Author Topic: Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.  (Read 222539 times)

Offline MikeDiack

• Comodo Loves me
Re: Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.
« Reply #600 on: March 02, 2022, 04:49:51 PM »
You've been promising an update from the development team since Autumn 2021. Yet no comment about what's being worked on, let alone any estimate of beta dates etc. I've given up. Like I say, Avast manage near weekly builds. Comodo does a fair job but feels increasingly abandoned. To not give any clarity about what's going on is going to make people think the worst has come.

Offline PCSECURITEFR

« Reply #601 on: March 05, 2022, 02:56:35 AM »
Hello,
more than a year without updating .. I followed comodo since comodo firewall 2 but it is no longer possible! how to be the most effective firewall in years? how has the product improved!? On the latest version, it's bug after bug, including the Sandbox reset bsod bug which dates from 2021, the firewall logs which are no longer displayed, healthy applications still not whitlisted .... impossible to have security stable on my w10, no choice to find something else despite it being by far the best but the updates are not coming, sorry but security is paramount, maybe I'll come back if comodo decides to fix all the bugs , but it's been piling up for 1 year, I believe in it moderately and it's a shame

Offline jackor

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #602 on: March 08, 2022, 05:06:32 AM »
Like I say, Avast manage near weekly builds

Avast has a bug bounty program, which of course incentivate bug hunters to constantly find new bugs in the software. Consequently avast releases a fair number of fixes.
Said that, Comodo is another software and another company with different goals and ideas.
However, I agree with you that one year without even a Win11 compatibility patch, is something bad.
Analyst Programmer
0days & malware hunter since 2006

Offline victorlopes

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #603 on: March 08, 2022, 09:01:05 AM »
I unninstalled cis from all my machines and my customers because cis is not compatible with Widows 11, has no updates for more than 1 year, no devs or even ceo talks about anything related to CIS on this forum and the software seems to be abandoned.

These are the reasons I unninstalled it.

Offline Patrick2903

« Reply #604 on: June 26, 2022, 03:21:20 PM »
i uninstalled it. i use windows defender now. great 6 years. thx guys. but almost 2 years and nothing new in security cant be good... see ya around. maybe i come back when things change

Offline Patrick2903

« Reply #605 on: June 27, 2022, 02:40:32 AM »
So, can the team update us now regarding CIS Premium releases? any ETA or anything? It is already more than 2 months since Ming.zhou promised an upcoming update and mentioned something about CIS team expansion. We are still waiting.
every security brand, even microsoft defender gives us regular updates. im no pro, but i dont believe its all good after almost 2 years with no updates... thats why i uninstalled it.

Offline Patrick2903

« Reply #606 on: June 28, 2022, 06:46:11 AM »
to be clear. im thankful for all the years comodo saved me from malware and viruses. but i cant accept to wait for such a long time to get updates. ok, the virus definitions gets updated often, but i dont think i cant use software that is outdated. hackerst dont sleep and maybe they found ways to bypass the firewall in example. no product in this time can last that long without any update.

as i said before. i thank everybody in comodo team for the great 6-7 years i used it on many machines. but now i switched to windows defender. even the av labors dont test comodo anymore. that was my reason to change.

maybe i switch back when we get something new. maybe we see us around guys.

Offline Angel

« Reply #607 on: July 04, 2022, 09:20:37 PM »
I uninstalled CIS Pro 2022 and installed CIS Premium 2021. I didn't know that the Pro was a trial, the official pages and links are "free internet security".

CIS is my favorite security suite.

Unfortunately, the CIS premium 12.2.2.8012 is presenting the famous and old high CPU consumption, sporadically, and I always have to kill the process. I didn't see this problem in the CIS pro. Perhaps I have that remove the CIS Premium due to this bug

Offline prodex

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #608 on: July 05, 2022, 11:25:38 PM »
to be clear. im thankful for all the years comodo saved me from malware and viruses. ... i dont think i cant use software that is outdated. hackerst dont sleep and maybe they found ways to bypass the firewall in example.

That's my  thought, too, for a while now. Not a long time ago, comodo protected me from an external computer access and stopped the connection with a corresponding warning.
However, I am still Cruelsister's opinion on the protection by comodo.

I'll wait for a while and for opinions from other users here.

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #609 on: July 06, 2022, 03:05:26 AM »
That's my  thought, too, for a while now. Not a long time ago, comodo protected me from an external computer access and stopped the connection with a corresponding warning.

For some reason, probably ease of use alerting you for a new network connection is Ignored by default. You can change that in the settings. Scanning network drives caused some slowdown but you can change that as well in the AV settings.

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Offline Patrick2903

« Reply #610 on: July 06, 2022, 06:34:15 AM »

Windows Defender should do that too. All incoming connections with no rule are blocked by default. atleast you should get a warning message

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #611 on: July 06, 2022, 12:14:00 PM »
I understand your meaning now. By default CF ports are Stealthed and all incoming connectons are silently blocked. You can change the Block Rule to Log when triggered though you'll get lots of logged blocks. The default for the Proactive Configuration is "Alert Incoming" which you can select via a pop-up as to which connection you want to allow. The safer otption is to Bloack Incoming but you can do either. Firewall Tasks >> Stealth Ports

CIS/CF is very flexible and it was some years ago when the simplified protection but the settings are still there. Perhaps we'll see you back here when there's a new Premium version.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 02:14:56 AM by Eric Cryptid »

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Offline prodex

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #612 on: July 07, 2022, 02:25:05 AM »
What I wanted to say is that comodo protects me (still).
But that it is not (yet) compatible with Windows 11, means for users that cis won't be developed. I still work with Windows 10, my PC is not "suitable" for 11.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek