COMODO System Cleaner 1.1.64945.37 BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;

XP SP3 32 bit
Nod32 V4
Outpost 2009
Spywareblaster
Spybot
Proxomitron

I just updated to version 1.1.64945.37. I ran the reg cleaner in It’s default settings. Rebooted, and Nod32 gave the information in the pic, stating that these updates were now not installed.

I will restore the registry.

Hello,

This is very interesting. I will have someone contacting you - please give us all info on this. You are the first user to report something like this. Maybe it’s CSC and your help will be very appreciated.

No probs.

I realise It may be nod32, or even some interaction between both apps, but nothing changed since I first powered the machine on and ran the cleaner.

A registry restore via CSC failed. There was no system restore date for the cleaning process. A subsequent system restore back to the days checkpoint then failed also.

I allowed nod to take action to remedy the warning. It opened my browser at windows update. The warning vanished.
Seems something happened that caused these updates to appear missed.

I’m currently doing some checking.

System Windows XP SP3 + all security updates
CIS 3.8

When I install CSC 45.37 without internet connection active, free registration windows
waiting for connection and it is unable to close it.
Only closing via Task Manager is possible.
Anyway, installation is OK.

When I start CSC without internet connection active, system asking to establish connection.
When I deny (because for example, at this moment I don’t want to connect), the same
run time error in Visual C++ like in previous version Update Module appears and CSC closed immediately.

It seems last version of CSC working only when connection to internet is active.
In my opinion, is not proper behaviour.

Best regards
William

In CSC, go to Miscellaneous>Settings and uncheck “Check for updates when application starts”.

The warning returned.

I ran the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 2.1, which showed many updates and service packs missing. They were also absent from the add/remove applet.

I went to the win update site, which offered me some updates, but not the missing ones. Possibly suggesting the updates were present but not labelled via the registry.

I have now restored status quo by performing a repair installation and updating again.

Guys Im new to these forums. Not new to Comodo.
Ok bug report.

If i go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
All the Buttons for unistall has been Removed for all programs that were installed before i ran the scan (exept google updater)

System:
Windows XP Media Center 32Bit

Security Programs:
Comodo Internet Security - Starts with system
BOclean - Starts with system
Memory Firewall - Starts with system
Ad-Aware - Does not start with system
SUPER-antisypare - Does not start with system
Spybot Search and Destroy - Starts with system
Hijackthis - Does not start with system
I had Avast But its unistaled now

How you produced the problem:
Running the Registry Cleaner Or Power clean Not sure

How you tried to resolve the problem

Yes i have tried to resolve the problem by restoring a backup of the registry made when Spybot search and destroy fixed the registry, that did not work.
System Restore is out of the Question as i have had it truned off because a cuple of viruses were being restored to it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

After connection to internet, I checked everything according to your advice.
Option was unchecked, so I do not need to change anything.
Next, I stop connection to internet and try to stard csc once more.
Result was the same i.e. Run-time error.

By the way, separate tools working OK.
Only main application produce problems.

Best regards
William

Hi,

We tried to reproduce the scenario you described, using windows updates and Nod32 V4 on a XP SP3 operating system, but Registry Cleaner scanned and cleaned several times in multiple situations without interfering with Nod32 functionality, and no windows updates problems were reported.

Thank you for your support.

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue. It has been taken into consideration and it will be fixed in the upcoming version.

Please also consider changes in installation procedure.
I have an ADSL internet connection.
This connection is making active via dial-up connection.

When dial-up connection is defined and active, installation is without problems
i.e. free registration window appears on the scteen and after few seconds
everything is finished.

When dial-up connection is defined but not active, installation is must be finished
by killing application via task manger because free registration windows
is asking and waiting for connection interminable. (if for any reason, we don’t want
to establish connection).
However, after killing application, installation is OK.

When dial-up connection is not defined or deleted in Network and Dial-Up Connection
window, thus can’t be active, installation is flawless - free registration window appears
on the screen for a moment and close be a second.
Installation is OK in such situation.

Best regards
William

Hi,

We tried to reproduce that control panel manifestation, installed some of the applications we saw in your Registry Cleaner log but everything worked just fine after cleaning. Judging by the content of the log, you have spyware/malware that corrupted parts of the registry thus causing problems in your programs and operating system.

update process .35 → .37 work, but CSC Freeze at application start

clean install .37: CSC crash immediately at application start

system: Windows XP Pro x64

post updated: here is dump file

Vista Home Premium SP1
CIS 3.8.65951.477 Proactive Defense
Spybot Search & Destroy (tea timer not active)
Spywareblaster

Used internally updater to update from version .36 to version .37…all seemed to go well, however the main CSC interface will not start and produces the following error (see images and appear to relate to DEP), although all the tools operate & start independently through the Tools folder in the Start menu. The log produceed is as follows:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: CSC.exe
Application Version: 1.1.64945.37
Application Timestamp: 49e452ab
Fault Module Name: urlmon.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.0.6001.18226
Fault Module Timestamp: 49acb4a5
Exception Offset: 00001971
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 4206
Additional Information 2: 0bf37278c51d1754ead770d9b515c6df
Additional Information 3: 3d34
Additional Information 4: e6c9e93b110382b7ed37b484c79e3f5f

I uninstalled the programme (using revo uninstaller) and installed a fresh copy of .37, but still have the same problem starting teh main CSC interface, although the individual tools work. Log file this time as follows:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: CSC.exe
Application Version: 1.1.64945.37
Application Timestamp: 49e452ab
Fault Module Name: urlmon.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.0.6001.18226
Fault Module Timestamp: 49acb4a5
Exception Offset: 0001c011
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0e80
Additional Information 2: 149725d7a695bc8c01ff9e8d79cac361
Additional Information 3: 8a56
Additional Information 4: 22d9b64824fc7e52c4580f826b1fe4ac

All seems to relate to DEP and have tried to exclude csc.exe but it will not allow me.

Everyting worked fine within .36 and if I completely uninstall .37 and go back to .36 I have no issue with starting the programme interface (csc.exe). I have not made any changes to DEP since version .36 and previous versions ran without any issue.

Can you please tell me what Spyware/Malware is so i can lock it down or remove it. or Recomend a aplication to give me the registry keys for it?

You may want to see this board, and this guide.

Couldn’t reproduce it myself either.

Thanks for trying. :slight_smile:

Hi,

This is sometimes caused by the same problem that is causing the previously mentioned runtime error in case of missing network connection. Thank you for the detailed explanation of your problem, it’s being taken care of, and will be fixed in the upcoming version of Comodo System Cleaner.

Oh no…

I was using the File CRC to do a checksum for my Centos-5.3-DVD.iso for a friend.
It was running slow but steady, and then suddenly it pop up a file error.
I have tried it twice, same error at about the same process stage.

Guess, what I went ahead and try it with another two that I had been using prior to Comodo System Cleaner.
(1) winMd5SumPortable
(2) HashCal

Both gives the same result as the md5.txt attached to the DVD download. And both are much faster than CRC. Something’s wrong? :-\