Author Topic: Please read before updating to Microsoft Update KB4022716(OS Build 15063.447)  (Read 219311 times)

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
Please check if you have host entries for download.comodo.com

Comodo main download pages for CIS Pro etc. 404 error and can't do a clean install now either because of that!
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline DEATHPHANTOMG49

I Haven't Had Any Issues What So Ever. My Computer Is Fully Updated I'm Using Two Browsers Microsoft Edge And Opera Neither Of Which Have Crashed Due This This Incompatibility.

Offline Peace

Greetings and thank you for a good and free product, really happy to see the patience of some responsible ppl (considering some of the comments on here, throughout the years) on here even though you're giving us a free product.

It seems that explorer.exe aren't loading. After log in i'm presented with a black screen and a working cursor, when i bring up taskmanager, explorer.exe is not there, running explorer.exe via taskmanager doesn't work either, just wanted you guys to know that, hopefully it could help identify the problem.
Windows 10 1703 64bit
Over and out.

Offline gillei

SO - please tell me how I can easily find what version I have???

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
Hi and welcome gillei,
From the start menu run box, type Winver and enter.
Alternative, go to Windows settings system about.

Kind regards.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 08:14:26 PM by captainsticks »

Offline Cavalary

• Comodo Member
    • Cav's Place
These are preview updates, so wouldn't have touched them anyway, but since I see it also seems to apply to Win 7, the question is will the problem still exist when the proper ones will be released on (I assume) Patch Tuesday?
I'm using Comodo Firewall, still at 8.4.0.5165, considering the issues I saw reported with v10, and with doing a straight update to it, on Win 7, so really wouldn't want to be forced to update because of it and jump straight into whatever other issues will be caused by that. So if a fix is needed, maybe one could be backported and released as a separate hotfix to just avoid this problem for those staying on legacy versions as well?

PS: I'm on 32-bit...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 08:35:29 PM by Cavalary »

Offline gillei

I have just uninstalled and reinstalled Comodo - the version is now showing as 6246 - where do I get the latest 'fixed' version they are talking about???

Offline gillei

Captain sticks - Iwas talking about finding the version of Comodo, not Windows - but I have found it now - I just need to know how to get this "Fixed" version they are talking about as the latest version seems to be 6246

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
We are working providing fixed version of Comodo Internet Security.
A release candidate is likely today.

While we will be releasing fixed versions of Comodo Cloud Antivirus and Internet Security Essentials today as provided in release candidate preview here.

Captain sticks - Iwas talking about finding the version of Comodo, not Windows - but I have found it now - I just need to know how to get this "Fixed" version they are talking about as the latest version seems to be 6246
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline amapopa

Why Comodo Firewall has an "update" button if it doesn't work?
My version still v6223 and it say that everything is up to date, how come?

Offline gillei

This has cost me hours this morning - it's all right for you Geeks but it's goobledegook for most of us home users!    Windows 10 updates automatically so how can we stop this update until Comodo gets their fix out?

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
Hi amapopa,
Because we have yet not released updates of CIS. So if you have older version, you will have v6223 as latest unless you do fresh installation that will give v6246.

Thanks
-umesh
Why Comodo Firewall has an "update" button if it doesn't work?
My version still v6223 and it say that everything is up to date, how come?

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
Hi gillei,
Updated main post with some steps:

Quote from: umesh

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .
This has cost me hours this morning - it's all right for you Geeks but it's goobledegook for most of us home users!    Windows 10 updates automatically so how can we stop this update until Comodo gets their fix out?

Offline gillei

Umesh - I have the latest version of Windows - new computer is only 2 weeks old - there is NO Pause Updates option any more

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
Please run winver.exe and share OS build and version details.

Umesh - I have the latest version of Windows - new computer is only 2 weeks old - there is NO Pause Updates option any more

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek