Author Topic: Please read before updating to Microsoft Update KB4022716(OS Build 15063.447)  (Read 219439 times)

Offline Scubamaster

• Comodo Member
OK. So you think that COMODO firewall is blocking windows updates? Then why does everybody else use comodo without that problem? Can you show me a source that says that blocked windows updates is a common problem with comodo firewall?

Henrik, I think you are missing the point of this thread:

1. Microsoft came out with an OS update
2. COMODO did not test this update in advance against their apps
3. COMODO CIS and some other COMODO apps are not compatible with the MS OS update and cause web browsers to crash as well as Desktop/Startmenu/Taskbar to disappear
4. COMODO was late to realize the problem and post it on the forum
5. COMODO is working on a fix (some hotfix has been posted - see the forum)

Members are checking and posting here to find a temporary workaround as well as a final solution from COMODO. This one is not a Microsoft problem.
AMD FX6300; 16GB RAM; Radeon R7-360 w. latest driver
Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit (all patches)
Comodo Internet Security V10.1.0.6476

Offline Jenk0

Hi

Would someone please explain in plain English what I should do?

My Comodo product version is 10.0.1.6246

I do not have KB4022716 MS update installed as of now but there is no way of pausing Windows Updates on my Win 10 Home Edition Version 1607, the pause option is not there.

Do I simply have to wait until you issue the "Fixed" version of 6246 and then download and install it?
If so, when will this "Fixed" version be released?
How will I know when the "Fixed" version is available?

x2. Will Comodo update its self when the fix is here or do we have to do something?

Offline wonderlust76

• Comodo's Hero
There is no option to pause updates in my windows 10,  so the instructions are not really relevant
going to uninstall comodo, and follow the thread until you fix the issue

Me too

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
x2. Will Comodo update its self when the fix is here or do we have to do something?
See quote below:
We will send a CMC message as soon as we have updates available allowing users to manually update although auto update of CIS will kick in and you will see offer to update when we release updates.

Maybe. But you are certainly missing the point of my posts... And if we continue this talking at cross-purposes we are wasting the time for the rest here.
Agreed and on that note any further off-topic posts will be removed.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 01:37:13 PM by futuretech »

Offline asdfg108

Since i also have no option to pause updates, i have taken the advice of an earlier post now buried on page 3  :) by gillei. I have simply disabled the service "Windows updates". This seems like a good temporary workaround if you haven't already been affected by the kb.

Here's the post:

>press windows key + R

>type and enter: services.msc

>look for windows update service

>when you see that , right click on it, choose properties, and change startup type to disable, click apply.

Also, either press "stop" button to stop the service currently running, or just reboot.

Once Comodo has fixed the issue and updated - do the same procedure but enable it (actually it gets set back to "manual")

Edit: I don't think there is any need to disable the service "Update Orchestrator Service". It too is set to "manual" by default and in my case at least, it has not started up. I think this is because it only starts if  the user, an application or another service starts it. With windows update service disabled then it hasn't started, fingers crossed that that is enough.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 02:20:58 PM by asdfg108 »

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
Hi All,
Please check RC versions of Comodo Internet Security, Comodo Antivirus, Comodo Firewall and Secure Shopping that fix the mentioned incompatibility:

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-v10016250-rc-t119937.0.html

We have already released updates for fixed versions of Comodo Cloud Antivirus(v537) and Internet Security Essentials(v88).

Thanks
-umesh
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline radek178

• Comodo's Hero
When will be finished repair for CF?

Offline johnrambobt

• Comodo Family Member
Internet Explorer crashes when execute, without enter a webpage. It's a bucle. Is this the Comodo issue you are talking about? Thanks.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 07:13:03 PM by johnrambobt »

Offline tpeluso

It's unacceptable that it will take nearly a week for there to be a final release candidate that I and others can rely on in full faith to work correctly if what I'm reading in the first post is correct.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 06:51:51 PM by tpeluso »

Offline cuser

• Comodo's Hero
if that update is about upcoming creators update privacy update which came couple days ago then haven't noticed any issues related to that and otherwise both win10s are up-to-date and waiting creat upd (2 win10 laptops haven't been touched since last month updates but neither of them has cis installed).

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
[at]Umesh, it is very bad form to request/state people should not DL nor install Windows updates because they cause issues with CIS.
Microsoft does NOT permit many users to pause/halt updates, claiming they are required for whatever security reasons.
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Bah! Ban 'em all! The only good member is a banned member
And a member is just a policy violator who hasn't been caught yet. >:-D

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
Hi,
We are not saying do that, we are just informing about option if you want to keep Comodo till fixed version is out.
language used is following:
Quote from: umesh
In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
as one of users asked:
...so how can we stop this update until Comodo gets their fix out?

Thanks
-umesh
[at]Umesh, it is very bad form to request/state people should not DL nor install Windows updates because they cause issues with CIS.
Microsoft does NOT permit many users to pause/halt updates, claiming they are required for whatever security reasons.
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline johnrambobt

• Comodo Family Member
Internet Explorer crashes when execute, without enter a webpage. It's a bucle. Is this the Comodo issue you are talking about? Thanks.

Any answer?

Offline SMH17

• Comodo Member
The people that has already broken* their OS with compatibility problems of latest Windows patch and Comodo can launch task manager and run
Code: [Select]
rstrui.exe to use restore point that is created automatically before any win update installation. I got the same problem with Comodo error and windows that stuck on black screen with only cursor visible and I have fixed in this way.

Offline wolfeye

I could only login to a temporary Windows account.
Uninstalled all Comodo software... problem fixed.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek