Author Topic: Please tell us how Comodo Registry Cleaner helped you.  (Read 106586 times)

Offline Watasha

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Please tell us how Comodo Registry Cleaner helped you.
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2010, 01:51:22 PM »
I usually use CCleaner, as I have heard a lot more "no success" or "computer not working" stories with CSC's registry cleaner..  :P

Really? Now that I think about it I guess you're right, I've heard that CSC is pretty aggressive but CCleaner reall did a trick on my system, after I rebooted it took about 5 seconds for me to hit system restore 88). CSC apparently hasn't hurt anything....yet. :-X
Resident: Comodo CIS
AVG Linkscanner

On Demand: MBAM & SAS
Hitman Pro

2010 National Champion Auburn Tigers!!!
WAR EAGLE!

Offline schwartr

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2010, 07:10:10 PM »
the last time i used a reg cleaner/defrager my system died and would not even boot...so i stay away from them.

i have asked on many many many forums about reg cleaners and all i get is cut and pasted garbage the developers spoon feed people saying how "its essential/vital/critical/ect" do clean the registry. no one talks about the fact that reg cleaners can and probably will one day mess something up pretty badly. I am no expert on this subject but when i get no real data and nothing but spoon feed dribble from the sheeple who swear by them i get leary.

Im not bashing CRC or calling the people who use it sheeple, but some people only listen to what the developers tell them (ie: buy my product or your computer will 'splode) and quote it as Gospel without any form of intelligence or knowledge.

Offline knk2006

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2010, 11:31:24 PM »
I had an item on the context menu that's being left when I uninstalled the horrible winPatrol " plz don't install this software ever " ,

it's been for a while ,, CCleaner didn't remove it , I couldn't do that manually either !

but guess what after I ran a scan with CSC it disappeared , so problem solved and I'm happy again  :D

Also , I found out that what's so called TuneUp is really useless in terms of registry cleaning ! so I uninstalled it right away 

Offline halfcack

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2011, 05:58:23 PM »
It's hard to believe anyone's computer runs at all.  CSC cleans and cleans and cleans.  I just had one problem with build 53.

The double named updater dll was somehow wiped from my computer.  I searched for a long time and posted here.  The closest I came was get it from your manufacturer.

There is very little information on it out there.  I missed CSC so much I had to start from scratch.  No problems since then.

I have 26,000 items that CSC won't remove from the last Windows update a few days ago?  They are temporary files.

Otherwise, I thank you again for the products you've put out and it's hard to believe that Matousec had to come up with more viruses, malware and trojans to try and break CIS.

Comodo products have made my computer experience more reliable while greatly reducing down time.

Thank you.

Offline halfcack

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2011, 06:31:19 PM »
The amount of garbage that would have accumulated by now is astounding.  It's no wonder I could never keep a computer running for any length of time.  Thank you Comodo, staff and all of you.

I was extremely proud of Comodo getting the award this year.  I looked at Matousec yesterday and it looks like everyone has all but given up.

The products I use to spend the most money on are at the bottom do not use list.  One competitor can not compete because of some sort of affiliation with the company and there sits Comodo at the top with no excuses.

It took a bit of time to find the right settings for me but I did and it has not disabled my computer even once.  I use full clean and aggressive settings, however that is for me, maybe not for you.  So be careful and come to the forums.  Lots of good stuff here.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 06:38:18 PM by halfcack »

Offline andrei1997

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2011, 07:27:16 PM »
We had a 7 year old CPU that was running slowly(Pentium 4) running on XP and The registry cleaner fixed multiple problems and the CPU ran a lot smoother and faster. But the Active clean slowed it down A LOT!!! should fix that problem.

Offline ZBTSI

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2011, 01:09:40 AM »
I've always been very apprehensive about registry cleaners. There have been a lot of
conversations about them in the newsgroups, and not much of what is said is favorable.

Just to see for myself, I decided to try Comodo's product. I did a "Normal" clean on my system.
Apparently, it removed a bunch of stuff that didn't need to be in there, but some of the items
were regenerated as soon as the next restart.  On balance, I guess I'd have to say that there
hasn't been any perceptible improvement in performance.

That was two weeks ago.  I guess I'd have to count myself as lucky that no damage was
done; at least nothing that I've spotted so far.

If you're going to attempt to use a product like this, it's always a good idea to create a restore
point, and also back up the registry beforehand.  Free utilities are available for this purpose.

Regards.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 01:16:13 AM by ZBTSI »
Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 [at] 3.0 GHz | 2 GB DDR2 System RAM
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L | NVidia 8400GS Graphics w/512 MB RAM | 2xHDD 2xDVD 1xFloppy
CIS Version 5.10.228257.2253 | CSC Has Been Removed | On-demand MBAM

Offline cjmaxs

« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2015, 01:16:53 PM »
It didn't help. It did not recognize I was an administrator signed-in. I uninstalled it. Tried to leave message on your contact page, that didn't work either.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2015, 07:59:47 PM »
The program has not been updated for quite a while and was never designed for Windows 8.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek