Author Topic: Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.  (Read 212059 times)

Offline khanyash

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.
« Reply #585 on: January 12, 2021, 02:27:58 PM »
I uninstalled cause I have given up on the promised Ask option for AutoContainment.

Offline komodoalien

« Reply #586 on: January 24, 2021, 02:54:16 AM »
Big fan of comodo firewall, I've been using it for years. I had to uninstall it today :( as i've tried everything to get it to work with WSL2 (Windows Subsystem Linux) but nothing works short of uninstalling Comodo firewall.

I hope one day it will be fixed, in the mean time it's Windows firewall lol, or maybe if I can find out which version of Comodo is still compatible with WSL2..

Cheers

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #587 on: January 24, 2021, 06:16:35 AM »
... or maybe if I can find out which version of Comodo is still compatible with WSL2..

Many users here on this forum have reported that version V12.0.0.6882 works well with WSL2, later newer versions have some troubles with it.

Offline komodoalien

« Reply #588 on: January 24, 2021, 12:05:00 PM »
Thanks [at]CISfan

I tried with that, but the offline installer link for it always installs the latest version of Comodo, I'm not sure where to go to to download older versions of Comodo.

Thanks!

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #589 on: January 24, 2021, 12:42:40 PM »
Thanks [at]CISfan

I tried with that, but the offline installer link for it always installs the latest version of Comodo, I'm not sure where to go to to download older versions of Comodo.

Thanks!

This thread is not supposed to provide help but in this case I make an exception.

In the link below you will find plenty download links for the V12.0.0.6882 offline installer.
Please post in that thread if you need more help.

Here is your link : https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/ethernet-adapter-vethernet-wsl-cant-create-with-installed-comodo-t125940.0.html;msg904985#msg904985

Offline xetaxheb

« Reply #590 on: February 21, 2021, 11:47:54 AM »
Installed a version recently because I was sick of the asian countries portscanning me while dmz'd but had to uninstall because despite being very familiar with older versions of comodo and being a power user, and disabling literally everything except the bare firewall (and then that too), my phone could not connect via lightning cable (for file transfer, photo download, or even itunes) even when device control was completely disabled... but shows up perfectly fine after uninstalling ????

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek