Author Topic: Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.  (Read 172760 times)

Offline HeffeD

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2011, 03:16:48 PM »
I've uninstall Comodo FW again sorry since I have been using their software for nearly 4 years, because the latest v5.4 doesn't play very well with my XP Pro SP3 OS

I am also running XP Pro SP3 and CIS runs very well with it. What are the problems you are having?

Offline SpeedyPC

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2011, 06:46:16 PM »
I am also running XP Pro SP3 and CIS runs very well with it. What are the problems you are having?

HeffeD very long story for me to explain about my problems, so I prefer not to try again and to explain as it already been posted see link below
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/i-have-finally-surrender-the-comodo-free-firewall-t69227.0.html;msg491509#msg491509

So I've bought a lifetime licence from Outpost.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 06:49:20 PM by SpeedyPC »
ASUS G75VX-T4153H - AIS v2016.11.1.2245 - W8 64bit - Firefox (AOS/NS/LP/VT) - Thunderbird - MBAM Premium + MBAE Free - Adguard Premium - Secunia PSI - CryptoPrevent - CCleaner - MCShield - WinPatrol PLUS - Unchecky - Macrium Reflect Home Edition

Offline HeffeD

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2011, 10:11:42 PM »
I'm sorry you've had troubles, but it is not due to any compatibility issues between CIS and XP Pro SP3.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2011, 12:23:03 AM »
I'm sorry you've had troubles, but it is not due to any compatibility issues between CIS and XP Pro SP3.

I know and I hate to start again for the third time it's to risky it was working perfectly for a while when v5.4 came out, and then suddenly 'poof' starting to get heavy and going crazy :( I don't believe v5.4 wasn't design very well for XP platform it mainly working very stable for Vista and Win7 and XP it's getting very old.
ASUS G75VX-T4153H - AIS v2016.11.1.2245 - W8 64bit - Firefox (AOS/NS/LP/VT) - Thunderbird - MBAM Premium + MBAE Free - Adguard Premium - Secunia PSI - CryptoPrevent - CCleaner - MCShield - WinPatrol PLUS - Unchecky - Macrium Reflect Home Edition

Offline Solarlynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2011, 12:52:38 AM »
I can't expect that my experience is solution to CIS problems, but when I had installed windows XP updates, including NT framework (I hope i named this thing correctly - one program demanded this thing, sorry I don't remember this NT framework version) then CIS started to work well.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2011, 08:21:49 AM »
I can't expect that my experience is solution to CIS problems, but when I had installed windows XP updates, including NT framework (I hope i named this thing correctly - one program demanded this thing, sorry I don't remember this NT framework version) then CIS started to work well.
That would be a coincidence because CIS does not rely on DOT NET Framework unless  the application needing DOT NET was making cmdagent go haywire.

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2011, 08:35:24 AM »
That would be a coincidence because CIS does not rely on DOT NET Framework unless  the application needing DOT NET was making cmdagent go haywire.
I could easily imagine something this simple is the cause of quite a few that have similar issues. I am sure there has to be a common factor with the problem installs. Might not be this particular item, but there does have to be something. I feel sorry for the people that have had issues, because in most cases it runs very well. If only we could find that common. Kind regards.

Offline Solarlynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2011, 10:00:51 AM »
If no connection with .NetFramework then there must be definite connection with some XP updates. Because before XP updates CIS behaved rather weird - for example when I did scanning it got stuck at some ip address - it showed an ip instead of being scanned file. And I cannot stop such a scanning - I had to restart the comp. After I had updated XP this weird behavior stopped.

Offline knk2006

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2011, 11:16:05 AM »
I know and I hate to start again for the third time it's to risky it was working perfectly for a while when v5.4 came out, and then suddenly 'poof' starting to get heavy and going crazy :( I don't believe v5.4 wasn't design very well for XP platform it mainly working very stable for Vista and Win7 and XP it's getting very old.

yep I can confirm that the firewall on 7 is much lighter than the firewall on XP !! mainly because of the system itself and how it handles any security software in general.

Offline lordraiden

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2011, 06:51:20 PM »
I have uninstall it recently because:

1) Wishlist exist just for fun: https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis-b131.0/
There are dozens of excellent ideas that can be implemented and we have never been heard.

2) The HIPS still have some holes, it fails btw other things in some screen capture techniques using the spyshelter test tool.

3) I get bored of waiting for the local behaviour blocker, it's needed with an HIPS? I don't know.

4) I get bored after years of the same interface

5) The sandbox is not a real one like sandboxie able to run anything inside without any problem or incompatibility and offering a 99.999% of safety and much more customizable. You can not run almost anything in the sandbox without incompatibilities and also it will left behind files in many places of the computer that the sandbox is not able to delete.
CIS would be perfect with a sandbox as good as sandboxie.

6) Because I would like to have something like this: http://www.kerodownload.com/FCKeditor_filemanager/Image/13-03-2008/oa_kerodownload_com.jpg

7) Because after many years CAV still has not been tested by AV Comparatives.

8 ) Because It lack of some browser protection capabilities like Prevx safe online or trusteer rapport.

9) Because now I can not differentiate btw applications trusted by Comodo and trusted by me since the devs decided to put everything together. There should be a way to differentiate both, 2 different tabs.

10) Because the development seems to be stopped lately and no new features about future versions has been commented.

11) Because of the behavior showed when the MRG banking test issue, you could have recognized that Comodo can be even better and add protection for the ssl connection ( http://www.zemana.com/SSLLogger.aspx ) Comodo has to be the best, not protect somehow or with a general popup against a exploit used by the most dangerous baking malware.

12) Because if I make a file trusted this should be automatically reported to Comodo and in a few days should be revised and added to the official whitelist, you need to rethink and automatize parts of this process, how comodo handle the unknown files. I should be able to report trusted files, my whole list and in a few days should be resolved in the main online whitelist, Threatcast could help.

13) And again please take a look to the wishlist, it has been there for years and it is the reason why many people have uninstalled CIS, because they didn't found a feature and this is why they requested it.

Well maybe this is enough, anyway I will maybe come back to install it as soon as I see a beta.

Please take all this as a feedback, not a critic from a Comodo user since 2007, that has used and test all the similar software of the competence, and still believes in Comodo

And I would like to point out this 2 posts:

1. Cleaning
Comodo Internet Security did very well in blocking malware from getting into the system but Comodo Internet Security did pretty badly in cleaning a system that is infected with malware. Most of the time Comodo Internet Security able to detect the malware but not able to clean it. It will be great if someday Comodo development team can integrate Comodo Cleaning Essentials cleaning technology into Comodo Internet Security. I know that protection and cleaning are two very different concept and should be divided into two different product but if it can be combined into a single product, Comodo Internet Security will be the most powerful internet security suites in the world in terms of protection and cleaning.

2. Whitelisting
The Comodo whitelisting process is way to slow. I submitted some applications months ago yet until today the verdict of the applications is the unknown. It would be great if Comodo development team could somehow develop some sort of a real time whitelisting technology to speed up the whitelisting process. This will make Comodo Internet Security much easier to use for novice users.

3. Re-introducing Threatcast
In the past Comodo Internet Security has Threatcast technology which I think is pretty useful. Comodo development team should reintoduce Comodo Threatcast in Comodo Internet Security to further improve its usability. Threatcast ensures that users are being guided based on community decisions and actions so that they can make appropriate decisions (such as Sandbox, Allow, Block) on each and every single pop-up.

4. Graphical User Interface
Comodo Internet Security is not easy to use. For those that never use Comodo Internet Security before, they will face a lot of difficulties when trying to configure Comodo Internet Security due to the fact that Comodo Internet Security settings is way too hidden and not appealing to the users. I know that above average users or advanced users should not be having any problem using the current version of Comodo Internet Security but  Comodo development team should think of ways to make the user interface easier to use for novice users. In my personal opinion, Comodo Antivirus 2.0 beta which was released a long time ago has a very good graphical user interface. Comodo development team can refer to that concept.

+1

and this:
+1000
http://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/cis-charrette-application-system-activity-control-t62540.0.html
http://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/cis-charrette-firewall-alert-t62046.0.html

these are 2 wishes that comodo really needs. it will make people very happy and it implements many wishes into one
and also this
http://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/a-timer-or-warning-please-t35701.0.html

comodo should really look at the wishes that have been around for a long time before implementing more features. see what the users are asking for
+1

« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 07:25:24 PM by lordraiden »

Offline ancient46

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2011, 07:06:42 PM »
Reason: "Application could not start because of an error connecting to its database" error. Reinstalling the program did not fix the error. GeekBuddy was unable to help other to suggest a Windows reinstall. Manually removing all keys referring to Comodo in the registry did.

Offline amksh

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2011, 02:00:19 PM »
I remain use CIS but...

Right now about 90% of the CPU busy cmdagent.exe process and I have no way to know what he was doing, as well as to stop it if it is unnecessary

Cmdagent.exe occupies about a quarter of available memory on my PC. Mostly it is virtual memory, but it's still slow down.

It seems AV scans all files, even those that are marked as exceptions.

AV seems to use is not correct way to test the changed files. It allowing application to quickly close file and after that blocking access to file at the time of inspection. Usually it works, ensuring no delays, but sometimes causes failures in programs. For example, in cases when application closes recording file and after some time trying to open it again. Of course, may be there interfere any other application, the only way to check it out - remove CIS.

Offline clocks

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 08:26:55 AM »

Haven't they changed the GUI twice in the pas 2 years or so?  How often to you need a new one?

Offline lordraiden

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »
Haven't they changed the GUI twice in the pas 2 years or so?  How often to you need a new one?

Basically it's the same that they had with Comodo Firewall 3 (2006-2007) but with a change in the skin
http://cybernetnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/comodo-firewall-3-summary.jpg

Offline Solarlynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2011, 12:05:45 PM »

5) The sandbox is not a real one like sandboxie able to run anything inside without any problem or incompatibility and offering a 99.999% of safety and much more customizable. You can not run almost anything in the sandbox without incompatibilities and also it will left behind files in many places of the computer that the sandbox is not able to delete.
CIS would be perfect with a sandbox as good as sandboxie.

6) Because I would like to have something like this: http://www.kerodownload.com/FCKeditor_filemanager/Image/13-03-2008/oa_kerodownload_com.jpg

7) Because after many years CAV still has not been tested by AV Comparatives.

10) Because the development seems to be stopped lately and no new features about future versions has been commented.

12) Because if I make a file trusted this should be automatically reported to Comodo and in a few days should be revised and added to the official whitelist, you need to rethink and automatize parts of this process, how comodo handle the unknown files. I should be able to report trusted files, my whole list and in a few days should be resolved in the main online whitelist, Threatcast could help.

+1

:(

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek