COMODO System Cleaner 2.2.126408.3 Public Release BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); WinXP Pro SP3 32bit
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 3.13.126709.581 Fully enabled plus DNS
  • How you produced the problem; Updated CSC
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; I keep complaining about it!
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); n/a
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; n/a
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; n/a
  • Any other Additional Information; n/a

This happens every update:

After updating, my personal settings for filter entries in CDC are wiped out and have to be re-entered.

It’s not such a big deal, rather a continuing annoyance. :-\

A minor GUI bug (brought to notice just for information)

When diagnostics is run, some part of the text is cut.

Screenshot attached
(I don’t know why the background colour changed to kind of pink when screenshot was taken, but the colour of GUI is okay in the computer)

(XP SP3. CIS full the only realtime security software)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Its not really a bug but more an annoyance, When you click on powerclean you cannot view the powerclean settings untill you scan and clean the computer. If you try to click it at any other stage you get the “please wait for current operation to finish” message box. And if you click cancel it returns you to the registry cleaner form.

Hi You All
Just had an awful experience, ‘No System Resources available’ ’ No Sockets available’. I swear, think rude thoughts about MS and their inability to write solid OSs. Reboot windows. Everything seems to be functioning as it should. 20 minutes later same thing.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); XP SP3 32 bit
  • Security Software Installed; COMODO Firewall, AVG, Spybot (run as required)
  • How you produced the problem; used the computer
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Rebooted
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); None, machine was non-functional
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; None
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; Sorry, I didn’t
  • Any other Additional Information; Extremely stable machine, it only took MS 4 years after XPs release

I stopped thinking of all the dreadful things that could have happened, unable to access rather expensive software required for work etc. and started to work through the problem.

First step: What’s changed on the machine? Installed COMDO System Cleaner.
Next: is this the problem? Uninstalled Cleaner
Next Rebooted again

Machine now works as it had been. Sorry guys your Firewall is superb but I’ll stick with CCleaner until you can convince me that CSC won’t nobble my computer.

cheers

Dear Moderators
I posted in the wrong topic, can you move it to a correct one.
thanks

Hello,

Can you tell us what version of COMODO System-Cleaner you installed? Is the lathest one? ( 2.2.126408.3 )

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Windows XP Pro SP3 32 bit
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 4.0.664.127486 beta, CTM 2.4.125818.154
  • How you produced the problem; Cleaned registry with Registry Protection, restarted. No Restore/Finalize window.
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Restarted again. Same result.
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); Attached. Shows message when I click on Scan in Registry Cleaner.
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; Attached
  • Any other Additional Information; I use the portable version.

Opera 10.10 details (browsing history etc.) not shown when scanning with CPC.

[opera 10.10 installed through updater of opera 10 and hence opera 10 & 10.10 is shown in installed programs list].

(CSC updater shows opera in its list of programs being updated but when CPC is opened / scanned it does not list Opera at all)

XP SP3 32 bit
Only CIS as realtime
CSC 2.2.xx…3 (latest)

I created a shortcut to “C:\Program\COMODO\COMODO System-Cleaner\CSC.EXE” //registryprotection (copied from regedit), and double clicked on it. The Finalize/Restore window opened and I could restore the changes. :wink:

BUG: Memory Leak

I’m sure there is some kind of memory leak (although I can’t confirm) with 2.2.126408.3 installed. I’ve noticed this 3 times on my test tablet and once on my main computer. Each time CSC has been installed both my tablet and computer have reported not enough system resources and then becomes unresponsive (a hard reboot is then required).

During the time between this message and when I have to hard boot, icons disappear from the system tray, desktop font changes, icons from the Start Menu also disappear and desktop doesn’t redraw. After reboot and logon all is fine again but will occur after a while. Having uninstalled CSC from both computers, they have been running fine so I’m sure it’s either a problem with CSC being installed or another product doesn’t like CSC.

If there is any info I can send to resolve this, I am willing to install on my test tablet again but given the problem, it is impossible to troubleshoot at the time.

Both computer and tablet are running XP Pro SP3. CIS3 installed on computer and CIS4 beta on tablet. Also, using the installable version of CSC if that helps.

:slight_smile:

Edit: At the time of problem, it is not possible to take a screenshot or run any other software (only restart computer/tablet)

It’s Back! After updating to 2.2.126408.3, I noticed the infamous “Application DataComodoGroup” directory is back! The directory should be “Application Data[b][/b]ComodoGroup” for the CSC cache (this directory exists, we don’t need two).

WinXP Pro SP 3

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); win xp pro sp3 32 bit latest updates
  • Security Software Installed; comodo free firewall, avira AV, spybot as needed
  • How you produced the problem; cleaned reg in NOT high risk items
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; did system restore
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information; very stable system (until reg clean) with minimal number of programs on it.

On reboot got message that backup(?) couldn’t be written.
Started having system hangs after several minutes of usage, no response to KB or mouse
Power off reboot, no error message just system hangs.
Did restore from before system clean, system working okay again.
Still have comodo cleaner directory in c:\program files\

You’re firewall is great this cleaner is not.

Hi,

Can you please provide us with the logs of Comodo System-Cleaner ? CRC.log, CDC.log and CPC.log can be found in the installation folder of CSC.
Thank you.

Ursu,
Hi,

Can you please provide us with the logs of Comodo System-Cleaner ? CRC.log, CDC.log and CPC.log can be found in the installation folder of CSC.
Thank you.

Sorry they are gone.

burt8810

There is a misspelling. Please see the attached picture.

Erros Selected

Every single time I add at least one registry key to the ignore list in the portable CSC and I open CSC up a few times, the size of “CSCSettings.ini” just keeps rising up as CSC just adds new “IgnorePathxx=” lines to the file for some reason (even though the original ones were of course still there). This greatly blows up CSC launch/shut down time. Also on shut down the CSCSettings.ini file goes crazy - it jumps from a few KBs to a few hundred KBs (but in the end it will always be bigger than what it was before you launched CIS).

I included three files. One is a screenshot of CSCSettings.ini after opening it a few times, one is CSCSettings.ini when I have configured CSC with no relaunches and the final one is CSCSettings.ini after 7 reloads. I had to change the “CSCSettings.ini” filetypes to “.txt” (CSCSettings.ini.txt) so that your forum would allow it to be uploaded :a0.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
  • Security Software Installed; CIS, avast!, etc. (this won’t matter anyway)
  • How you produced the problem; I set at least one key to the ignore list and relaunch CSC at least one time
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; I tried different settings - no go, the 32-bit version - no go, older version (2.1) - works just fine
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; (this thing won’t get written there)

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); XP Home 32 bit SP3

• Security Software Installed; CIS 3.13.126709.581 firewall, av, d+ enabled

• How you produced the problem; registry cleaner finished scan, displayed finalize/restore pop-up, bsod occurred

• How you tried to resolve the problem;

1st time – powered off/powered on, desktop displayed, finalize/restore pop-up displayed, bsod occurred again;

2nd time – powered off/powered on, desktop displayed, finalize/restore pop-up displayed, clicked restore, bsod occurred;

3rd time – powered off/powered on, desktop displayed, tried registry cleaner again, finished scan, finalize/restore pop-up displayed, bsod occurred;

4th time – powered off/powered on, desktop displayed, restored machine prior to CSC.

• Screen-shots with the error (if any); sorry, none.

• Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; don’t know where/how to get them, if any

• All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; attached

• Any other Additional Information; none.