Author Topic: Please read before updating to Microsoft Update KB4022716(OS Build 15063.447)  (Read 219437 times)

Offline radek178

• Comodo's Hero
You can suspect what you want but you're wrong. I have only PRO version.

Offline celticdruid

It is not true. I have problem with IE 32 and 64 and Chrome 64b.
You are right, just tried and IE 64 also crashes. Still 64bit Firefox and Chromium are working just fine here.

Offline mandhi

• Comodo Family Member
Does it work on windows 7 - 64 bit as well?

Offline Henrik

My Windows 10 Home 64-bit Ver. 10.0.14393 is in the process of installing an update called:

"2017-06 Samlet opdatering til Windows 10 Version 1607 til x64-baserede systemer (KB4022715)."

Does that have the same problem?

Offline MystiqueWolf

• Comodo Member
Here the time now is 13:48 30 June. The update was released on 27th June and I had it installed on 28th June. Why on 30th June at 00:06 Comodo pops up a message to not install the update after it was already installed? Here IE is crashing but Edge is not. Guess Microsoft did good ditching all things that crash it's browsers and requiring you to use extensions.

Offline Fastflys

• Comodo Member
Hi

Would someone please explain in plain English what I should do?

My Comodo product version is 10.0.1.6246

I do not have KB4022716 MS update installed as of now but there is no way of pausing Windows Updates on my Win 10 Home Edition Version 1607, the pause option is not there.

Do I simply have to wait until you issue the "Fixed" version of 6246 and then download and install it?
If so, when will this "Fixed" version be released?
How will I know when the "Fixed" version is available?

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
Hi

Would someone please explain in plain English what I should do?

My Comodo product version is 10.0.1.6246

I do not have KB4022716 MS update installed as of now but there is no way of pausing Windows Updates on my Win 10 Home Edition Version 1607, the pause option is not there.

Do I simply have to wait until you issue the "Fixed" version of 6246 and then download and install it?
Hi Fastflys,
You could use the workaround kindly posted by futuretech in the link below if you have any issues.
Another temporary solution would be to uninstall Secure Shopping to fix not being able to login properly and add web browsers file group to exclusions of detect shellcode injections to fix crashing of certain web browsers.

If so, when will this "Fixed" version be released?
How will I know when the "Fixed" version is available?
We will send a CMC message as soon as we have updates available allowing users to manually update although auto update of CIS will kick in and you will see offer to update when we release updates.

Kind regards.

Offline Yaron.e

There is no option to pause updates in my windows 10,  so the instructions are not really relevant
going to uninstall comodo, and follow the thread until you fix the issue

Offline Shoonay

• Comodo Loves me
Am I naive in thinking I'm not affected by the problem after updating to that W10 update since I don't have Secure Shopping installed?

Cause everything works as before, or will rubbish* start happening later?

GPU: MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X OC; CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X; Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X570-PRO; RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB DDR4 [at] 3333MHz; Monitor: AOC AGON AG322QC4 [at] 2560x1440 144Hz; PSU: Chieftec GPS-1350C; Sound card: Sound Blaster Z; OS: Windows 10 Home version 21H1 build 19043.962 (64-bit)

Offline Scubamaster

• Comodo Member
I tried the following tip from futuretech

"Another temporary solution would be to uninstall Secure Shopping to fix not being able to login properly and add web browsers file group to exclusions of detect shellcode injections to fix crashing of certain web browsers."

But both Chrome and IE are still crashing. Interestingly both Edge and Vivaldi don't have a problem.
AMD FX6300; 16GB RAM; Radeon R7-360 w. latest driver
Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit (all patches)
Comodo Internet Security V10.1.0.6476

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
Am I naive in thinking I'm not affected by the problem after updating to that W10 update since I don't have Secure Shopping installed?

Cause everything works as before, or will rubbish* start happening later?
Hi Shoonay,
Most if not all issues should show instantly if they are going to show at all.

Kind regards.

Offline Roffo

I had no problems and could not find KB4022716 installed but anyway I tried upgrading to the latest 6246 CIS build from homepage. I have Win 10 Pro.

Then after reboot the windows login prompt didn't show.

To fix this I had to hard power off the computer at login, then power on and again hard power off at login, to make Windows enter repair mode. Then I started a command prompt and deleted the c:\windows\system32\drivers\cmd*.sys (3 files) and exit + start win.

Login worked. It looks as fine as before - Firewall, AV, but HIPS complains. Any attempt to let it fix itself and reboot will again lead to no login. So for now I just let it be.

Offline remoss

• Comodo Member
  • Just me...
    • Mossinkoff Online....
It is not clear (to me) whether this will actually work on Windows 10 Home.
Yes, this works in Windows 10 Home.

Offline Shoonay

• Comodo Loves me
Hi Shoonay,
Most if not all issues should show instantly if they are going to show at all.

Kind regards.
Thank you for your answer.
GPU: MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X OC; CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X; Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X570-PRO; RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB DDR4 [at] 3333MHz; Monitor: AOC AGON AG322QC4 [at] 2560x1440 144Hz; PSU: Chieftec GPS-1350C; Sound card: Sound Blaster Z; OS: Windows 10 Home version 21H1 build 19043.962 (64-bit)

Offline wonderlust76

• Comodo's Hero

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

cannot find "Pause update" section...

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek