Author Topic: Please read before updating to Microsoft Update KB4022716(OS Build 15063.447)  (Read 192340 times)

Offline umesh

• Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • COMODO
Hi All,
We strongly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
- Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below. Bug fixed in v6254 and above. Update Released on 6th Jul, 2017 )
- Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below. Bug fixed in v537 and above. Update Released on 30th Jun, 2017)
- Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below. Bug fixed in v88 and above. Update Released on 30th Jun, 2017)
- Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below. Bug fixed in v99 and above.  Update Released on 6th Jul, 2017 )

Possible Problems:
In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
- May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.

Progress so far as of 30th Jun, 2017:
- We have released updates of fixed version of Comodo Cloud Antivirus(v537) and Internet Security Essentials(v88). You will get updates via respective application.
- We have release candidate of Comodo Internet Security, Comodo Antivirus, Comodo Firewall and Secure Shopping that fix the mentioned incompatibility as:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-v10016250-rc-t119937.0.html

Progress so far as of 6th Jul, 2017:
Release of Comodo Internet Security products have been done in production and thus updates for all affected products have been released:
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-v10016254-released-t120010.0.html

This is scheduled to be released on 5th Jul, 2017 6th Jul, 2017 if all goes well with final testing.

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks
-umesh

<<<29-Jun-17: umesh:  Edit: Added CCAV and ISE release candidate links>>>
<<<30-Jun-17: umesh:  Edit: Added CIS, CAV, CFW and Secure Shopping release candidate link. Added fixed versions of CCAV and ISE>>>
<<<05-Jul-17: umesh:  Edit: Updated expected CIS release date>>>
<<<06-Jul-17: umesh:  Edit: Updated CIS release announcement>>>
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 03:50:24 PM by umesh »

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
It's nice to have an official statement about this issue.
I hope the hotfix will come soon.
Thanks

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Another temporary solution would be to uninstall Secure Shopping to fix not being able to login properly and add web browsers file group to exclusions of detect shellcode injections to fix crashing of certain web browsers.

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
  • Long Live COMODO (Rock-n-Roll) !
Strange, but I have absolutely no problems after the last update. Everything works well.  :-TU

Comodo Internet Security Premium 10.0.1.6258

Offline Scubamaster

What a mess. I just lost a whole day yesterday re-installing 2 W10 PC's that were rendered unusable by the latest update. Not only does it look like COMODO does not test new MS updates or does not receive MS updates in advance for testing but it took until later yesterday for a user (cocalaur) to post the problem - Thanks. I was searching low and high for hours before realizing it was caused by COMODO. Nobody from COMODO support was proactive until this morning to post. I'm using COMODO for many years on several PC's but it gets to the point where it is more trouble than it's worth.  >:(
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 09:24:36 AM by Scubamaster »
AMD FX6300; 16GB RAM; Radeon R7-360 w. latest driver
Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit (all patches)
Comodo Internet Security V10.0.1.6246

Offline loverboy

• Comodo's Hero
I think it happens also on Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64bit
Comodo Firewall 8.4.0.5165

Since KB4022168 update yesterday, Internet Explorer 11 had crashed at least 5 times so far.

If that's the case, do you plan to make a hotfix also for such an old version?  :-\
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 10:36:12 AM by loverboy »
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
NOD32 Antivirus 8.0.319.0
COMODO CIS 8.4.0.5165
Configuration: Proactive Security
Firewall: Custom Ruleset
HIPS: Clean PC Mode
Auto-Sandbox: Disabled

Offline umesh

• Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • COMODO
Hi loverboy,
Fix we have in progress applies to all OS although so far we have validated against Windows 10 so far.

We will check further.

Thanks
-umesh

Since KB4022168 update yesterday, Internet Explorer 11 had crashed at least 5 times so far.

If that's the case, do you plan to make a hotfix also for such an old version?  :-\

Offline Piedone

• Comodo Member
My only problem after this windows update is that Firefox doesn't start up anymore (but it works again using futuretech's solution), no problem with other browsers (chrome, vivaldi, opera, edge).

I have Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6223 and don't have Secure Shopping installed.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 10:43:52 AM by Piedone »

Offline umesh

• Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • COMODO
Release candidates for Comodo Cloud Antivirus and Internet Security Essentials:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-ccav/comodo-cloud-antivirus-v112421501536-rc-t119930.0.html

Please try that out.

Offline umesh

• Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • COMODO
Hi loverboy,
As per:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4022168/windows-7-sp1-windows-server-2008-r2-sp1-update-kb4022168
under Known issues in this update section MS has mentioned following:

'After you install this update, Internet Explorer 11 may crash when you visit some websites. The problem may occur if the website is complex and uses certain web API's.'

Do you see crash problem with IE only or with other browser e.g. Firefox also?

Thanks
-umesh

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
umesh,

Maybe a problem with the servers?

Offline loverboy

• Comodo's Hero
Hi loverboy,
As per:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4022168/windows-7-sp1-windows-server-2008-r2-sp1-update-kb4022168
under Known issues in this update section MS has mentioned following:

Do you see crash problem with IE only or with other browser e.g. Firefox also?

Thanks
-umesh

I use only IE11 so I can't tell if it happens also with other browsers.
Anyway thanks for the Microsoft link... it seems the problem is on their side and they will release some fix sooner or later  :-TU
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
NOD32 Antivirus 8.0.319.0
COMODO CIS 8.4.0.5165
Configuration: Proactive Security
Firewall: Custom Ruleset
HIPS: Clean PC Mode
Auto-Sandbox: Disabled

Offline umesh

• Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • COMODO
Please elaborate.

umesh,

Maybe a problem with the servers?

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
Please elaborate.

Many people complain about problems with updates. Perhaps this is somehow connected.
Unfortunately, I can not say for sure.

Personally, I have no problems.

Offline Ploget

• Comodo's Hero
    • Traditional Protection
Comodo main download pages for CIS Pro etc. 404 error and can't do a clean install now either because of that!
Ploget

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek