Author Topic: Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.  (Read 232159 times)

Offline DonGaz

Re: Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.
« Reply #630 on: November 07, 2022, 02:03:29 PM »
May i know your CFW version ?

I really hope you see the irony of this question...
For over 18 months now, the entire community is asking and waiting for a new version, or for even just some specific info about a new version. And now you ask what version is being used? There is only one version...

Offline victorlopes

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #631 on: November 08, 2022, 11:49:13 AM »
I really hope you see the irony of this question...
For over 18 months now, the entire community is asking and waiting for a new version, or for even just some specific info about a new version. And now you ask what version is being used? There is only one version...

sorry dude but welcome to the sad team of comodo users... the company just dont care about us, about "making trust online" , etc....

Offline liosant

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • GOD cure me epilepsy and atrophy - Sou brasileiro!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 09:42:21 AM by liosant »
Updates is one mode to do Marketing, promote products and companies, Updates gives confidence to users;
Updates gives security to users...
Businessmen take care of companies, COMODO protects data from businessmen companies

Offline shadha

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #633 on: December 08, 2022, 05:40:13 AM »
I left because of the poor updates and lack of communication from Comodo. I went to Bitdefender and have absolutely no problems and have had no infections to my system. That is extremely important to me as this is my business laptop. It seems that Comodo has forgotten where it came from and the people that supported it from the beginning. The only issues I had was with the subscription and the service over the phone was second to none.

CIS used to be a brilliant product but now it is only very average.
Regards
Sven

"everyday above ground is a good day"

Offline liosant

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
Updates is one mode to do Marketing, promote products and companies, Updates gives confidence to users;
Businessmen take care of companies, COMODO protects data from businessmen companies

Offline ZorKas

• Comodo's Hero
    • ZorKas
« Reply #635 on: December 08, 2022, 10:55:37 AM »
CIS used to be a brilliant product but now it is only very average.

Why criticize Comodo after choosing another product ?
Continue with Bitmachin and forget about Comodo...
Thank you

Windows 10 Pro x64 22H2 Build 19045.2486 - Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 Build 22621.1105 - Linux Emmabuntus x64 ED4 - Comodo CIS Pro v.12.2.2.8012

Offline myers6mm

« Reply #636 on: December 12, 2022, 12:11:19 AM »
Why criticize Comodo after choosing another product ?
Continue with Bitmachin and forget about Comodo...
Thank you

You do realize the title of this thread is "Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why."? That is exactly what he did.

Offline ZorKas

• Comodo's Hero
    • ZorKas
« Reply #637 on: December 12, 2022, 02:46:41 AM »
You do realize the title of this thread is "Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why."? That is exactly what he did.

you forget one thing
- The thread asks for the reasons
- No mention of another brand

I went to Bitdefender

« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 02:48:16 AM by ZorKas »

Windows 10 Pro x64 22H2 Build 19045.2486 - Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 Build 22621.1105 - Linux Emmabuntus x64 ED4 - Comodo CIS Pro v.12.2.2.8012

Offline myers6mm

« Reply #638 on: December 12, 2022, 07:53:31 AM »
you forget one thing
- The thread asks for the reasons
- No mention of another brand

I think you have that backwards, I didn't forget. You for got to mention naming competing products in your post when you called shadha out for criticizing Comodo. If you're bored there are many other people in this thread that named a competing product in their post. Besides it's a good thing for people to note what they switched to. Then Comodo can see what the majority of people are switching to. Then Comodo can look at that product to see what feature may have drawn people to it, then maybe add that feature to Comodo.

Offline safemode

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #639 on: December 12, 2022, 09:15:52 AM »
I think you have that backwards, I didn't forget. You for got to mention naming competing products in your post when you called shadha out for criticizing Comodo. If you're bored there are many other people in this thread that named a competing product in their post. Besides it's a good thing for people to note what they switched to. Then Comodo can see what the majority of people are switching to. Then Comodo can look at that product to see what feature may have drawn people to it, then maybe add that feature to Comodo.

I agree 100%.
Instead of conforming with the current situation of no program updates for 2+ years, people (specially moderators) should try to bring this problem into the notice of Comodo Staff, reach out to Melih, or someone who cares for this project at the company, and ask for a solution for this situation, because there is still a demand for CIS as a product. Program Updates are a basic feature that tells if a product is alive or discontinued. I can definitely see the reasons for people uninstalling CIS and switching to competitors because of no updates.

"Do not look into the problem and try to solve it, instead let's attack the one who complained".

The behavior displayed here is detrimental to Comodo itself as a company and to CIS as a product, not to mention this thread is specific for posting ONLY the reasons one Uninstalled CIS/Or switched to a competitor product, and not for Off topic chat.

PS: In the below quote from Melih:
Thank very much! Please give us as much information as you can. This will help us improve the product.

thank you!

Melih

He asks for people to give as much details as they can, and there is no mention of any rule forbiding the mention of competitor products. So AFAIK there is no such a rule of not mentioning other products.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 09:22:18 AM by safemode »

Offline ZorKas

• Comodo's Hero
    • ZorKas
« Reply #640 on: December 12, 2022, 10:21:04 AM »
I think ....

I agree 100%.

Don't waste your time
If the product does not suit you, look elsewhere...

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #641 on: December 12, 2022, 02:22:07 PM »
Comodo signature updates still current and very good. Comodo still unbreachable by any malware. Yes, there are some bugs but I personally never feel the affect of them. If people wish to move to another product, that's their choice. The scope of this topic is to explain why you uninstalled Comodo. C.O.M.O.D.O RT (devs) may reply and ask you to ellaborate and that's where the discussion continues either here or via PM. We have tried contacting devs for further information on updates but we receive the same "soon" message so the answer to that is ...as soon as it's ready. CIS doesn't work like other AVs and you can get away with just using the Firewall if you prefer as that still has Viruscope and Containment but I'm going OT.

If you want to suggest ideas or ask about updates, there are a few topics already open for that.

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Offline liosant

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #642 on: December 13, 2022, 07:41:45 AM »
comodo internet security is safe, but updates help promote products and companies! :-TU

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #643 on: December 14, 2022, 03:08:19 AM »
Topic Locked.

This topic serves no useful purpose as no updates or any expected soon.

If you are not happy with CIS as it is and want a product with continual updates chose another.

If you wish to discuss other products do so here.

Dennis
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System: Centos 7.9 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP, NoScript
 Fedora 35 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek