COMODO System Cleaner 2.0.110158.6 Public Release BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); WinXP Pro SP3 32 bit
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 3.11.108364.552 CFP, CAV, Defense+ Safe Mode and On Access
  • How you produced the problem; Ran Diagnostics and let it repair (more info below)
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Uninstalled CSC and reinstalled
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); Attached
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; n/a
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; n/a
  • Any other Additional Information; n/a
  1. Running the internal updater to update from 2.0.108716.5 to 2.0.110158.6 still wipes out all personal settings and backups.

2. When CSC updates the Applications list, it still wipes out all personal settings.

3. Running the Diagnostics finds an error in the csc_dll.dll file. Letting CSC repair the error doesn’t fix the problem. When running Diagnostics after the repair, the error is found again. I uninstalled and reinstalled CSC and the problem is still present.

[attachment deleted by admin]

What’s new?

• New applications added in CSC Database
    - Customizable filter entries

I can’t add anything to the filter entries properties box in CDC. When trying to type in an extension, I get nothing.

–Edit–

Resolved: https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_system_cleaner_fileregistryprivacy_cleaner/comodo_system_cleaner_201101586_public_release_bug_reports-t44794.0.html;msg323807#msg323807

For Mozilla Firefox 3.5.x, this build of CSC mistakenly assumes bookmarks are stored here:

\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles<FF profile>[b]bookmarks.html[/b]

However, that file only contains the default bookmarks for a new profile. Since v3.x, FF has stored active bookmarks in an SQLite database file, here:

\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles<FF profile>[b]places.sqlite[/b]

Unfortunately, this build of CSC also mistakenly assumes that places.sqlite only stores Browsing history; so if you include Browsing history in the Privacy Cleaner, you will wipe out your active bookmarks!

AFAIK, the only FF 3.x file that can safely be deleted to clear Browsing history is this one:

\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles<FF profile>[b]places.sqlite-journal[/b]

I don’t know if this build of CSC has the same issues with FF v3.0.x. I do know that this problem was not present in the last build of CSC v1.x

Hope you can get this fixed soon…

i updated my CSC to latests version which deleted all the csc logs after the update.
i have noticed it TAXES the Paging file.
which also puts windows into a Memory Protection Mode
which kicks Explorer from startingup and other programs and expands Paging file Automatically.

So i uninstalled it to relieve the problem.

What i noticed when looking at the windows Logs fund this ERROR
PerfDisk Unable to allocate a dynamic memory buffer which happens at sometime (startup)
info on it Disk Performance Counters are collected and used by services and applications. If they are installed incorrectly or with improper permissions, those services or applications cannot collect or interpret the data.

from that i think there may be a flaw in how csc interacts windows Disk Performance Counters.

what i suggest is to run it on a virtual machine and collect more info on the bug
i would but i am still doing work on my network (need machines functional) don’t have time to setup a Virtual Machine.

- Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
Windows XP SP3 32 bit

- Security Software Installed;
CIS

- How you produced the problem;
Using CPC to clean, it didn’t find the two browsers I have installed: Internet Explorer 8 and Opera 10.

- How you tried to resolve the problem;
N/A

- Screen-shots with the error (if any);
N/A

- Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
N/A

- All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
N/A

- Any other Additional Information;
Earlier versions of CSC has found and listed IE and Opera. This problem seems to apply to the newest CSC version.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); WinXP Pro SP3 32 bit

• Security Software Installed; CIS 3.11.108364.552, AV, Defense+, Safe Mode, Custom Mode, On Access,

• How you produced the problem; I tried to run CSC, selected language: hungarian

• How you tried to resolve the problem; Uninstalled CSC and reinstalled

• Screen-shots with the error (if any); Attached

• Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; n/a

• All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; n/a

• Any other Additional Information; n/a

Only work in english!! :cry:

Hello,

According to Firefox, “Places is the bookmarks and history management system introduced in Firefox 3” (source here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Places).
Still, older versions of Firefox have these two categories in separate locations.

Because of this, we joined the two categories in only one called “Browsing history & Bookmarks”. This way, no matter what version of Firefox you have installed, there will be no misunderstanding of what the user is going to clean.

The Places.sqlite-journal of Firefox doesn’t keep any browsing history information. It is a temporary file of Sqlite that is usually created at the start of a transaction; when the transaction ends the file is deleted or the file is kept but with an insignificant size on disk. More information on this subject can be found here: http://www.sqlite.org/tempfiles.html

Thank you for your support.

These bugs related to .5 version still remains :

1. CPC is not able to clear my recent files history of MS Office 2003 (Word, Excel or Powerpoint), though these are detected correctly when I scan the CPC. However, when I clean, CPC reports that these links (.lnk files) are cleaned, but it is still there in the recent file list of respective application. (P.S. Just to check whether this has anything to do with my computer configuratin, I tried to clear it with Revo Uninstaller and it was able to clear the recent list.)

2. As pointed out by LAR Grizzley, removing the old backups while updating to .5 (now .6) is a bit odd. At least CSC should ask whether we want to keep them or not, as being alerted by many programs while uninstalling.

3. I actually wanted to report the ‘history & bookmarks’ mentioned under CPC as a ‘spelling mistake’ bug as separate bookmarks and backup bookmarks are available. However, the post of Ursu made me confusing. This means if I select history and bookmarks, the bookmarks will also be erased. Then how did Ccleaner delete my FF history, while retaining ‘user defined’ bookmarks?

4. I also feel that the remove recent file history in both CPC and CDC is not required (only one is required). Sorry, I don’t know whether it is a bug or not, on review I observed that .lnk files are shown under MS Office category in CPC while these are again shown in CDC either because of bug mentioned at 1 above or because my computer only had these .lnk files, which could not be removed, the list is repeated.

5. Backup of privacy cleaner is still selected ‘by default’ and when CSC updates, user settings are removed. Backup of privacy cleaner is futile unless and until the user deliberately wants to keep it.
    (The above were also mentioned in .5 bug reports)

6. This may also not be a bug. When the installer is run (through automatic updater - not clean install), the repair option has a wording something like ‘Click repair if you want to repair CSC’ or simiilar. I think repetition of two repairs so close is a big odd. It can atleast be considered to add ‘repair / upgrade’, which may be applicable to both who want to repair and the one who want to upgrade also.

XP SP3 32 bit, CIS full, MBAM and SAS on demand

Sorry for long post.

Hi,

In order to use Filter Entries please execute the following steps:

1. Check the option

2. Click Filter entries button

3. Select a partition when filter entries menu appears

4. Click Add

5. Select the partition in the selected items field

6. In the Properties Field add the file types you want to be included in filter entries ( example : *.txt )

7. Click Save

8. Perform the scan

Thank you for your support

Thank you. I just didn’t know the proper procedure. Now that I have my brain cells working, all’s well! :wink:

Fresh install (not an update). All other information is on my signature below.

CSC seems have created the following path and all stated folders under AppData.

C:\Users\kail\AppData\RoamingComodoGroup\CSC\Cache
No, "[i]RoamingComodoGroup[/i]" is not a typo. That is exactly what CSC created under [i]AppData[/i]. That looks a little suspect to me. :)

One minor thing. I feel that issuing or causing a desktop refresh after each application update check is not a good idea. On my system it had the effect of flickering the desktop icons.

Surprise, surprise! CSC still wants to install into Program Files (x86).

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    Windows Vista HP SP2 32Bit

• Security Software Installed;
    Microsoft Security Essentials beta 2

• How you produced the problem;
    Did a registry clean with system restore and reg protection enabled and received a blue screen error on the next boot up at the Windows orb.

• How you tried to resolve the problem;
    Booted Windows from my Dell recovery partition and ran system restore.

• Screen-shots with the error (if any);
    N/A

• Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
    Nothing in %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP

• All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
    Yes Attached

• Any other Additional Information;

Nope

Hi, I´ve just downloaded Comodo System Cleaner from the free download link (Version 2.0.108716.5), I then tried to update after the install to Version 6 (Latest update i suppose ?) but it won´t update…Is V6 the current free download ? When i open the CSC it installs updates but doesnt seem to keep them installed.
Gotta say even after using V5 the sysytem is much much faster ! 18000 files were deleted !! as i´ve never used a cleaner before…Thanks for the great products & support !!.
Security: CIS, Windows Defender & Spybot

i’m running windows 7 32bit and i’m having problems installing csc_setup_2.0.110158.6_xp_vista_server2003_win7.exe… it starts and then tells me to uninstall csc_setup_1.1.64946.38_xp_vista_server2003_x32.exe and retry… i did that, but 2.0 still won’t install and i keep getting the same message

Please tell us what message does CSC display when you try to update CSC. Could you please attach a screenshot as well?

Also, the updates that CSC performs when it is launched refer to changes in the existing records or new supported applications that are added to database. These updates are different from the one performed for the entire CSC.

Hi,

We tried to reproduce the issue you reported, but with no success. Can you please check if there are any files left in the installation folder of CSC? The “System Cleaner” folder (within COMODO directory) shouldn’t even exist anymore after you have uninstalled the application.

there was a file remaining, i deleted it and 2.0 installed no problem

–Bump–

From original post.

–Resolved–

I updated CSC on my backup HD and ran Diagnostics and found that everything was OK. I checked the CSC_dll.dll file in the program directory and found it had a different file size than on my main computer. I re-downloaded CSC_SETUP_2.0.110158.6_xp_vista_server2003_win7.exe from the links on the forum page and noticed a difference in file size from the first time I downloaded it at first release (9,824,456 bytes and 9,977,384 bytes respectively). I reinstalled CSC and now the Diagnostics shows everything Healthy.