Comodo Registry Cleaner Bug Reports (Beta 1)

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:
-Your Operating System (And Whether if it’s 32bit/64bit)
-Security Software Installed
-How you produced the problem
-How you TRIED to resolve the problem
-Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any.
-Any other Additional Information\

Thread locked for now in preparation for the beta, coming soon.

Cheers,
Josh

Thread opened as it is launched…
Please follow the rules added above when creating a bug report.

Xan

COMODO registry cleaner changed my desktop icons right away after the install :slight_smile:

They look like this now :

[attachment deleted by admin]

Commodus please add more info…

Be sure to include: -Your Operating System (And Whether if it's 32bit/64bit) -Security Software Installed -How you produced the problem -How you TRIED to resolve the problem -Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any. -Any other Additional Information\\

Xan

Try this tool

http://download1us.softpedia.com/dl/179506a5ad5f729373e3b730cd8e4e28/48adc662/100094927/software/desktop/RebIC.zip

Xan

Hello,

Did this happend afetr you installed CRC or after you run a Clean?
Please give me details about OS.
Any extra information will be apreciated.

Just after the install.

The OS is Windows Vista SP1 Ultimate 32 bit

The only security software I have is Kaspersky Internet Security 2009

It’s not a big problem really, just need to clean the icon cashe (with Tune-up Utilities), but some users might get scared ;D

Edit: rebuilding the icon cashe didn’t help, rebooting and rebuild the cashe didn’t help. The shortcut arrows were put back, but if I remove them (cos I hate them ;D) the icons appear like in the picture again. Guess I’m gonna replace the icons anew :wink:
Replacing the icons doesn’t help either :-\ Strange ;D
Edit 2: I can’t get the icons to normal :-\ It’s no problem for me, I wanted to reinstall my Pc anyway and I can do that in a couple of hours, but Vista users, be carefull with this first beta :wink:

Andrei, go and get laid, Melih said that too :■■■■ (:LGH)

Your advise is very appreciated! (:KWL)

Yeah do that, you guys deserve it :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■

Xan

I scanned the registry and cleaned all errors.

After this cleaning, Outlook 2003 did not send/receive emails anymore. The emails in outbox did not get send, emails on server were not downloaded.

Restoring of the registry back-up did NOT solve the problem.

Going to a system restore point before the installation solved it.

Security Software: CFP 3.0.25.378
Anti Virus: Avira Premium

Harry (:SAD)

Hi Guys,

You need to remember this is a beta. So please don’t install it on your production PC!

Josh

I think this one still might need some work…

Tried it - cleaned and compacted the registery, and now my computer [not production!!!] will not start anymore, in any modes…
It starts the windows boot screen, and then I get this:

STOP: c0000218 (Registery File Failure)
The registery cannot load the hive (file)
\systemroot\System32\config\SOFTWARE
or its log or alternate.
It is corrupt, absent or not writable…

Seems like a fresh Windows install is the only way…
Running an Nlite’ed version of Windows XP, 32 bt, Sp2 on Acer Aspire One, 1.5 GB Ram, 8 GH SSD Harddisk and 8 GB
CFP3 Pro Installet
SDHC card installed

Josh, always good to remind readers about this…sometimes we may just be soo excited to try new programs without considering the beta (or even alpha!) status :slight_smile:

Harry

Yep. But some users just think “Oh well nothing will happen to my PC” then realize their PC is inoperable, they need need to reformat and they blame the vendor, etc"

Just caution. :slight_smile:

Josh

Hmm… I don’t feel personally hit,but… Posting bug reports is not the same as complaining. Be happy that some users take the chance to test out Betas and crash their machines. Without them, you would have a hard time testing the products. My (secondary) computer is now a vegetable, I don’t blame Comodo ( (L) ), but it must be fixed, still…

Yep. Off course!! :slight_smile:

Josh

we are more than happy to help you… we have this online service we can help you with (online support)…(it requires a credit card…but we don’t charge it for 30 days… you can cancel it within 30 days and don’t get charged… but within that 30days you get all the help u need by our support guys (they are very good) who can remotely take over your machine and fix it for you… while you are drinking your coffee and watching them… :slight_smile:

melih

If you can remotely take over a machine that won’t start my hat’s off to the techs. :o

how about starting in safe mode?

No sweat :slight_smile: It is a computer where I run most programs portable…So when things like this happen, I just reinstall Windows at night… No prob at all !!! When I said that “it must be fixed”, I of course meant the bugs in the Registery Cleaner… Just so it becomes the best in its class, like all the other Comodo products!!! :slight_smile:

I delivered the bug report and have nothing to complain about, so thanks for me this time!
Thanks for offering to help!!

(:WAV) (M)