Author Topic: Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.  (Read 231993 times)

Offline khanyash

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.
« Reply #585 on: January 12, 2021, 02:27:58 PM »
I uninstalled cause I have given up on the promised Ask option for AutoContainment.

Offline komodoalien

« Reply #586 on: January 24, 2021, 02:54:16 AM »
Big fan of comodo firewall, I've been using it for years. I had to uninstall it today :( as i've tried everything to get it to work with WSL2 (Windows Subsystem Linux) but nothing works short of uninstalling Comodo firewall.

I hope one day it will be fixed, in the mean time it's Windows firewall lol, or maybe if I can find out which version of Comodo is still compatible with WSL2..

Cheers

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #587 on: January 24, 2021, 06:16:35 AM »
... or maybe if I can find out which version of Comodo is still compatible with WSL2..

Many users here on this forum have reported that version V12.0.0.6882 works well with WSL2, later newer versions have some troubles with it.

Offline komodoalien

« Reply #588 on: January 24, 2021, 12:05:00 PM »
Thanks [at]CISfan

I tried with that, but the offline installer link for it always installs the latest version of Comodo, I'm not sure where to go to to download older versions of Comodo.

Thanks!

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #589 on: January 24, 2021, 12:42:40 PM »
Thanks [at]CISfan

I tried with that, but the offline installer link for it always installs the latest version of Comodo, I'm not sure where to go to to download older versions of Comodo.

Thanks!

This thread is not supposed to provide help but in this case I make an exception.

In the link below you will find plenty download links for the V12.0.0.6882 offline installer.
Please post in that thread if you need more help.

Here is your link : https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/ethernet-adapter-vethernet-wsl-cant-create-with-installed-comodo-t125940.0.html;msg904985#msg904985

Offline xetaxheb

« Reply #590 on: February 21, 2021, 11:47:54 AM »
Installed a version recently because I was sick of the asian countries portscanning me while dmz'd but had to uninstall because despite being very familiar with older versions of comodo and being a power user, and disabling literally everything except the bare firewall (and then that too), my phone could not connect via lightning cable (for file transfer, photo download, or even itunes) even when device control was completely disabled... but shows up perfectly fine after uninstalling ????

Offline Bucic

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #591 on: December 19, 2021, 05:06:49 AM »
I've given up on CIS because it seems like an abandonware. *Espacially* with regard to the *everyday popular programs* *constantly* hanging there in the "Blocked applications" and under "Unrecognized files". It's royally annoying with TOP hardware vendors' resident apps like Geforce experience, Logitech HUB etc. because it often even interferes with driver update process. *The* most critical usability issues have been there literally for years.

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
  • Long Live COMODO!
    • Comodo Group
« Reply #592 on: December 19, 2021, 04:13:02 PM »
I've given up on CIS because it seems like an abandonware.

Refused for the same reason and switched to MX Linux Xfce. Used CIS for 11 years!

HP Compaq 6200 Pro Microtower
Canon I-SENSYS MF4140
Windows 11 Pro x64 Build 25276.1000
CIS Premium v.12.2.4.8032
MX Linux 21.2.1 Xfce x64

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #593 on: December 19, 2021, 06:31:55 PM »
Refused for the same reason and switched to MX Linux Xfce. Used CIS for 11 years!
Is free CIS dead (you can PM me if you like)?

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
  • Long Live COMODO!
    • Comodo Group
« Reply #594 on: December 20, 2021, 02:10:53 AM »
Is free CIS dead (you can PM me if you like)?
Hope not dead. Maybe by the New Year or in the New Year, a radically new version will be released.

HP Compaq 6200 Pro Microtower
Canon I-SENSYS MF4140
Windows 11 Pro x64 Build 25276.1000
CIS Premium v.12.2.4.8032
MX Linux 21.2.1 Xfce x64

Offline C.O.M.O.D.O RT

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #595 on: December 20, 2021, 05:55:13 AM »
I've given up on CIS because it seems like an abandonware. *Espacially* with regard to the *everyday popular programs* *constantly* hanging there in the "Blocked applications" and under "Unrecognized files". It's royally annoying with TOP hardware vendors' resident apps like Geforce experience, Logitech HUB etc. because it often even interferes with driver update process. *The* most critical usability issues have been there literally for years.
Hi Bucic,

Sorry for the inconvenience, CIS didn't abandonware.
from the above post we understood that some drivers are blocked by CIS isn't it ? if not may i know what you did and what happened ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #596 on: December 20, 2021, 07:25:58 AM »
Some applications keep returning on the "BLOCKED APPLICATIONS" list after they have been removed from the list because some applications try to acccess memory of cmdagent.exe or other CIS components and get blocked by HIPS and then put again on the "BLOCKED APPLICATIONS" list, that's annoying.

Offline MikeDiack

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #597 on: February 13, 2022, 10:18:11 AM »
I'm on the verge of giving up on CIS sadly after years of use, it appears to have been abandoned, and noone is talking openly or clearly about it's current state or future from Comodo. Avast manage near weekly beta's of their AV, but Comodo did one build last year, and all questions about plans for it or release dates are either ignored or answered in the vaguest possible way. Sadly I have little confidence any more - as other products are improving their sandboxing and catching up fast.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 04:47:12 PM by MikeDiack »

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #598 on: February 13, 2022, 12:28:06 PM »
I'm on the verge of giving up on CIS sadly after years of use, it appears to have been embarassed, and noone is talking openly or clearly about it's current state or future from Comodo. Avast manage near weekly beta's of their AV, but Comodo did one build last year, and all questions about plans for it or release dates are either ignored or answered in the vaguest possible way. Sadly I have little confidence any more - as other products are improving their sandboxing and catching up fast.

It hasn't been abandoned. We had a post from the dev just last week though no roadmap or timeline as of yet. 

Hello, members of the comodo family, I am the developer of cis. Please rest assured that we will not abandon CIS. Now the development progress has been delayed due to various reasons. I hope everyone understands and thank you for your support to comodo and CIS. :)

Despite lack of updates, this product's containment still blocks all ransomeware and even new ones https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-containment-and-hips-against-recent-ransomware-t127097.0.html

Hopefully, we'll get some more communication soon about plans but C.O.M.O.D.O RT has been sorting issues people are having. There is a lengthy list of bugs but I've not experienced many of those and CIS runs in the background protecting me all the time.

Anyway, your choice to move on if you decide to.

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Offline C.O.M.O.D.O RT

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #599 on: February 14, 2022, 06:45:47 AM »
I'm on the verge of giving up on CIS sadly after years of use, it appears to have been embarassed, and noone is talking openly or clearly about it's current state or future from Comodo. Avast manage near weekly beta's of their AV, but Comodo did one build last year, and all questions about plans for it or release dates are either ignored or answered in the vaguest possible way. Sadly I have little confidence any more - as other products are improving their sandboxing and catching up fast.
Hi MikeDiack,

As Eric Cryptid said CIS is not going to abandoned, and the team is working on all the reported bug.
We can understand your expectation about CIS development.
We will keep your posted as soon as we get update from the team regarding the new release.
Keep supporting us.
and thanks [at]Eric Cryptid for supporting us.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek