Author Topic: Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.  (Read 228655 times)

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
Re: Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.
« Reply #615 on: September 13, 2022, 04:44:39 PM »
Just read this article on new ransomware updates, then realized I'm using Comodo and that even ransomwares are getting more updates than Comodo, which made me laugh.  :P

So yeah, time to move on from Comodo. Uninstalling after I find a replacement. Funny that I found Comodo as a perfect replacement for ZoneAlarm years ago, and knew even this would eventually die out. Should've looked for alternatives sooner.

"Ransomware operators have come up with a new encryption method that makes locking files faster, and less likely to be noticed by antivirus (opens in new tab) and other cybersecurity solutions, researchers have found.

According to experts from SentinelLabs, a rising number of ransomware (opens in new tab) operators (including Black Basta, BlackCat, PLAY, and others) have started adopting a process called “intermittent encryption”, encrypting files partially, instead of completely.
"

Despite lack of updates and bug fixes, Comodo Containment still blocks all ransomware including the recent Magniber https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl4roQH7UxI. Devs recently indicated that a bug fix update is coming "soon" but no indication as to when. A lot of people use CF rather than full CIS but use whichever solution you prefer. I'm just highlighting Comodo's containment/sanbox is still very effective.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 05:45:52 PM by Eric Cryptid »

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Offline ZorKas

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #616 on: September 14, 2022, 04:01:23 AM »
So yeah, time to move on from Comodo. Uninstalling after I find a replacement. Funny that I found Comodo as a perfect replacement for ZoneAlarm years ago, and knew even this would eventually die out. Should've looked for alternatives sooner.

It's remarkable this way of thinking that Comodo CIS is outdated
Comodo CIS monitors the operating system processes, if malware with a signature other than that of a file recognized as clean runs, the latter will be contained automatically
The fact that encryption is done intermittently does not hold up against Comodo CIS
That Comodo CIS 12.2.2.8012 is already old does not affect its ability to defend against ransomwares

Windows 10 Pro x64 22H2 Build 19045.2251 - Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 Build 22621.819 - Linux Emmabuntus x64 ED4 - Comodo CIS Pro v.12.2.2.8012

Offline cuyo01

« Reply #617 on: September 20, 2022, 02:29:16 AM »
Uninstalled CIS because the antivirus is slow, really slow, I know it scan files on access, on run, on creation/copy etc but when opening programs that have many plugins, templates etc it takes forever to run. Examples: Gimp with its multiple plugins, WPS Office with its diferrent templates that downloads when run, OBS, or winrar, try to open it at a directory with many .exe's files. And CIS provokes stutter in some games like r-type final 2, KOFXV; or make loading times longer in other games like guilty gear strive or mortal kombat xl.

Actually im only with Comodo Firewall and the diference is notable when loading programs/games.

Offline PCSECURITEFR

« Reply #618 on: September 23, 2022, 03:16:14 AM »
hi,
I've used comodo since its version 2, today I'm completely uninstalling it and inviting everyone I've advised to do the same. It is with regret but in the end things have changed since then and not necessarily for the better. On a freshly installed windows 10, it's bugs (sometimes the icon does not appear, Edge still incompatible with the sandbox and yet the support seems to discover it... the whitelist which supposedly is for free software then that adguard for windows is paid, I'm talking about the application, not the browser extension, the default rules that allow all incoming connections from my lan only half work, the auto sandbox that sometimes alerts us with a window, sometimes not for I don't know what reason, in short a list that is getting longer and despite the diagnostics etc... 1 year and a half later nothing has changed so I completely uninstall it even if I hope it will improves but I doubt it. With that, thank you for these versions and maybe another time.

Offline User Name

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #619 on: September 27, 2022, 06:08:05 PM »
Despite lack of updates and bug fixes, Comodo Containment still blocks all ransomware including the recent Magniber https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl4roQH7UxI. Devs recently indicated that a bug fix update is coming "soon" but no indication as to when. A lot of people use CF rather than full CIS but use whichever solution you prefer. I'm just highlighting Comodo's containment/sanbox is still very effective.
well I just updated to win 11 22h2,cf sandbox doesnt work anymore at least on my pc system... but yeah thx to remind me of zonealarm which was always rank nr. 2 for me but now that comodo refuse to drop out now almost 2 years any updates/bug fixes I have to switch to zonealarm which i hope have updated their software in the last 2 years... comodo shame on you for abandoned us
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 06:16:48 PM by User Name »

Offline Xstof25

• Comodo Member
« Reply #620 on: September 29, 2022, 07:24:12 AM »
I had to uninstall the PRO version of CIS (even if I still have a few months of subscription left) because in Windows 11 22H2 and I have more and more crashes and freezed PC. I am very disappointed.
I will take a subscription to another internet suite.

Offline liosant

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • GOD cure me epilepsy and atrophy - Sou brasileiro!
« Reply #621 on: September 29, 2022, 11:09:37 AM »
CIS is good in version of windows 11 version 21h2...

Offline User Name

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #622 on: September 29, 2022, 11:35:53 AM »
CIS is good in version of windows 11 version 21h2...
great that CIS works for you in win 11 22h2, but there are also others like me who had no problems in 21H2 but now have some issues.. also I notice sandbox starts after 20-30 mins after activate it...

Edit: my bad I just notice it that you was talking about 21H2
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 05:26:28 PM by User Name »

Offline domo78

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #623 on: September 30, 2022, 05:51:24 AM »
[at] C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hello C.O.M.O.D.O RT,

The majority of CIS users have been very patient so far.
I think Comodo should give them a value for the word "soon" for the new release.
Does "soon" = 1 month or 1 quarter or 1 semester or nada?

Thank you for your answer.

Offline Huntokar

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #624 on: October 11, 2022, 05:17:41 AM »
I have had to uninstall CIS from a windows 11 machine as it started to grind to a halt and become unresponsive. Uninstalled CIS and all back to normal.

Currently have a seperate AV & firewall on there from elsewhere, but would much prefer CIS back on with Win 11 compatability  :THNK

P.S
Has anyone successfully run the removal tool on Win 11 as it failed on mine stating it couldn't find the correct path to CIS and started with C:\Jenkins\ ........ That is not even a valid path on my PC ???? :o
Desktop:- Windows 11 64bit Pro ¦¦ CIS 12.2.2.8012 ( removed for now ) ¦¦ CBU 4.4.1.23 ¦        Laptop:- Windows 11 64bit Home ¦¦ CIS 12.2.2.8012 ( removed for now ) ¦¦ CBU 4.4.1.23 ¦      Tablet:- LINX 12x64:- Windows 10 32bit Home ¦¦ CIS 12.2.2.8012

Offline User Name

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #625 on: October 11, 2022, 05:52:03 AM »
I have had to uninstall CIS from a windows 11 machine as it started to grind to a halt and become unresponsive. Uninstalled CIS and all back to normal.

Currently have a seperate AV & firewall on there from elsewhere, but would much prefer CIS back on with Win 11 compatability  :THNK

P.S
Has anyone successfully run the removal tool on Win 11 as it failed on mine stating it couldn't find the correct path to CIS and started with C:\Jenkins\ ........ That is not even a valid path on my PC ???? :o
well I thought de and reinstall CIS on windows 11 22h2 would solve that 30 min sandbox start delay but nope-on my both PC this issue still exists/remain..

and yeah I used the CIS deinstall tool from the forum here which will lead you to the googledrive(C.O.M.OD.O R.T provided thatlink-btw the version number is wrong)...
I had to use the tool 2-3 times till the files/data was removed/deinstalled; but even than some filees still exist on the system i.e. on "user"appData(subfolders),ProgramData folder,Programs and programs 86 folders, but caution serach for the ise folders and backup them on an external divecsi.e usb sttick, becasue ise wasnt function anymore after newinstall even if it says its on system(but it isnt)... and after you run the clean tool and delete the remaining data/folders by your self reboot and let the cleann tool run a last time -reboot and reinstall cis ... and pls tell me than if you also have a CIS sandbox delay start/run time...

Offline C.O.M.O.D.O RT

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #626 on: October 11, 2022, 06:48:28 AM »
Hi Huntokar & User Name,

Thank you for reporting.
CIS v12.2.2.8012 is not released to be compatible with Win 11, but still for some users it works fine without any issue.
Anyways we have reported this consequence to the team and we will keep you posted.
And kindly refer the below ciscleanuptool if you want to uninstall CIS completely.
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/ciscleanuptool/CisCleanupTool_x86_3.1.0.45.exe
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/ciscleanuptool/CisCleanupTool_x64_3.1.0.45.exe
Kindly let us know your feedback on working of this ciscleanuptool, hope this version will remove all the CIS related folders.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Offline User Name

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #627 on: October 11, 2022, 08:14:37 AM »
Hi C.O.M.O.D.O RT.
I realy hope the "soon" coming bugfixed update of CIS will support Win11? if not this would be devastating for ppl like me and would have the outcome of "forget about it"
aka its now not halfdead any more nope its fulldead zombie mode and ancient.
if you need any data/files to resolve that sandboxdelay start I would be happy to use your CMDboxtools(if you could provied it)
best regards

Offline TronixA8372

• Comodo Member
« Reply #628 on: November 04, 2022, 08:44:32 AM »
I'm still using Comodo FW as I prefer to use other AV products. The biggest issue I have with Comodo FW is that sometimes it starts to misbehave and causes my PC to stop responding normally. I usually reboot but I have had times when Windows hangs on reboot and I had to hard-power the PC down causing corruption of Windows (Windows 10) and previous files that had been open on my SSD drive prior to shutdown. It doesn't do this all the time but when it does, it is pretty annoying.

The first sign of this is when HIPS won't prompt when I run an installer and the installer will just fail. At that point, right-clicking on the CIS icon on the tool tray and selecting exit does nothing. I don't trust any other software firewall out there on the market so I will stay with Comodo but I do hope that these stability bugs can be fixed.

Offline C.O.M.O.D.O RT

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #629 on: November 07, 2022, 03:44:27 AM »
I'm still using Comodo FW as I prefer to use other AV products. The biggest issue I have with Comodo FW is that sometimes it starts to misbehave and causes my PC to stop responding normally. I usually reboot but I have had times when Windows hangs on reboot and I had to hard-power the PC down causing corruption of Windows (Windows 10) and previous files that had been open on my SSD drive prior to shutdown. It doesn't do this all the time but when it does, it is pretty annoying.

The first sign of this is when HIPS won't prompt when I run an installer and the installer will just fail. At that point, right-clicking on the CIS icon on the tool tray and selecting exit does nothing. I don't trust any other software firewall out there on the market so I will stay with Comodo but I do hope that these stability bugs can be fixed.
Hi TronixA8372,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
May i know your CFW version ?
1. Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?
2. If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened.
3. Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version.
4. Is there anyother security product installed on your machine?
5. Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc.
6. If possible, any related screenshots.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek