Author Topic: COMODO System Utilities 4.0 Released!!!  (Read 110572 times)

Offline savit

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
    • 4savit.blogspot.com
Re: COMODO System Utilities 4.0 Released!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 06:39:49 AM »
I have the following issue:

Win7, x64 Enterprise. CSU 4.0.x x64 portable.

Logged on as Standard user, using 'Run as Administrator' enter password for UAC prompt and then I get this:

or

Up to date Win XP Pro SP3 x32, CIS 5.9

Account : Administrator
Run as... : Administrator

resolved.  ;)

COMODO System Utilities Service (CSUService) have Dependencies 'Terminal Services (TermService)' of windows.

so

Terminal Services (TermService) - must Started (Manual or Automatic)

if stopped Terminal Services (TermService), stopped COMODO System Utilities Service (CSUService,Automatic Status)

Offline Boris 3

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 08:58:33 AM »
I've the same problem as other people report though I'm logged as administrator in win XP3.

Savit, terminal server service is needed for remote assistance. I always disable it for security reason and don't see why CSU should need it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mops21

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2012, 10:41:32 AM »
Hi all

I have download it and i uninstall the CSC and after that i install this one and i found some translation missing i use the german Version of it

Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Offline Mops21

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 01:27:43 PM »
Hi all

I have download it and i uninstall the CSC and after that i install this one and i found some translation missing i use the german Version of it

Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Offline Mops21

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012, 02:00:38 PM »
Hi

I have translated into German see my attached Zip Folder and add the missing Translation to the Next Version of Comodo System Utilities

Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Offline barry1976

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 02:35:06 PM »
congrats with the release of Comodo System Utilities 4.0 , downloaded and installed it today and it runs like a charm , next to Iobit Advanced System Care!!!
 ;D
CIS  v11.0.0.6728 ( cs settings ) - NVTsyshardener

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 10:15:59 PM »
The registry defrag is a little different than a disk defrag. Registry data structure is stored in registry hive files. This files are loaded during computer boot into the memory. The more fragmented the registry are, the bigger the registry hives. This mean that the boot time will be bigger. So basically the registry defrag is done to shrink the registry hive files, this leading to a better boot time.
Disk defrag is done to improve seek time when accessing the file. When accessing a file, the more fragmented it is, the longer it will take to read it, because it's buffers are spread all over the HDD.
The hives are stored as individual files. Does registry defragmentation defragment these individual files which may be scattered over the disk?

Offline Razvan Raschitor

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 01:12:57 AM »
The hives are stored as individual files. Does registry defragmentation defragment these individual files which may be scattered over the disk?

Yes, it defragments all this files. When multiple registry keys and values are deleted, a lot of free space remains in the registry hive files. We also compact this files, to make them smaller.
Regards,
Razvan Raschitor
Project Manager

Follow me!

Offline Razvan Raschitor

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2012, 01:14:14 AM »
Hi

I have translated into German see my attached Zip Folder and add the missing Translation to the Next Version of Comodo System Utilities

Hi,

Thank you for the translation. Next week we will launch an update, and your translation will be present in the setup.
Regards,
Razvan Raschitor
Project Manager

Follow me!

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2012, 01:22:04 AM »
Hi,

Thank you for the translation. Next week we will launch an update, and your translation will be present in the setup.

what is the update going to address?

thanks
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline Razvan Raschitor

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2012, 03:30:38 AM »
what is the update going to address?

thanks

We'll investigate and fix the problem with terminal server service and  update translation in some languages.
If we have time, we'll add more information to registry defrag ( what you requested in the wishlist ). It's a good idea.
Regards,
Razvan Raschitor
Project Manager

Follow me!

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2012, 03:38:48 AM »
We'll investigate and fix the problem with terminal server service and  update translation in some languages.
If we have time, we'll add more information to registry defrag ( what you requested in the wishlist ). It's a good idea.

thanks for the info. i hope to see my request in the update, if not i hope to see it soon
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline Mops21

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2012, 07:00:28 AM »
Hi,

Thank you very much the Next Files to translate comes today
Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Offline GritNatZ

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2012, 06:01:29 PM »
Hello,

Up to date Win XP Home 32 SP3
Comodo FW & Defense+
Free Avira Anti-virus
CSU_FREE_4.0.216251.7_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7_BETA.exe

Logged on as administrator.
I got this message just after the install and every time I try to run the application :

COMODO System Utilities can only be started by an administrator which is logged on to the system.

Solved thanks to this reply :
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-csu/comodo-system-utilities-40-released-t82332.0.html;msg588020#msg588020
Thank you savit.

We'll investigate and fix the problem with terminal server service and  update translation in some languages.

Thanks  ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:21:49 PM by GritNatZ »

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2012, 09:39:24 PM »
Yes, it defragments all this files. When multiple registry keys and values are deleted, a lot of free space remains in the registry hive files. We also compact this files, to make them smaller.
Thanks. :)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek