Author Topic: Seriously, Comodo, its time you catch up!  (Read 3434 times)

Offline prodex

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Seriously, Comodo, its time you catch up!
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2020, 11:52:18 PM »
Thanks for your answer.

As for if I can still use the apps. I'm quite sure I can BUT, I don't want to manually have to clean the "blocked application" every now and again.

I'm too lazy at the moment to try the procedure now, but I'll do it once.

If a program is blocked, the blocking part of cis is mentioned, e.g. Firewall. What if you
allow the program all incoming and outgoing requests? In the 'File List' mark it as trustworthy. You save it permanently in COMODO - Firewall Security (e.g.) and export it as your own configuration.  Should work, I think. So you use COMODO - F.S. modified as you need it. Maybe you just have to (if it should) delete all locked applications and it's done quickly.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 11:59:55 PM by prodex »

Offline Dharshu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2020, 03:23:42 AM »
Hi sry for the late reply. Stupid Microsoft flagged the notification mail as junk...

Not sure what you mean by "you have changed the settings several times" All I know is that a bunch of perfectly safe stuff was blocked using the default config.
Is not possible to investigate this anymore I don't think. However I just saw that lots of things was blocked yesterday and I know for a fact that I was playing Forza Horizon 4 at that time. These you see here on the screenshot are perfectly safe apps/programs. There's no reason whatsoever to block these, so why is Comodo doing it?

Hello blackkatt,

Thank you for your response.Please let us know your opinion regarding Remote Session with our developers for further investigations.

Kind Regards,
PD

Offline blackkatt

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2020, 04:13:07 PM »
Hello blackkatt,

Thank you for your response.Please let us know your opinion regarding Remote Session with our developers for further investigations.

Kind Regards,
PD

Thanks Dharshu, very kind of you. I however think it would lead nowhere. Please update CIS instead so that it is up2date with how Windows 10 works.

Because even if these

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display.NvContainer\NVDisplay.Container.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NvNode\NVIDIA Web Helper.exe
C:\Users\bci\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe
C:\Windows\System32\smartscreen.exe
C:\Windows\System32\Speech_OneCore\common\SpeechRuntime.exe

aren't really blocked or even if they are temporarily. THEY should NOT appear in "Blocked Application/Unblock Application" every now and then. If that's by design CHANGE IT! it's confusing. It's stupid. It takes time to verify an clear the list.

I tried many times now to convey my message about CIS needing an overhaul. There are System Services that needs to communicate both In & Out. These should BY DEFAULT have this access. NO user input should be required whatsoever Because then its not "Safe Mode" its "Unsafe Mode" and you guys have to rename it :P
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 03:06:32 AM by blackkatt »

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek