Author Topic: Whats your method for locking down CIS  (Read 1762 times)

Offline NoScript

Re: Whats your method for locking down CIS
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2022, 05:26:15 PM »
Hello jay2007tech and many thanks for the firewall hardening tutorial.  :)   

Is there any chance you could also include what rules you are using in System(in the application rules), Globalrules and in Networkzones? What about Windows firewall, should i disable it?

Also, is it possible for you to add how to harden svchost to only include the necessary connections such as windows update, defender updates, time and of course "getting an ip"?
Thanks again.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 12:24:00 AM by NoScript »

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2022, 05:54:04 PM »
many thanks for the firewall hardening tutorial.
and
Is there any chance you could also include what rules you are using in System(in the application rules), Globalrules and in Networkzones?
wow.  this is a long month.  I haven't got that far.  My friend was trying to upgrade my laptop with some awsume hardware.  I been having issueing with it for a while (nothing to do with comodo).  theres 1 external harddrive that has a ton of notes and it not working (i have a few external harddrives).  Thats why the guild was never finished. (my original notes were trashed so
I wrote the notes(I know my notes are sloppy written) from this youtube video.  This guild I use is better then mine but this is what im using right now.  It took a half a day to find the link in youtube
Get it from here in video
Clear Config <-- :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hCoT3fCTxM

is it possible for you to add how to harden svchost to only include the necessary connections such as windows update, defender updates, time and of course "getting an ip"?
Its very easy to mess up your internet connection, if you dont know what your doing.  I'm guessing your trying to learn

To keep this short
You have the instructions right there and this works for my computer setup only. you pick and choose on will work for you.  This isn't really for beginners  (comodo hardening is overkill for most people)  I have no idea what your setup is and you have to read the notes (Ill try to update the second half,  If I cant access the harddrive, Ill just write it out or watch the video.  Its all there.  At least make a backup copy of windows before jumping in
If you take your computer somewhere else {like a friends house or school}  youll be locked out and have to create a new set of rules for that place
cmd ipconfig /all will have the info needed.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 07:48:35 PM by jay2007tech »
It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Offline NoScript

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2022, 12:31:53 AM »
Thanks jay2007tech appreciate it. Yes, im trying to learn. One last question if you don't mind, should i disable Windows firewall?

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek