COMODO Registry Cleaner 1.0.0.11 BETA Released! [Closed]

Hello,

We are happy to announce that COMODO Registry Cleaner 1.0.0.11 BETA is available for download and testing.

What is COMODO Registry Cleaner?

COMODO Registry Cleaner is a tool developed to fix errors and optimize the performance of the Windows registry. This tool is very careful with the registry and never deletes a registry entry if this could harm your system. For safety reasons, COMODO Registry Cleaner makes automatic backup before cleaning the registry entries.
COMODO Registry Cleaner removes items from the Windows Registry which are no longer in use or are unwanted on the system. Such items may include information left by software that has otherwise been removed from the computer. It is possible that these persistent items may interfere with performance or have other negative impacts.

Why would you need such a product?

• because analyzes your system registry and fixes all problems found;
  • the compact option shrinks your registry and increases the performance of your system;
  • this tool offers the possibility to add keys and values (Filter Entries) which will be always scanned and cleaned;
  • you can add registry keys to be ignored by the scan engine;
  • you can schedule periodic registry scan and clean to maintain your registry healthy;
  • because the cleaner makes backup for any deleted keys, so that you can easily recover any changes if required.

Known Issues:

• The scan engine finds some invalid entries which are used by the system and cannot be deleted and also the backup option cannot restore them.
  • Improper alignment in 120 DPI settings.

Bug Reports:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_registry_cleaner/comodo_registry_cleaner_bug_reports_beta_1-t26038.0.html to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

BETA NOTICE: This product is intended for special users (BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs that could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit and Windows 2000 SP4

URL: [url=http://doownload.comodo.com/crc/download/setups/CRC_Setup_1.0.0.11_2k_xp_vista_server2003_x32_x64.msi]http://download.comodo.com/crc/download/setups/CRC_Setup_1.0.0.11_2k_xp_vista_server2003_x32_x64.msi[/url]
Size: 9.01 MB (9,451,520 bytes)
MD5: 8a14678eca2f2dde0235388387421158
SHA1: 2f1306338a4847f86a798f1689fa5d7bc4e8f1cc

Great :■■■■. Another great tool created by Comodo developers :).

Xan

:BNC !!!CONGRATULATIONS to the CRC developers!!! First :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ … and after this we get drunk!!! (:LOV)

You guys deserve it!! Go ahead and get Drunk!!

Melih

lol, melih…

Xan

Great work Team !!!

(B)

very very nice & a nice surprise, now if only we could get our hands on the antivirus that would be even nicer.

Sorry Melih & Merhaba

Can I get drunk too? I’m already there, before I logged in. :■■■■

Thank you for the release, I’m looking forward to follow the development of the CRC product. I’ve always been a fan of reg-cleaners, independent of whether they are needed or not. :slight_smile:

Question: What is the philosophy of the CRC reg-compacting function? There are registry hives it won’t compact, I believe? I’ve noticed this since CRC says my compacted registry is ~5.9 MB whilst NTREGOPT says my compacted registry is ~9.2 MB. I think there is some user profile hive or so, that NTREGOPT will compact, but not CRC.

LA

all in good time…

merhaba :slight_smile:

Melih

Are there still plans to release a portable version as well? (S)

Great work :slight_smile:

yes…

Melih

Install it, copy the files from the installation folder to another folder, uninstall it, reboot and then the app still runs from wherever you copied the program files to. :wink:

Ewen :slight_smile:

Excellent job, i can say from first hand that the dev’s have been working ■■■■■■■ this :wink:
Thanks to Melih and the Dev team (R)

When you delete an entry from the registry that space will not be freed and as soon something will be written to the registry that space will be used if needed.
Compacting would be like rebuilding the registry so that there will be no free unused space.

It looks like CRC compact only the Software hive

Great 1st effort for a beta release, 458 entries cleaned up with no hiccups whatsoever
Cheers you guys deserve a cold one on Melih!!! :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■

Regards & keep it going… (:s*) (:s*) (:s*) (:s*) (:s*) :-TU

Xman (:KWL)

On my fresh install of Vista x64, it found over 800 invalid entries. That computer only has updates right now. :expressionless: Bad Microsoft for leaving left overs.

Excellent work Comodo i have been using ccleaner and tweaknow reg pro/powerpack for the last couple years
and run them constantly on the first scan of CRC it has found and removed over 200 items Comodo is the best right now in the market as far as desktop security goes and now into optimization comodo for life cant wait for cavs3

Thanks for that A2ZPC. Did Comodo Registry Cleaner find more issues than other reg clenears you had?

thanks
Melih

CANGRATS TO THE TEAM ON THIS RELEASE! Well Done!!! :BNC

Josh (Australia).