Author Topic: Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.  (Read 173036 times)

Offline Camille Case

• Comodo Loves me
Re: Why did you uninstall CIS? Please help us improve by telling us why.
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 01:57:09 AM »
Hi,

- the antivirus was slowing down my (old) computer more and more (probably because of the huge - and still increasing - size of the database)
- I didn't like some new features (trusted software vendors, automatically trusted files,...) made for "usability" but against security

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 03:08:53 AM »
Hi,

- the antivirus was slowing down my (old) computer more and more (probably because of the huge - and still increasing - size of the database)
- I didn't like some new features (trusted software vendors, automatically trusted files,...) made for "usability" but against security

i personally havent had any problems with the TVL or trusted files i actually like them but some people dont. like everything else in CIS there should be an easy way to disable them so everyone is happy

CIS is known to be customizable and these features shouldnt be an exception. comodo should make them optional
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline gotopcdoctor

• Comodo Member
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 03:50:30 AM »
1. Cleaning
Comodo Internet Security did very well in blocking malware from getting into the system but Comodo Internet Security did pretty badly in cleaning a system that is infected with malware. Most of the time Comodo Internet Security able to detect the malware but not able to clean it. It will be great if someday Comodo development team can integrate Comodo Cleaning Essentials cleaning technology into Comodo Internet Security. I know that protection and cleaning are two very different concept and should be divided into two different product but if it can be combined into a single product, Comodo Internet Security will be the most powerful internet security suites in the world in terms of protection and cleaning.

2. Whitelisting
The Comodo whitelisting process is way to slow. I submitted some applications months ago yet until today the verdict of the applications is the unknown. It would be great if Comodo development team could somehow develop some sort of a real time whitelisting technology to speed up the whitelisting process. This will make Comodo Internet Security much easier to use for novice users.

3. Re-introducing Threatcast
In the past Comodo Internet Security has Threatcast technology which I think is pretty useful. Comodo development team should reintoduce Comodo Threatcast in Comodo Internet Security to further improve its usability. Threatcast ensures that users are being guided based on community decisions and actions so that they can make appropriate decisions (such as Sandbox, Allow, Block) on each and every single pop-up.

4. Graphical User Interface
Comodo Internet Security is not easy to use. For those that never use Comodo Internet Security before, they will face a lot of difficulties when trying to configure Comodo Internet Security due to the fact that Comodo Internet Security settings is way too hidden and not appealing to the users. I know that above average users or advanced users should not be having any problem using the current version of Comodo Internet Security but  Comodo development team should think of ways to make the user interface easier to use for novice users. In my personal opinion, Comodo Antivirus 2.0 beta which was released a long time ago has a very good graphical user interface. Comodo development team can refer to that concept.

Offline CanisLC

• Comodo Member
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 03:57:00 AM »
I'm not  using Comodo right now, due to some bugs and vulnerabilities which aren't going to be fixed ?
Comodo usualy releses new version, without very great wishes from users and bug fixes, but with a lot of new features. Really, we'd love to see more our wishes implement which are usually fine and correct.

It happens :). Whitelist will never have all safe apps on it.

+100
COMODO Internet Security 5.8 / COMODO Cleaning Essentials 1.7

Offline Solarlynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 04:38:48 AM »
I removed it from one my comp because:
1. AV is improving  :-TU but still has too large number of FP, too huge base and av-base updates are too large.
2. I don't use D+  because one user wrote that D+ ain't being developed since the 3.14 version and even earlier (and as there was no any denial we can consider it to be true). And I want to have really being developed product.
3. I don't use CF because one user wrote CF had been developed before that 3.14 version (and as there was no any denial we can consider it to be true either). Sure I want to have developing firewall either.
(the pi constant - it's funny ain't it?)
4. I tried to use Comodo's Sandbox (in the CIS) like the Sandboxie but the comp goes sticky. So I sandbox browsers by Sandboxie or they are protected by Defensewall on my different comps.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 04:13:11 AM by Solarlynx »

Offline HeffeD

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 04:26:55 PM »
2. I don't use D+  because one user wrote that CF ain't being developed since the 3.14 version and even earlier (and as there was no any denial we can consider it to be true). And I want to have really being developed product.

Not quite sure why the firewall has any impact on whether or not you choose to run D+, but it's your prerogative on what you wish to run on your system. 

I'm also not sure why you think the firewall isn't being developed anymore. There have indeed been bug fixes since 3.14... In fact, there were several in just the latest update.

FIXED! Firewall sometimes blocks safe applications such as MSN messenger, Skype
FIXED! Firewall does not detect MAC Spoofing although "Protect the ARP Cache" option is selected
FIXED! Firewall causes high DPC latency under certain conditions

Also note that if the bugfix is minor, it won't appear in the change log.

Offline Maxxwire

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 11:17:51 PM »

I agree HeffeD in that 62.5 % of the fixes listed for the most recently released version of CIS were for the Firewall and Defense+ which is clear proof of development.

Concerning uninstalling CIS on my computers the only time I've done it was to perform a clean installation of the next version.

~Maxx~
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 11:23:55 PM by Maxxwire »

Offline clocks

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 11:31:18 PM »
Stopped using CIS because HIPS causes too many pop-ups, and safe programs would too often get sandboxed.  Overall, just got too annoying for me to deal with.

Offline Solarlynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2011, 04:14:49 AM »
Not quite sure why the firewall has any impact on whether or not you choose to run D+, but it's your prerogative on what you wish to run on your system. 
Sorry, it was misprint in paragraph 2 - not CF, but D+ for sure. I've just fixed it in that post.

Offline Solarlynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 04:18:45 AM »

I agree HeffeD in that 62.5 % of the fixes listed for the most recently released version of CIS were for the Firewall and Defense+ which is clear proof of development.

Really... CF and D+ are being developed. Why hadn't I looked there myself?

Thank you.

Offline yashkhan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 07:59:18 AM »
As there are average & novice users at my home & the system is a family system i.e is shared by all & they were not comfortable with the popups. In my personal laptop definitely its CIS coz I am with Comodo for a long time now & know how it works. But for average users its not that friendly.

The users here dont have any prob with AV & Autosandbox. They just have probs with FW & D+ popups. They dont know to allow or block & if blocked or allowed permanently where to look, if some app is not working or if some app is constantly throwing pop up, how to solve it. Time to time I find corrupted uninstall in the system coz they may be uninstalling something & getting popup to sandbox & the uninstall corrupted i.e though the app uninstalled there use to be the app entry present in the add/remove, startup & other traces which when clicked used to give error. So I installed MSE & Windows FW for them & they are happy & the system is not yet infected.

So I guess popup is the main prob for people uninstalling besides few other reasons too.

Thanxx
Naren

Offline Circe

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 11:50:01 AM »
I'm not using Comodo Internet Security currently because my laptop has just 1GB Ram and money is tight at the moment so buying more RAM is not an option. Comodo makes my laptop feel sluggishbut so does every security product I install. I'm not knocking Comodo, it is an excellent product which I would happily use if I had more RAM.

Circe.
Comodo Internet Security.
ChromodoPrivate Internet Browser.

Offline a256886572008

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2011, 05:26:07 AM »
There is not a cloud based link scanner in CIS.

Offline roraycr

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2011, 01:18:59 PM »
I run Windows 7 64bit on a I5-750cpu.  I installed the firewall Sept 2010 and it worked fine.  Since then I have tried installing the update iin March and the latest update in June 2011 with the same results.  The system seems to loop at a ceratin point(?) aand to get Windows back up, I hade to go into safe mode and disable all of Comodo's options, then reboot normally and uninstall Comodo, reboot and go back to the Sep download.  I tried a complete resinstall instead of update which appeared OK but this morning after a Windows update, same thing.  When it works, I like it, but spending 1-2 hours recovering isn't worth it so I switched to McAfee, free from AT&T. for now.   

Offline SpeedyPC

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2011, 09:48:12 AM »
I've uninstall Comodo FW again sorry since I have been using their software for nearly 4 years, because the latest v5.4 doesn't play very well with my XP Pro SP3 OS any more so I've decided to used Outpost Pro 7.5 and it run very smooth light and easy.

When I'll get time to upgrade to the latest OS and I'll come straight back to Comodo FW because XP OS doesn't end until April 2014, which give me plenty of time to upgrade ;) I am still your true member of Comodo forum doesn't mean I'm not coming back ;)

PS: I'm still using Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 09:53:15 AM by SpeedyPC »
ASUS G75VX-T4153H - AIS v2016.11.1.2245 - W8 64bit - Firefox (AOS/NS/LP/VT) - Thunderbird - MBAM Premium + MBAE Free - Adguard Premium - Secunia PSI - CryptoPrevent - CCleaner - MCShield - WinPatrol PLUS - Unchecky - Macrium Reflect Home Edition

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek