Author Topic: When can we expect a new version Comodo Internet Security Premium? [merged topic]  (Read 23769 times)

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
  • Long Live COMODO!
    • Comodo Group
I want to test the new CIS as soon as possible. Place a version on the beta server for testing.

HP Compaq 6200 Pro Microtower
Canon I-SENSYS MF4140
Windows 11 Pro x64 Build 22478.1000
CIS Premium v.12.2.2.8012
MX Linux 19.4 KDE х64

Offline liosant

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • GOD cure me epilepsy and atrophy - Sou brasileiro!
When begin tests? :P

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Just to let you all know the next release to test should be available in the next two weeks if nothing else causes any delays. However it will only contain fixes so it won't have the light signature db feature as they are having issues with that feature.

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
Is test release based on current UI design with focus on the fixes or based on new UI design already?

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Please post a new version for testing. Don't delete the message.
Messages are not being deleted as they are being split and merged into this topic because they are off topic posts. I have already stated that it is going to be available in the next few weeks.

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
Is test release based on current UI design with focus on the fixes or based on new UI design already?

To quote myself, is there anything known about this?

Offline NDABBRU

• Comodo's Hero
After 5 months, do you think a new version will be released soon?

Thanks!  ;)
Bye!
Nunzio

Offline Ploget

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • 'Your best teacher is your last mistake'
    • Schneier on Security
Here . . .
Just to let you all know the next release to test should be available in the next two weeks if nothing else causes any delays. However it will only contain fixes so it won't have the light signature db feature as they are having issues with that feature.
After 5 months, do you think a new version will be released soon?
Ploget

All Win 10 x 64 Pro - 21H1 (19043.1288) / CIS 12.2.2.8012
Comodo Forum Policy
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito”

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
  • Long Live COMODO!
    • Comodo Group

Ok  :-TU

Canon I-SENSYS MF4140
MX Linux 19.4 KDE х64

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
  • Long Live COMODO!
    • Comodo Group
Two weeks have passed, will a new version be released or postponed?

Canon I-SENSYS MF4140
MX Linux 19.4 KDE х64

Offline MikeDiack

• Comodo Loves me
Bumping, Megahertz's comments.
Can someone on Comodo's staff please be given a nudge to give us an update as to what is going on?
Most AV firms issue frequent updates to their code via a near continuous beta cycle (e.g. Avast). Comodo seem to just believe in silence. :(
I suspect I am not the only one, who'd rather see bugfixes and a more frequent release cycle, than fiddling with the GUI again.

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
I am not the only one, who'd rather see bugfixes and a more frequent release cycle, than fiddling with the GUI again.
me too.  if there still working on there features or something like that then its fine.  but since they did a bunch of bug fixes, i dont  see why that they can't just release a minor update (just bugfixes only) in the mean time.  The people that need the fixes can get fixes and we can check for bug regression while waiting for the regular update to be done like the light database thing and whatever else comodo has in mind :)

If Comodo's history taught me anything, it'll go like this....   It'll be ready whenever its ready. While it lacks of detail but at least you got an answer >:-D

It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Offline DrAlrek

• Comodo Loves me
When can we expect a new version of CIS/CAV/CFW to come out?

Nothing is perfect, the closest you can get is to always improve.

Fiddle with it, find ways to exploit it, then patch those holes and fiddle with it some more.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 06:24:07 AM by Ploget »
ProactiveSecurity
AV: Heur to medium, auto-quarantine, Lite database
HIPS/FW: SafeMode AutoBlock on.
Container: autoblock, but sandbox Chrome&Firefox
Cloud lookup: off, removed unused entries from vendor list
VirusScope: monitor all, auto-quarantine

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
  • Long Live COMODO!
    • Comodo Group
Hi,
Any information about the new version? Many would test it and report possible errors. Which reduced the time to fix.

Canon I-SENSYS MF4140
MX Linux 19.4 KDE х64

Offline cinefilo1979

i think cis has slow updates. cis uses a lot a pc resources. a improvement is on the way ?

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek