Author Topic: Submit Applications you want to be made trusted here. [USE 2011 THREAD]  (Read 1044228 times)

Offline OmeletGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Dragon Theme Maker
Re: Submit Applications you want to be made trusted here.
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2009, 01:30:55 PM »
Blizzard, in particular World of Warcraft. I still have to go into training mode to apply the new patches. Steam and Valve would also be nice. These are heavily used games and there's no reason for them not to be in the safe list.

Will see what can be done... thx for submitting.

System Details: W8.1-64bit | 16GB DDR3 | Intel Core I7-4710MQ[at]2.5Ghz to 3.5Ghz | CIS 8.2 | Geforce 840M

Offline languy99

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2009, 07:53:27 PM »
There's really no use to include Thunderbird since it doesn't work in the first place. I tried it and imported my settings from Outlook Express. I was only able to receive mail on one account and no matter what I did, I could not send mail with any account. I tried every suggested fix on their forums and none worked. I haven't liked any open source program I've ever tried, including anything from Mozilla.

It works just fine for me, I have been using it for years and I have no had one problem with it. I check 6 different e-mail accounts with it and can send and receive from all of them.
http://www.youtube.com/languy99

Software Reviews for all.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/languy99

Offline wozofoz

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2009, 09:29:00 PM »
Isn't it better to use the submit function in CIS? :-La

1: Add the program files to My Pending Files (they will be added automatically in Clean PC Mode). If they cannot be added to the list, they are already in the Comodo certified safe files database.

2: Select the files in the list, click on Look up… to see if it's in Comodo's master safe list database.

3: If the result of the look up is Unknown, CIS will ask the user to submit the files. If the result is Safe, CIS will suggest that the files be moved to My Safe Files.

I tried that but 10 days later the status is still Untrusted and Already Submitted so I will see if posting them here has any result.

PhraseExpress: phraseexpress.exe
Popular and safe.
http://www.phraseexpress.com/freeware.htm

Karen's Replictor: PTReplicator.exe
Popular and safe. All of Karen's power tools should be looked at as I am sure they will ultimately be listed as Trusted.
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp

Acer eRecovery: eRAgent.exe
Comes installed in Acer computers to restore back to factory settings. Since this is an emergency tool it should not be blocked in any way at any time. The full path is:
C:\Acer\Empowering Technology\eRecovery\eRAgent.exe

Launch Manager: QtZgAcer.exe
Comes installed in Acer computers and is the launcher for Fn key (Standby Mode, Brightness, Volume etc) The full path is:
C:\Program Files\Launch Manager\QtZgAcer.EXE

All the best, woz of oz

« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:31:06 PM by wozofoz »
Acer Aspire One NetBook
AOA150 ZG5 • XP Home  SP3 • RAM: 1GB • Processor: Intel 1.6 GHz Atom • BIOS (updated): 0.3309 • WiFi

Offline OmeletGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Dragon Theme Maker
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2009, 10:08:33 PM »
I tried that but 10 days later the status is still Untrusted and Already Submitted so I will see if posting them here has any result.

Well this maybe faster, but some wont be added until v4, because the Trusted Vender's list wont get updated until then. (As far as i know)

Thanks for the list.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 10:11:24 PM by OmeletGuy »
System Details: W8.1-64bit | 16GB DDR3 | Intel Core I7-4710MQ[at]2.5Ghz to 3.5Ghz | CIS 8.2 | Geforce 840M

Offline bequick

• Comodo's Hero
    • GooGle
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2009, 03:52:28 AM »
WIndows 7 manager by Yamicsoft -> http://www.yamicsoft.com/windows7manager/index.html

Gom player by GOMlab-> http://www.gomlab.com/eng/

Virtual CloneDrive by SlySoft-> http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

Offline LaserWraith

• pillow fighting fool
  • Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I'm going to go out with a bang
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2009, 01:01:42 PM »
Do you know if staff are actually checking this topic?

Offline OmeletGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Dragon Theme Maker
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2009, 01:02:29 PM »
Do you know if staff are actually checking this topic?

There not, I'm emailing them updates.

Offline DaRtH VaDeR.

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Everything in life comes to an end, exept life
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2009, 01:31:18 PM »
I think it would be a brilliant idea for CIS to have some kind of "universal" updater. The updater will not include virus definitions, but also program updates and updates for white listing and black listing... this would be very beneficial for end users, but also for the researchers and developers as well, because updating is fast and it will reach much more users, because white listing can be achieved without having to push a new version of the whole program constantly and leaving a big time gap between new releases.....

I hope they have the money and infrastructure to create something like this, because other vendors are having this for a very long time... (:WIN)
DaRtH VaDeR says: "The path of success and progress is not to be reached by the things you have done, but by the things you will do, so think before you act,the voice of your history will confirm this fact.."

DaRtH VaDeR says: "Your system is as secure as the weakest link in your entire security"

Offline eXPerience

• Left the Forums
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Free Forever !
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2009, 01:39:04 PM »
I think it would be a brilliant idea for CIS to have some kind of "universal" updater. The updater will not include virus definitions, but also program updates and updates for white listing and black listing... this would be very beneficial for end users, but also for the researchers and developers as well, because updating is fast and it will reach much more users, because white listing can be achieved without having to push a new version of the whole program constantly and leaving a big time gap between new releases.....

I hope they have the money and infrastructure to create something like this, because other vendors are having this for a very long time... (:WIN)
Hi,

the antivirus updater now updates blacklisted as whitelisted files.

best regards  ;),
eXPerience

Offline Eljo

• Comodo's Hero
  • Telegram: t.me/Eljo_M
    • Morpurgo fotografie
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2009, 11:49:03 AM »
UPS
UPS Widget2
http://widget.ups.com/
My questions and remarks will not always point to below mentioned machines!
Windows 10 ASUS A75DE, AMD A8 4500M, 1.9Ghz, Radeon Dual HD7640G, SSD 120GB, SSD500, Ram 8GB,  CIS.

Offline Eljo

• Comodo's Hero
    • Morpurgo fotografie
Windows 10 ASUS A75DE, AMD A8 4500M, 1.9Ghz, Radeon Dual HD7640G, SSD 120GB, SSD500, Ram 8GB,  CIS.

Offline Eljo

• Comodo's Hero
    • Morpurgo fotografie

Offline Eljo

• Comodo's Hero
    • Morpurgo fotografie
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2009, 12:01:43 PM »

Offline Eljo

• Comodo's Hero
    • Morpurgo fotografie
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 12:12:24 PM by Eljo »

Offline Eljo

• Comodo's Hero
    • Morpurgo fotografie

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek