Author Topic: Please tell us how Comodo Registry Cleaner helped you.  (Read 105605 times)

Offline Bluesman

• Comodo's Hero
  • Only Amiga Makes It Possible
Re: Please tell us how Comodo Registry Cleaner helped you.
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 05:23:56 AM »
So you are not worries at all when using Comodo registry cleaner ???

Correct! I have used it on many computers, and I trust this software 100%, and I have not got any problems on the computers I have tested this software on.

The computers boot up faster, and when I use them, I feel that they work faster than before.

Before I used CCleaner, and I thought that it was a good program, but oh my good, I was so wrong  88)

(R)
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Offline larlyles

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 10:42:15 AM »
I have used CRC on 2 Vista Ultimate machines and 1 Vista Business machine without ANY problems at all. I used the compactor when it was still a part of the program, and didn't have any problem with it either on the Vista machines. When I ran the compactor on our XP Home SP3 laptop, it caused the registry hives to become messed up and the computer would not boot up after that. The compactor causing problems on some computers was why it was removed from the program. The size of the registry on all computers is relatively small. I have read that compacting or defragmenting the registry really doesn't do much at all for performance because of it's relatively small size. But the compactor was never a problem on our Vista machines, only the XP machine.

I used a paid registry cleaner, Registry First Aid, for probably 6 or 7 years now. I started using Comodo Registry Cleaner when it went to public release. Both of these registry cleaners do a good job of removing registry errors and speed up the computer after removing these registry errors. CRC seems to find a larger total number of errors than Registry FirstAid, while Registry FirstAid finds some different registry errors that CRC doesn't find, or doesn't consider being worthwhile to remove. CRC is definitely as good, or better than Registry FirstAid, and it is a free product. Thanks to the Comodo development team for putting out a great product.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 08:46:52 PM by larlyles »

Offline DaRtH VaDeR.

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Everything in life comes to an end, exept life
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »
yesterday I ran the CRC on my overbloated xp sp 3 home edition pc.... I closed down every application in the background....

I deleted about 1300 registry errors and short after that my pc was remarkable fast! Internet explorer started bloody fast after I ran the cleaner! Incredible!

Today I booted the machine and I see an error about some fax installer and it does not want to go away what ever I click..... but now it is gone... but when I start my pc I think it will be there again.... I do not know the solution yet.....

After reboot ie has lost some of its speed when I started it yesterday, but it is still better than before!

[attachment deleted by admin]
DaRtH VaDeR says: "The path of success and progress is not to be reached by the things you have done, but by the things you will do, so think before you act,the voice of your history will confirm this fact.."

DaRtH VaDeR says: "Your system is as secure as the weakest link in your entire security"

Offline larlyles

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 10:47:07 AM »
yesterday I ran the CRC on my overbloated xp sp 3 home edition pc.... I closed down every application in the background....

I deleted about 1300 registry errors and short after that my pc was remarkable fast! Internet explorer started bloody fast after I ran the cleaner! Incredible!

Today I booted the machine and I see an error about some fax installer and it does not want to go away what ever I click..... but now it is gone... but when I start my pc I think it will be there again.... I do not know the solution yet.....

After reboot ie has lost some of its speed when I started it yesterday, but it is still better than before!

Restore your registry from the last registry backup that is automatically created by CRC. Then scan your registry again with CRC, but don't remove the registry errors that it finds just yet. Search down through the list of registry errors listed to find any entries that refer to Fax. I realize that will be a lot of entries to search through, but you will find at least one, maybe more, entries that refer to Fax. Uncheck those entries and then right-click them and choose 'Add to Ignore List'. Then let CRC remove all the remaining registry errors. Then after you reboot, you should not be bothered by this Fax popup again. Sometimes regsitry cleaners remove certain entries that are associated with a program or hardware (usually a printer) that are needed for the program or hardware systray icon to work properly. This usually doesn't take too much time and effort to find the entry, or entries, that needs to be added to the Ignore List and then you can safely remove all the other registry errors. This is a small inconvenience to pay for getting rid of all of the registry errors that slow your machine down. Remember that you got rid of about 1300 registry errors and this was the only problem you encountered so far.

Offline weaker

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 06:56:53 PM »
A registy cleaner that finds orphaned links to (meanwhile) non-existing files helps to keep the size of the registry small (with compacting afterwards). Cleaning with CRC and compacting with NTREGOPT reduced registry size by 5% (about 3,5 MB).

Offline buttoni

• Comodo Loves me
    • Buttoni's Low-Carb Recipes
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 10:20:16 PM »
After recently learning about CRC I decided to read the various forum posts to see what the feedback has been.  I usually won't consider using a registry cleaner for well-known reasons.   But the feedback was very promising and more positive than negative.  So I downloaded the latest version tonight.  Did a Windows System Restore.  Then did an ERUNT backup.  Turned off my Avast, CFP and SAS and ran a scan (default CRC backup left in-tact).  Scan found some 1057 registry errors.  I confirmed UNSAFE items were unchecked.  After a perusal of the list of items CRC found to clean out, I decided to "go for it" and hit the CLEAN button. No error messages.  No problems after rebooting.  Opened all programs (only a few on this pc) and all appear to be operating normally.   Time, of course,  will tell.   (:WIN)

GUI is very nice.  Thanks for another great program!   (:CLP)   
HP Pavilion p6-2120T Quad Core; 8 GB ram; 23" HP 2311x monitor; Win7x64 Home Premium; FX 55.0.3; AdBlock+;  Spectrum Ubee modem/router; Avast Free Antivirus, Windows 7 Firewall; MBAM on demand.

Offline buttoni

• Comodo Loves me
    • Buttoni's Low-Carb Recipes
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2008, 08:44:49 AM »
Just had to post that multiple boots now have all gone smooth.  From Power On to WinXP Login Screen is 23 seconds; another 8 seconds to user desktop; then only 5 seconds!! to load 3 security prgms (Avast,CPF,SAS Pro).  StartUp Monitor also loads.  WinXP seems to like the "clean out"!  VERY noticeable improvement to performance: bootup, prgm load, web surfing.    Thanks again for this well-designed package.  :Beer
HP Pavilion p6-2120T Quad Core; 8 GB ram; 23" HP 2311x monitor; Win7x64 Home Premium; FX 55.0.3; AdBlock+;  Spectrum Ubee modem/router; Avast Free Antivirus, Windows 7 Firewall; MBAM on demand.

Offline Enoch

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 08:35:30 AM »
Removed 980 errors, now running faster with no problems. Another excellent product from Comodo.

Offline fctrigg

Re: General Comments
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2008, 10:54:21 AM »
Boys and Girls

Twenty minutes later and I've accomplished nada, nothing, zero.  I've just wasted my time trying to find out something that may be simple to all of you, but is Greek to me.  I've used your registry cleaner and am impressed.  Now it asks me to specify values to remove when I scan.  Since I've always been warned about messing with the registry, since I bought my first computer, an Osborne back in the early 80's, I haven't broken that rule.

The problem now is I don't know what the hell a value is in this context.  So as a result, I can no longer run your program, a program that finds twice to three times the problems other programs find, and after running your program about 6 times, and had no bad result, I tend to think it is probably a very good program.

What I think the problem is, is that you guys tend to assume everyone is familiar with what you call values, regarding the registry.  To me, values are things like the worth of some item, often reflected in it's price.  Maybe you're referring to moral values people have differing opinions on such as abortion or same sex marriage.  Those kind of things are values to me.

What do you mean by values in a registry cleaner?  I can't find out from your extensive forums because they are too logical to me I guess.  In this email or post which I have no idea if it will even be posted, you have the Standard Options omitted for clarity.  What are the standard options?  I guess I could spend another 20 minutes and find out, but I don't know that they'd do me any good, because they may not be any more obvious that what "values" are to me at this time.

At any rate I'll state my opinion that your forums and help sections were written for those who really wouldn't need your registry cleaner because they could print it the registry out and see what was necessary and what was not.  It's too damn simple for me to figure out. 

Check out some of the other forums on almost any other subject concerning computers.  Most of them give idiots like me a fighting chance of using them.  This one doesn't.  Actually it's the most confusing one I've ever seen.  To think I have fourteen years of college, and earned three degrees, history, geography and a Masters in Education, and can't figure out your forums is weird to say the least.   The Masters is basically worthless but it did teach me to create a test to measure how well someone knows something. Well I've failed this test.

After over 25 years of teaching experience and 25 years of computer experience, including teaching computer basics to computer illeterate people, I had no idea how stupid I was.  What you really need very badly is technical writers who don't assume the reader is already an expert because if the reader was and expert, he or she wouldn't need you. 

Truthfully you are limiting your chances of overwhelming success by employing whoever put this clusterf__k of a forum together. 

Frank C Trigg

Offline LeoniAquila

• Retired moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2008, 11:25:34 AM »
Frank C Trigg,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you find it all difficult, but the forum is here to help you.

Sometimes one just has to learn a new language to understand what it's all about. When it comes to registry cleaners, one should be aware of what the registry is before using such software. This is all explained at the CRC overview page. It mainly refers to entries instead of values. Still, value is just a synonyme and it's commonly used in the computer / programming world - not only as something in the Windows registry.

Again, there are things to learn, so please have patience, I'm sure you're not stupid.

LA

Offline weaker

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2008, 05:19:15 PM »
[at]Frank: I had to smile when I read your post. Not because of you not being able to figure out what was meant but because it remembered me that sometimes "we techies" are still miles away from "normal people" although we try hard. In the end it's "normal people" that should be able to use the software. Thank you for reminding us of that fact  :)

Offline Sandwater

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 03:43:35 AM »
Hello Comodo Team!!
Your registry cleaner tool worked for me just fine.
I decided to download it to see if it would help me resolve a problem I had with my start menu shortcuts, of all things.   And it did resolve the problem.
And it, finally for me, got rid of 2 services I could not figure out how to get rid of,  both left behind by other uninstalls.  Won't mention names.
Plus, it helped remove leftovers from all the pgms I've installed and uninstalled over the past year (since the last reinstall of XP).   I love the filter feature,   I now can uninstall pgms completely,  or closer to it.
And the old hardware stuff too...the cleaner did finish breaking my audio driver, and that was a good thing.   It was already acting funny,  and the cleaner finished it off.  Easy reinstall of that and everything is good now.

And the best part is, no kidding, this machine is behaving like a fresh install.  Very zippy.  And without the hours of reinstall!!!!

I've used several cleaners over the years,  hard to say if they would have worked,  as my experience is getting up there...now.   For me, this is the best one I've used.    Plus it's from you guy's,  the guy's with the awesome firewall.

And too any new people out there considering using computer tune up tools.   Do not forget your responsibility to back up your data files (photos, notes, spreadsheets, etc) first.   You must.   Like brushing your teeth,  you have too,  there isn't a choice :)    If you don't break your computer today, you will some other day, for sure.

Thanks for the great software....awww, when you gonna start charging?

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 11:46:39 PM »
Thank you for all your replies and sharing your experiences guys, pls keep them coming!!!

I hope these testimonials show how good registry cleaners can help users solve their issues!

thanks

Melih

Offline JimA

• Landing at PIE
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 07:57:55 PM »
Seemed to do a very good job, however, when I clicked on help nothing happened.

Offline haapy

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek