Author Topic: When can we expect a new version Comodo Internet Security Premium? [merged topic]  (Read 23703 times)

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
Thanks for this Eric - you and the other mods here have always done a great job in terms of staying in touch, and in a timely manner(!), and guiding things. Your efforts are MUCH appreciated.

I can only hope that Comodo themselves soon learn/get a grip on the importance of communicating with their community and users.

Apologies for the delay in responding Mike.

The moderators thank you for your kind words - they are truly appreciated.

Likewise, I also hope Comodo regain their chattiness.

Cheers,
Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline tretas

What i actually mean is that i'm getting the feeling that CIS is going to go away for good *soon*.

And that's a shame!

From what i understand, since Melih's gone away, things have increasingly been turned in the direction of not supporting a free product like CIS anymore.
Even the official comodo page offers a version without Firewall.

You have to come to the forums to get it... it's a bit confusing...

I would really like an official statement (one we can really trust in) about the state of things and what can we expect from the product.
Also, why is it not on the official page as a download?

Offline Ploget

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • 'Your best teacher is your last mistake'
    • Schneier on Security
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-2020-v12227036-released-t125668.0.html

The free Premium versions is available on the Comodo site - just rather difficult to find unfortunately:

https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/internet-security-pro-suite.php
What i actually mean is that i'm getting the feeling that CIS is going to go away for good *soon*.

And that's a shame!

From what i understand, since Melih's gone away, things have increasingly been turned in the direction of not supporting a free product like CIS anymore.

I would really like an official statement (one we can really trust in) about the state of things and what can we expect from the product.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 07:15:00 AM by Ploget »
Ploget

All Win 10 x 64 Pro - 21H1 (19043.1288) / CIS 12.2.2.8012
Comodo Forum Policy
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito”

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero

And that's a shame!

Comodo Internet Security is here to stay and for free as has been assured to us mods by Comodo representative.

The development of the website is unfortunate and very aggressive towards leading people to buying a paid version. It does still provide download links to the free version but you will have to find them.  :-\

Offline tretas

Comodo Internet Security is here to stay and for free as has been assured to us mods by Comodo representative.

The development of the website is unfortunate and very aggressive towards leading people to buying a paid version. It does still provide download links to the free version but you will have to find them.  :-\

That was exactly what i wanted to know. Thank you.

Glad to see that, at least, they still plan on keeping it.

[at]EricJH [at]Ploget

Thank you both for your replies :)

Offline Ploget

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Schneier on Security
You're very wecome. If you have a problems with any other links on the website, just ask here. We probably have most of them saved!
That was exactly what i wanted to know. Thank you.

Glad to see that, at least, they still plan on keeping it.

[at]EricJH [at]Ploget

Thank you both for your replies :)
Ploget

Comodo Forum Policy
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito”

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
The "Installation Guide 12.3" and "Quick Start Guide 12.3" seem to reveal something.  :)

https://help.comodo.com/product-72-Comodo-Internet-Security.html

Offline liosant

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • GOD cure me epilepsy and atrophy - Sou brasileiro!
maybe the next version :THNK

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
To but quote myself from the release topic of 7036:
I looked at the manual of 12.3 but that is still incomplete. It looks like it is still work in progress so I would not expect it too soon. We haven't heard about this build by Comodo as of yet. It is as much a surprise to us as it is to you guys.

Offline shadha

• Comodo's Hero
Hi All

I have a question, is CIS still being developed as I haven't seen any progress and no beta's to test. I hope it still keeps moving forward.

Regards
Sven
Regards
Sven

"everyday above ground is a good day"

Offline Ploget

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Schneier on Security
A new version is promised, but we haven't been told when or any other details, other than it will fix a lot of minor and not so minor bugs. We don't know anything other than that I'm afraid
I have a question, is CIS still being developed as I haven't seen any progress and no beta's to test. I hope it still keeps moving forward.

Regards
Sven
Ploget

Comodo Forum Policy

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
Peter Schilling says to major Tom: "Major, we have not so minor issues!"
Major responds: "Not so minor issues? That's a major thing..." ;)

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
This is the post C.O.M.O.D.O RT was referring to:
Hi EricJH,

We were expecting a release by next week, but there is an unexpected delay due to a new feature "light signature DB". We will notify you of further updates.

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
Does this new design means also a new major CIS version like CIS V14 or V2020 ?

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek