Author Topic: Please read before updating to Microsoft Update KB4022716(OS Build 15063.447)  (Read 219312 times)

Offline gillei

There is No pause updates in Windows 10.  Microsoft advise that was a Windows 7 feature,  however this is what you do:
To disable your updates
 follow these steps:

press windows key + R

type and enter: services.msc

look for windows update services

when you see that , right click on it, choose properties, and change startup type to disable

Once Comodo has fixed the issue and updated - do the same procedure but enable it

Offline gillei

How will we be advised please that this issue is fixed and will there be instructions on what to do?   Like I say, we are not all Geeks!

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
We will send a CMC message as soon as we have updates available allowing users to manually update although auto update of CIS will kick in and you will see offer to update when we release updates.

How will we be advised please that this issue is fixed and will there be instructions on what to do?   Like I say, we are not all Geeks!
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline Davidb86

Yep I had that but easily fixed (for me)
Edge and Mail very slow to load and FF just crashed
How I fixed it was to go double click on this PC/ MAIN RIGHT click/ properties. Disk cleanup/Click disk cleanup/ select Cleanup system files/ WINDOWS UPDATE CLEANUP and let that run.
After finished restart PC and all as fine.
tried on 2 PC's all working well now. Can't say it'll work for everyone.

The biggest issue I has was comodo popped up a warning about it and  the site wouldn't load so I couldn't see the warning. Kept getting stuck at TLS handshake but as I'm here now. Thats working fine now. :)

Offline Dexter_S9

Unfortunately I am using Home edition & can not defer updates. But fortunately I live in India & the update is not released yet here (at least for me). But as of for now I am temporarily disabling updates completely from services.

Offline michalko58

• Comodo Family Member
"Well done!"  >:(

After W10 update - black screen with Comodo widget, thought that it was graphics driver. No posssibility to reach safe mode (maybe dualboot problem?) -> fresh W10 install -> latest Comodo (downloaded from filehippo) installation -> black screen again (!!!!) - > safe mode -> Comodo error message "unable to uninstall"  :-TD  :-TD  :-TD

"Thank you"  >:(

Offline Ytsmabeer

There is still an pauze option, in windows 10 √Ľnder advaced settings.

Offline peopleinside

• Comodo's Hero
  • Passionate Security
OK I posticiped update until 07 / 07 / 2017 hope the issue will be fixed soon. Thanks for the message from Comodo Center

Offline peopleinside

• Comodo's Hero
  • Passionate Security
What a mess. I just lost a whole day yesterday re-installing 2 W10 PC's that were rendered unusable by the latest update. Not only does it look like COMODO does not test new MS updates or does not receive MS updates in advance for testing but it took until later yesterday for a user (cocalaur) to post the problem - Thanks. I was searching low and high for hours before realizing it was caused by COMODO. Nobody from COMODO support was proactive until this morning to post. I'm using COMODO for many years on several PC's but it gets to the point where it is more trouble than it's worth.  >:(

I AM curious to understand also me why that kind of issue happen and seems move Comodo to work on the issue just when some user report the issue.
Is Comodo Team testing in advance software before Microsoft update are released?

Also in the past I see same issue, Windows update and Comodo issues that brake my PC. I love Comodo but as suggest is very important that the software is tested in advance, before Microsoft release updates :)

AnyWay thanks for alerting me in time to stop Windows Update, temporary.

Offline wimsips

It is not clear (to me) whether this will actually work on Windows 10 Home.

What is the relation/difference between "Windows Update" and "Update Orchestrator Service"?
When I checked they were both on "manual". I changed both to "disabled", will that effectively prevent Windows updates?

There is No pause updates in Windows 10.  Microsoft advise that was a Windows 7 feature,  however this is what you do:
To disable your updates
 follow these steps:

press windows key + R

type and enter: services.msc

look for windows update services

when you see that , right click on it, choose properties, and change startup type to disable

Once Comodo has fixed the issue and updated - do the same procedure but enable it

Offline celticdruid

No login issues here, windows reset after the update the other night and booted just fine. Also appears to only effect 32bit browsers. Firefox, Edge and Chromium all fine. Didn't notice till I needed to use IE for something that requires java, then crash city. Same with 32bit firefox. Figured it was Comodo since IE debug showed "Unhandled exception at 0x6BCA135B (cmdshim32.dll)".

Offline Cavalary

• Comodo Member
    • Cav's Place
Also appears to only effect 32bit browsers.
That would sure be a huge problem for me, being on 32-bit...

Offline radek178

• Comodo's Hero
No login issues here, windows reset after the update the other night and booted just fine. Also appears to only effect 32bit browsers. Firefox, Edge and Chromium all fine. Didn't notice till I needed to use IE for something that requires java, then crash city. Same with 32bit firefox. Figured it was Comodo since IE debug showed "Unhandled exception at 0x6BCA135B (cmdshim32.dll)".

It is not true. I have problem with IE 32 and 64 and Chrome 64b.

Offline Roffo

There is No pause updates in Windows 10.  Microsoft advise that was a Windows 7 feature

Pause updates (for 35 days) is a new feature of Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703) released in March:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/d4efb316-79f0-1aa1-9ef3-dcada78f3fa0/get-the-windows-10-creators-update

How to pause from the advanced menu:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73441-turn-off-pause-updates-windows-update-windows-10-a.html

Offline wimsips

Pause updates (for 35 days) is a new feature of Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703) released in March:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/d4efb316-79f0-1aa1-9ef3-dcada78f3fa0/get-the-windows-10-creators-update

How to pause from the advanced menu:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73441-turn-off-pause-updates-windows-update-windows-10-a.html

Which apparently only works for the Pro, Education, and Enterprise editions of Windows 10.
I suspect the majority of posters here have the Home edition.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek