COMODO System Cleaner 1.0.60093.19 BUG Reports

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • Any other Additional Information;

I found a bug…

-WIndows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
-CIS 3.5
-I used the Registry Cleaner and File Cleaner, and after I restarted my computer, it hosed my MICROSOFT update record, and microsoft update, reverting it back to WINDOWS UPDATE, as well as restoring all the language packs I hid.
-I reinstalled MICROSOFT update, and to update it again, and to rehid all my Language packs.
-Improve the usage of CSC in Windows Ultimate (especially Language Packs) and Windows/Microsoft Update. Fortunately, It did not delete my updates, or it would be complete disaster!!! It did not occur to me when it was as CRC

Windows XP SP3 32Bit
    CIS 3.5.57173.439 (Firewall, Antivirus, Defense+, Proactive Security)
    Tried to run privacy cleaner with just Internet Explorer checked.
    Tried again, with no luck.
    Attached

[attachment deleted by admin]

Windows XP SP3 32Bit
    Tried to run system information from the Diagnostics tab. Process gets to about 3/4 then crashes.
    Tried again, with no luck.
    Attached

Same bug as found previously.

[quote="JJasper post:2, topic:229004"] - Your Operating System (and whether it's 32bit/64bit); ******XP Home SP2 32 bit. - Security Software Installed; *****CIS.3.5, BOClean 4.27 - How you produced the problem; **clicked on Diagnostics / system information - How you tried to resolve the problem; **closed CSC and retried - same results - Screen-shots with the error (if any); **see below - Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; - Any other Additional Information;

I clicked on Diagnostics / system information and got the microsoft bug - need to close CSC, each time I clicked on it same thing.

John
[/quote]

https://forums.comodo.com/diskregistryprivacy_cleaner_and_total_system_utilities/comodo_system_cleaner_105797016_rc_bug_reports_closed-t31448.0.html;msg225391#msg225391

John

More of a question,

After reinstalling 2 times.
The help button now works. Didn’t on previous version.
Task Manager module doesn’t crash. Did on prior version.

Everything seems to be OK on the surface this time, But
See attached pic. Diagnostics Shows 2 items altered.

What are these 2 Altered modules ? Kinda don’t want to run any cleaning functions not knowing.

Yes I ran repair and rebooted several times as well as the 2 installs.

XP Pro SP3 32bit

HAPPY NEW YEAR Guys (:TNG)

CSC works perfectly fine on my:

• VISTA HOME BASIC
  • 2.13 INTEL CELERON-D Processor
  • ECS Mother Board
  • 512MB + 256MB RAM
  • 250GB WD SATA High Speed HDD
  • CIS
  • SAS
  • MAM

Hehehe… One thing I observed, when I Test Comodo Products on ASUS (Desktop) Motherboards, it will always come up with some Bugs! In short, Comodo Softwares works perfectly on ECS Motherboards BASED on my Long year Experienced.

:■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■
:■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■
:■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ Let’s Drink ECS users… HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Having checked, I have the same as Bad Frogger and repair doesn’t change them either, however I am using 32bit Vista Home Premium with SP1.

I take it back,
The flaky Help button doesn’t work again.

• Your Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
  • Security Software Installed: CIS, CMF, BOClean, SpywareBlaster, Super AntiSpyware, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
  • How you produced the problem: installed the latest version of CSC and ran the registry cleaner and the disk cleaner
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: had to restore system from a disk image
  • Screen-shots with the error: none
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any:NA
  • Any other Additional Information:

The registry cleaner was a lot slower running than in the previous version of CSC. The disk cleaner progress bar almost immediately after starting the scan went almost all the way over to the right. Then it literally took hours to finish running the scan. Finally after finishing the scan and telling CSC to clean the files, the progress bar showed that the files were being cleaned. However after the progress bar finished and I tried to close the program, I got a popup message that the program was still in the process of cleaning the files and I was asked if I really wanted to abort the cleaning. I still got this popup message after waiting about 15 minutes and trying to close the program again. Once I also got a popup that CDC had stopped working and needed to close after I tried to close the program by clicking on the X. Then after I clicked on the X again, the program closed and the popup message also closed.

One of the cleaning programs closed my network interface Smart Wizard and it would not reopen again, even after reboot. When I tried to open Microsoft Outlook, it went through the routine to re-setup the program. It didn’t just open after clicking the shortcut like it normally does. I don’t know if these things were caused by CRC or by CDC, because I ran them one right after the other.

I never had these kind of problems with version 1.0.57950.16 RC1 of CSC. Both CRC and CDC work perfectly in this version. The cleaners run fast and effectively, causing no problems. The things that I am finding with CSC version 1.0.60093.19 I would expect to find in a Beta version, not the second release of the public version of the full program. I have reinstalled version 1.0.57950.16 RC1 of CSC and will continue to use it until the next version of CSC is released. Then I MIGHT give it a try, to see if it is free from these kind of problem bugs that suddenly appeared in CSC version 1.0.60093.19.

Edit:
Trying to use the program updater within CSC, the update downloaded successfully and then I was asked if I wanted to close CSC to install the update. I answered Yes and this popup closed, but the CSC program did not close and a popup appeared stating that the CSC installation program had stopped working. I closed this popup and the installation did not complete. The only way that I could get the program to install was to do a clean install after downloading the executable. Then I encountered the problems described above as posted earlier.

Edit:
It seems that most all problems revolved around using the program updater within the program. After reinstalling the program once again using the program updater, I ran into the same problem with the disk cleaner scan taking forever. I stopped the scan, closed the program, and uninstalled it from the Programs and Features in Control Panel. Then I did a clean install from the executable and ran a scan that took only a matter of a few seconds to complete. Cleaning the files that were found also went smoothly. Then I ran the registry cleaner and it ran smoothly also without any problems. I am now running version 1.0.60093.19 without any of the problems that I previously described. The disk cleaner finds an unbelievable amount of temp files and other unnecessary files that can be cleaned. I am always amazed by the amount of wasted space that is freed up. This is a great product, once I got past all my installation problems. The Help button still doesn’t work.

Vista Ultimate sp1 x64
    CIS .439, cmf,
    Run diagnostic, reports altered files
    Options in privacy cleaner wont stay checked/or unchecked
    Visual Styler has dissapeard from my csc entirely
    Tried a reinstall, didnt work.
    im not entirely certain if these are bugs or intentional

32 Bit XP Pro SP2
120 DPI Resolution
Comodo Firewall & Defense+ 3.5.57173.439
Comodo Registry Cleaner 1.0.60093.19

1. Right-clicking a key in the results list (after scanning) and then clicking “Go to Registry…” or “Add key to ignore list” almost always incorrectly corresponds to the key below it. (e.g. There two erroneous keys that CRC found called “A” and “B”. The user attempts to add “A” to the ignore list, but it incorrectly inputs to “B” to the ignore list. The same when the user wants to find “A” key in the Registry Editor, but it incorrectly opens “B” key). In some rarer cases, double-clicking a key to open Registry Editor has this problem too.

2. If the Registry Editor (regedit)'s window is maximized and then the user double-clicks or right-clicks a key in the CRC results list to “Go to Registry”, it jumps to the particular key in the Registry Editor, but CRC immediately takes over the foreground. This is a strange bug and it forces the user to minimize or drag CRC window out of the way each time, which is more annoying to those who have CRC’s window covering most of the monitor screen.

3. Each registry category (e.g. Applications Paths, Shared Dll’s, etc.) shouldn’t have the right-click context menus of “Go to Registry…” and “Add key to ignore list” because the Registry Editor wasn’t designed to work that way, and yet they’re there for some reason. These context menus should only be there for individual keys themselves.

4. After clicking “No” when prompted to create a System Restore point, it still displays “Status: Creating restore point” with the progress indicator bar below for about 5 seconds. That’s the first problem. Then it takes up to 15 seconds to backup the registry for just one key where it should be instantaneous. (I intentionally created an empty key just to confirm this). That’s the second problem.

5. Even with the “Store logs for registry Clean” option disabled, CRC continously regenerates a “csc.log” file after I delete it and re-scan with CRC. CSC = Comodo System Cleaner, which I have uninstalled and kept only crc.exe solely for the purpose of having just Comodo Registry Cleaner (portable version). Therefore the name “csc” itself shouldn’t exist on my PC, and yet it does.

6. GUI bugs. The first 2 screenshots displays what it looks like when the GUI window is manually down sized. The 3rd screenshot shows an extraneous underline beneath the “Toggle Selection” link, which unusually can only be produced when no other applications’ windows in the background are in a maximized state (e.g. when only the desktop is the current background), and CRC must be maximized as well. Hovering over the link or restoring CRC’s window from maximized clears the underline.

Program leaves registry keys behind after uninstall.

Windows XP SP3 32Bit
    Uninstall Comodo System cleaner
    Used Piriform CCleaner to remove left over keys.
    Attached

Parts of the help file are poorly written. Example:

Optimize the contiguous file allocation size - Selecting this option instructs the Windows to perfect the allocation of
size of temporary files that are created ad-hoc, on execution of running applications.

Who the hell has written the Tune-up section (the rest isn’t that bad), send him to some English courses, and in the meantime, copy the descriptions from some English written tweaking guides, so that the descriptions at least give some sense.

Hi ,

The problem you thought you had with the disk cleaner is because you had checked the Filter Entries . Filter Entries searches tmp files and other files on the entire hard drive . It’s supposed to take long .
The issue with the popup message that the program was still in the process of cleaning the files, is because the clean process ends only when the 'Done ’ button is pressed.
About the registry cleaner , can you please post the registry backup file that was created after the clean?
Thanks for the bugs reports.

Hi

You can fix the mentioned issue by restarting the update service of Windows. For this, you have to go to Start>Run>write “Services” and press enter. In that window, search for Windows Update services at the bottom of the list. Right click on it, and select Restart. And this should solve your problem.
Thank you for your support!

Vista x64 sp1 ultimate
    CIS .439
    Run reg cleaner, disk cleaner & privacy cleaner on all cleaning options causes the windows installer not to work

Hi

I’ve tried to reproduce the problem described by you without success. Please post a screenshot with the error message which appears on your computer when using a setup file which requests windows installer.

Thank you for your support.

Hi, to you all, i’m new to your forum.I love Comodo.keep it up with the great job.

well , my os is xp pro 32 bit,running cis 3.5. My problem is that while using the folder lock function in comodo system cleaner 1.0.60093.19 , the folder which was supposed to be locked can still be accessed . i right-clicked on it and left-clicked on “explore” in windows and it pops up. however the “open” command can no more be used. Is it a bug or am i misunderstanding the aims of this tool?

ive narrowed it down to 3 entries in the screenshot attached! Cleaning any of the 3 causes the windows installer not to function.

Also a screenshot attached of the message that appears when attempting to start the ‘windows installer service’ from services.msc