Author Topic: Please tell us how Comodo Registry Cleaner helped you.  (Read 106590 times)

Offline shep1185

Re: Please tell us how Comodo Registry Cleaner helped you.
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2008, 08:17:13 PM »
Hi all, just thought I would add my two cents worth.   I have been using Registry Mechanic (Rel 4/5/6) for
a few years now, and have not had any real problems.  On advice from the various forums I started using
Glary Utilities and Ccleaner which I found to be great.   Last week I downloaded Comodo Registry Cleaner (CRC) after seeing it mentioned on the net.  I have been using the COMODO firewall for about six months and found it to be excellant.  I ran CRC and was amazed at the errors it found in my registry.  CRC found a lot of Active X entries that both Ccleaner and Glary Utilities missed.  In fact the errors found by CRC were the same as a trial Registry Cleaner that I had recently downloaded.  I checked the entries and cleaned all.  My system feels better and faster and I thank you for a great product.  I love the 'feel' of CRC and the simplicity of the GUI. I still have the others loaded and quite often run them all to see the differences in the errors found and I am convinved that CRC is the best.  Comparing the three in cleaning the registry is probably not fair as the other two are not just registry cleaners but 'do all' cleaning programs and as such do a great job and cannot be expexcted to catch all the errors that CRC would, being a dedicated Registry Cleaner, however it is an interesting exercise.  CRC definatly finds the most errors but running the Glary Utilities Registry cleaner after CRC will still manage to find more errors in the Add/Delete program section.

When people in the Forum talk about the registry compactor are that talking ablout a Comodo Compactor because I have not found one and I believe it would be a great addition as I found the registry defrag in Registry Mechanic really good and I miss it, or are they talking about NTREGOPT which I have not used yet because I had one disasterous experience wih Registry Defrag. CRC is a great product that will continue to improve, Thank you.

Shep1185

Offline weaker

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2008, 06:08:51 AM »
CRC contained a compactor in early releases. It was a bit buggy and was taken out. Devs said that in the long term they will add it again.

Offline LeoniAquila

• Retired moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2008, 08:03:23 AM »
When people in the Forum talk about the registry compactor are that talking ablout a Comodo Compactor because I have not found one and I believe it would be a great addition as I found the registry defrag in Registry Mechanic really good and I miss it, or are they talking about NTREGOPT which I have not used yet because I had one disasterous experience wih Registry Defrag. CRC is a great product that will continue to improve, Thank you.

The compactor was removed due to some problems, but it's expected to come back in a later release.

LA

ps. welcome to the forum. :)

Offline Duskao

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2008, 06:22:58 PM »
I used it about 2 months ago and have issues with it. I ended up using the backup from comodo and it worked great, so at that time that was all I had good to say about it.

I tried it again a few days ago and actually followed the instructions of turning off programs and not running anything while it scanned and I think that made a huge difference. Normally I have to admit that I take most of that stuff with a grain of salt cause in most cases it's just to let you know that in some minute case there could be issues, and especially when it states something about turning off AV's and that kind of stuff. I usually leave them on and figure if it causes problems then it isn't worth having on my computer if it can't work well with my AV. Anyway, that was one thing I did leave on while it scanned, I had CIS, Boclean, and Nintendo WI-FI (for my WII) left on in my system tray. It found just under 500 problems, 380 of which were unsafe (so I left those alone) and cleaned/repaired the other 120ish. Since then my computer has been working much faster and where I really notice it is on reboot, the time it takes has been almost cut in half if not more. I can't tell you exactly in seconds because I never timed it before, but I would often go and make my self an espresso coffee and come back to see the welcome Windows XP screen just loading up, and now when I do the same thing, go make espresso coffee and come back, windows is always fully loaded up, when generally I would have to wait another coulple minutes before for the few things in the tray to load up. Some programs seem to start up snappier as well.

I have tried many different registry tools, and none of them have had this kind of effect. I would go on to list them, but they are too numerious and I can't even remember all of them that I have tried. So thank you Comodo! The worst part is... I'm sure with time it is only going to get better :)

Offline LaserWraith

• pillow fighting fool
  • Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I'm going to go out with a bang
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2008, 12:01:38 PM »
The compactor was removed due to some problems, but it's expected to come back in a later release.

LA

ps. welcome to the forum. :)

I wonder what problems. :THNK   Well it certainly did something to me, I think it was the program that made my Windows Explorer always open a new window, even when I told it not it in Folder Options.

Offline the1969info

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2008, 12:02:55 PM »
 :BNC  I use my free avast antivirus for a while, and had purchased Max Registry cleaner for about $30 for a one year stint. Everything worked great.  But something has happened on my computer to look for free programs that could help more.  i tried Eusing Cleaner, it worked great but doesn't look like it did much, I tried Quad Registry cleaner, it was suppose to be free, It does a wonderful job of finding the errors. But ends up trying to charge you. I kept it cause it scans the computer for free and tells me whats wrong. I had 1900 hundred combined errors it found. But I had previously run the other programs to remove what the other did not. I found COMODO---Thank God for COMODO!  I am a penny pincher thats the truth, getting COMODO for free was awesome. Not just because it was free but it removed all the errors that none of the other programs had removed.  I didn't have to pay for it and it did a FANTASTIC JOB.  My new computer is Windows Vista 32bit, since it worked great on it, I went to my Aunts who has my Windows XP computer, she had many things wrong it. I cleared it up using the free Avast Antiivirus and made that darn computer super fast by Using COMODO Registry Cleaner. Its really, really great.   After reading these articles the first time today I found out you have the firewall and antivirus as well. So I will try them as well when I get another computer. I cannot uninstall Avast cause I believe in not messing around with a good thing.   AND COMODO REGISTRY CLEANER IS A GOOD THING!  i have put its websites home page in my favorites and in the notepad of yahoo so when I go to a friends house I can easily take them to the website and let them try it.   I LOVE YOUR REGISTRY CLEANER COMODO,   THANKS YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR FREE PRODUCT! (L) (B)

Offline eXPerience

• Left the Forums
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Free Forever !
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2008, 12:48:53 PM »
Welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback.

I'm sure the developers will be happy if they read your post. If you need any help with Comodo Internet Security, simply post a help request in these forums  :)

Have fun

Xan

Offline MIDNIGHTCOWBOY

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2008, 09:56:28 AM »
You may be pleased to know that I have just returned to the "fold" after a less than satisfying experience with Kaspersky 2009 which, despite its price tag, is now in the Bin!  Suffice to say I will not be trusting the AV component of Comodo just yet, preferring to keep my Avira for a while longer, but the impression I now have of the firewall and Defense Plus is that these have been de-bugged and refined to high standard.

My first experience with the system cleaner is cautiously good except for the Task Manager which prompts the programme closure for almost every application I click on.

Any ideas please lads???

Offline eXPerience

• Left the Forums
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Free Forever !
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2008, 10:00:11 AM »
Probably a bug, please report it over here

Thanks

Xan

Offline LaserWraith

• pillow fighting fool
  • Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I'm going to go out with a bang
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2008, 11:18:54 AM »
You may be pleased to know that I have just returned to the "fold" after a less than satisfying experience with Kaspersky 2009 which, despite its price tag, is now in the Bin!  Suffice to say I will not be trusting the AV component of Comodo just yet, preferring to keep my Avira for a while longer, but the impression I now have of the firewall and Defense Plus is that these have been de-bugged and refined to high standard.

My first experience with the system cleaner is cautiously good except for the Task Manager which prompts the programme closure for almost every application I click on.

Any ideas please lads???

Hmmm...I get the same problem. :THNK

peterbebb

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2009, 09:38:46 AM »
Disk Cleaner and Duplicate Files removed my internet access and i had to reinstall Windows to get it back. Don't use these tools - they have no restore facility and inhibit the Windows restore function

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2009, 09:44:40 AM »
Disk Cleaner and Duplicate Files removed my internet access and i had to reinstall Windows to get it back. Don't use these tools - they have no restore facility and inhibit the Windows restore function

Peter

thank you for trying.

Our beta launched has the full restore functionality (first in the world!) that can always get you back to your previous configuration. The biggest problem of all registry/file cleaners is that user might clean something by mistake which might cause an issue. That's why we innovated and patented a way of being able to go back.

thank you

Melih

Offline martinlf

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2009, 04:36:48 PM »
I have an old computer that my wife brought from work.  It was locking up and would not update the Windows software.  After one Comodo Registry Cleaner Scan in July 2008  it updated everything and there have been far fewer lockups.  I am delighted with the way Comodo worked for me with that scan.  I haven't run a scan since then, though.  I do have a question that appears at the bottom of this post. 

I did a lot of research when installing free antivirus, firewall, and registry clearner and have Avast, Sunbelt, and Comodo to be sure I'd have systems compatible with the Windows 2000 system on the computer.  I notice since I've been reading this forum that a new version of Comodo is out.  I haven't run a scan lately and am waiting to be sure that I don't have to turn off Avast and Sunbelt or my wireless usb internet link before scanning to be sure registry entries don't get messed up with a scan.   I never did this with Registry Mechanic, which I no longer run.

After reading some other threads,  I'm wondering if I should also update my Comodo Registry Cleaner with an uninstall and reinstall of the newest version.  I always make changes with my breath held when nothing is wrong--the old "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" approach.  I can't remember if I chose Comodo because it had good compatibliity with Windows 2000 or not.

Should I update?  Do I have to? 

Offline LeoniAquila

• Retired moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2009, 05:02:18 PM »
I have an old computer that my wife brought from work.  It was locking up and would not update the Windows software.  After one Comodo Registry Cleaner Scan in July 2008  it updated everything and there have been far fewer lockups.  I am delighted with the way Comodo worked for me with that scan.  I haven't run a scan since then, though.  I do have a question that appears at the bottom of this post. 

I did a lot of research when installing free antivirus, firewall, and registry clearner and have Avast, Sunbelt, and Comodo to be sure I'd have systems compatible with the Windows 2000 system on the computer.  I notice since I've been reading this forum that a new version of Comodo is out.  I haven't run a scan lately and am waiting to be sure that I don't have to turn off Avast and Sunbelt or my wireless usb internet link before scanning to be sure registry entries don't get messed up with a scan.   I never did this with Registry Mechanic, which I no longer run.

After reading some other threads,  I'm wondering if I should also update my Comodo Registry Cleaner with an uninstall and reinstall of the newest version.  I always make changes with my breath held when nothing is wrong--the old "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" approach.  I can't remember if I chose Comodo because it had good compatibliity with Windows 2000 or not.

Should I update?  Do I have to? 

I recommend you uninstall the old Comodo Registry Cleaner and install the new Comodo System Cleaner, which also contains a newer Registry Cleaner. The new one features SAFE DELETE among other things, a patent pending feature which lets you reboot after cleaning to make sure that the machine starts again and works as expected.

:)

Offline zeus_hunt

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2009, 04:42:35 PM »
I recommend you uninstall the old Comodo Registry Cleaner and install the new Comodo System Cleaner, which also contains a newer Registry Cleaner. The new one features SAFE DELETE among other things, a patent pending feature which lets you reboot after cleaning to make sure that the machine starts again and works as expected.

:)

I installed CSC on my Vista unit... yesterday
After cleanup... I was unhappy* to see that it requires a unit restart and one does not have any other option..
The CSC window stays on top of all other apps.. so is quite irritating as well.  >:(

So after restart.. Unit did not come back to desktop.  ???

Only after Last known good Config .. was I able to get back..
I was playing NFS Most wanted and was going to challenge 4th ranked player on BlackList. I would have gone mad if all that setting would have been lost.

I am happy with ComodoRegCleaner_1.0.17.23_Portable

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek