Author Topic: Please tell us how Comodo Registry Cleaner helped you.  (Read 105373 times)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
Please tell us how Comodo Registry Cleaner helped you.
« on: September 24, 2008, 10:59:25 PM »
We are very eager to hear from you as to how Comodo Registry Cleaner (or any other registry cleaner) might have helped you.

We would love to hear from you, pls do tell us and give as much details as you feel comfortable with.

thank you

Melih
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 11:44:18 PM by Melih »

Offline Kyle

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Please tell us how Comodo Registry Cleaner helped you.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 12:27:45 AM »
It's a very good product :) I usually run it after everytime I uninstall and application now :)

When I first ran it it cleaared away entries that I couldn't even remember from previous games, security software etc!  And the end result is a faster system :)

Thank you
Windows 7 x64
AMD FX 8120, 8gb ram, ATI 6870 1gb

Offline RejZoR

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 01:38:30 AM »
It's hard to say whether it helped or not, but it hasn't ruined anything so far so thats a good start. Usualy registry cleaners mess up something sooner or later...

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 03:05:00 AM »
I myself have had an issue with the current version.
I have submitted the results as was asked (to find a solution).
Currently I use TuneUp 2008 as that has not caused any issues to date.
I usually do a cleanup after every install and every un-install.
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Bah! Ban 'em all! The only good member is a banned member
And a member is just a policy violator who hasn't been caught yet. >:-D

Offline hunter10039

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 11:54:50 PM »
how registry cleaner helped me???

1. was free

2. let me know my XP svc Pac 3 was NOT in effect, when it said I had svc pack 2,

so then i struggled to get svc pac 3 to INSTALL....sigh...i thought i DID already install it weeks ago....I dont know what went wrong.

3. now I ASK....what do i do with "unsafe entries" ????? I have 95 of them....some (a few) of which are related to the Panda Antivirus I have...the remainder I dont know what they are or what, if anything....to do

Offline larlyles

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 06:38:51 PM »
how registry cleaner helped me???

1. was free

2. let me know my XP svc Pac 3 was NOT in effect, when it said I had svc pack 2,

so then i struggled to get svc pac 3 to INSTALL....sigh...i thought i DID already install it weeks ago....I dont know what went wrong.

3. now I ASK....what do i do with "unsafe entries" ????? I have 95 of them....some (a few) of which are related to the Panda Antivirus I have...the remainder I dont know what they are or what, if anything....to do
Leave the Unsafe Entries alone. They are listed simply to alert you that they are there in your registry and could be errors. But they are lsited under Unsafe Entries because they could cause you problems with your programs and/or hardware, such as printers, if you remove them.

Offline DaRtH VaDeR.

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Everything in life comes to an end, exept life
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 09:12:57 PM »
I tried the registry cleaner.... so far no problems.... still I am a bit worried what might come....
DaRtH VaDeR says: "The path of success and progress is not to be reached by the things you have done, but by the things you will do, so think before you act,the voice of your history will confirm this fact.."

DaRtH VaDeR says: "Your system is as secure as the weakest link in your entire security"

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 05:29:36 PM »
I tried the registry cleaner.... so far no problems.... still I am a bit worried what might come....

did you notice any difference in your system performance?
thanks
Melih

Offline DaRtH VaDeR.

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 05:40:41 PM »
did you notice any difference in your system performance?
thanks
Melih

in fact I did noticed some difference in system performance... my pc seemed to go faster... I mean programs seemed to load faster... But I can not tell for sure.. But I am glad now I installed an have runned the registry cleaner!

Thank you for this program!  (:CLP) :SMLR
DaRtH VaDeR says: "The path of success and progress is not to be reached by the things you have done, but by the things you will do, so think before you act,the voice of your history will confirm this fact.."

DaRtH VaDeR says: "Your system is as secure as the weakest link in your entire security"

Offline LeoniAquila

• Retired moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 05:44:41 PM »
in fact I did noticed some difference in system performance... my pc seemed to go faster... I mean programs seemed to load faster... But I can not tell for sure.. But I am glad now I installed an have runned the registry cleaner!

How many entries did you remove? Have you also used a compacter?

LA

Offline DaRtH VaDeR.

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 05:49:13 PM »
How many entries did you remove? Have you also used a compacter?

LA

I removed about 980 entries, but I can not remember it straight.... I did not use the compacter, because it said I will only gain very few amount of benefit from it: only 0.08 % it said... I think this could be true, because I used registry defrag of tune up utilities a couple of times before I ran the compacter (:WIN)

Offline LeoniAquila

• Retired moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 11:37:57 AM »
980 entries is quite a lot, I would expect a compacter to squeeze away some % after that...

LA

Offline eXPerience

• Left the Forums
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Free Forever !
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 12:03:41 PM »
Comodo Registry Cleaner is one of my favorite tools when cleaning up someones computer  :). It's not only deep, but also safe so I can (almost) be sure that all the keys are safe to delete...

I think this could be true, because I used registry defrag of tune up utilities a couple of times before I ran the compacter
For now I use auslogics registry defrag...

Xan

Offline DaRtH VaDeR.

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 12:07:49 PM »
So you are not worries at all when using Comodo registry cleaner ??? .....hmmmm.... :THNK... When I use Tune up registry cleaner I trust it completely.... But when using CRC I do not have that feeling.....

I have installed and on my overbloated xp machine.... but I am not willing to us it yet on that machine.... I am waiting for a good review... (:WIN)

Offline eXPerience

• Left the Forums
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Free Forever !
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 12:10:17 PM »
But when using CRC I do not have that feeling.....
So it's not bloated enough to give you a 'safe' feeling ? I like products that are straight to the point, not somethings you need to go through 10 pages...

!ot! Tune-up's registry cleaner is almost worse then CCleaner

Xan

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek