Author Topic: When can we expect a new version Comodo Internet Security Premium? [merged topic]  (Read 25431 times)

Offline safemode

• Comodo's Hero
Better for them to take more time and release a stable build (if possible fixing long time bugs and issues while at it) than bring in another rushed release which will litter the Forum with complaints...

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
I absolutely agree.
But on the other hand having to wait for about 280 predicted days counting from the current beta 2 release date till the next release comes out is too long IMHO.

Offline NDABBRU

• Comodo's Hero
I absolutely agree.
But on the other hand having to wait for about 280 predicted days counting from the current beta 2 release date till the next release comes out is too long IMHO.

We hope at least that the wait will be compensated by a stable and working version for both 32-bit and 64-bit PCs, otherwise they should specify on the official website which versions of Windows 10 are compatible. :)
Bye!
Nunzio

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
We hope at least that the wait will be compensated by a stable and working version for both 32-bit and 64-bit PCs, otherwise they should specify on the official website which versions of Windows 10 are compatible. :)

Isn't the 32-bit issue already solved in one of the current betas?
When the wait is too long than there is a chance that MS decides to drop 32-bit OS support and Comodo might follow that decision as well soon.

Offline NDABBRU

• Comodo's Hero
Isn't the 32-bit issue already solved in one of the current betas?
When the wait is too long than there is a chance that MS decides to drop 32-bit OS support and Comodo might follow that decision as well soon.

I don't know, unfortunately, not knowing how to modify the host file, I was unable to test the beta version. :-\
I hope that Comodo will not abandon 32 BIT for the moment ... :)
Bye!
Nunzio

Offline Ploget

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • 'Your best teacher is your last mistake'
    • Schneier on Security
Try this guide Nunzio: Edit Hosts File
I don't know, unfortunately, not knowing how to modify the host file, I was unable to test the beta version. :-\
Ploget

All Win 10 x 64 Pro - 21H1 (19043.1348) / CFW 12.2.2.8012 / WiseVector StopX
Comodo Forum Policy
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito”

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
Off-topic but just wondering:
Is it also needed to modify the hosts file when one installs a beta version using the beta offline installer?

Offline NDABBRU

• Comodo's Hero
Try this guide Nunzio: Edit Hosts File

Thanks, it's very kind of you. ;)
Bye!
Nunzio

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Off-topic but just wondering:
Is it also needed to modify the hosts file when one installs a beta version using the beta offline installer?

Not for the installation. But to get the AV updates for this build you need to use the beta servers. You can do that either by editing the HOSTS file or changing the Proxy and Host Settings in CIS. Either one will work.

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
Not for the installation. But to get the AV updates for this build you need to use the beta servers. You can do that either by editing the HOSTS file or changing the Proxy and Host Settings in CIS. Either one will work.

That's what I wanted to know.
Thanks for answering.

So for FW only installation no need to do anything.

Offline NDABBRU

• Comodo's Hero
So when will the new version come out?

Why is no developer responding?

Do we have to wait for 2021?

Other providers every 1 or 2 months release new versions with improvements ... :(
Bye!
Nunzio

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
It is clear that they do not care about CIS or its users and rather focus on corporate side in the itarian/dragon platform. Unless otherwise stated, CIS is a dead and abandoned product, you would be better off switching to another security suite that is actively maintained and supported that provides new versions in a timely manner. If you want answers then sign up and spam the forums over at  http://forum.comodo.com and http://forum.itarian.com maybe you will get an answer as they are active over there.

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
It is clear that they do not care about CIS or its users and rather focus on corporate side in the itarian/dragon platform. Unless otherwise stated, CIS is a dead and abandoned product, you would be better off switching to another security suite that is actively maintained and supported that provides new versions in a timely manner. If you want answers then sign up and spam the forums over at  http://forum.comodo.com and http://forum.itarian.com maybe you will get an answer as they are active over there.

Wow - that's a clear answer/statement futuretech.
To be honest I already had the same impression quite a while ago about CIS being a dead and abandoned product and Comodo not caring for it or for their free users anymore.
Very, very sad this has to happen . . .  :(

Offline WhiteMouse

If that was true then I don't understand it. Other security vendors even create a free product because it helps them make cloud databases better. Comodo signatures is one of the worst and without home users it'll become worse.

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
If that was true then I don't understand it. Other security vendors even create a free product because it helps them make cloud databases better. Comodo signatures is one of the worst and without home users it'll become worse.

And when all free home users immediately stop submitting bug reports the CIS product will become even more worse . . . Comodo think twice!!!

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek