Author Topic: Official Comodo Uninstaller v3.0.0.41 Released  (Read 41704 times)

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
Re: Official Comodo Uninstaller v2.0.0.3 Released
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 06:55:01 AM »
Good.
When reinstalling the CIS or installing another antivirus, there is no problem
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 10:57:30 AM »
The registry keys that get left behind can be removed without a problem. They are no longer protected by running processes of CIS nor are there user right limitations that will block you or your favorite registry cleaner from removing them.

Offline DTZ

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 04:06:49 PM »
Hello

On Win XP SP3 Comodo Uninstaller worked flawlessly with CIS 10.0.1.6223 (as a preventive measure Avast antivirus free has been temporarily disabled). Some entries found with CCleaner have been easily deleted without bad effects.
Installed Comodo Firewall 10.0.2.6420 via online installer. Everything works fine now. I've been waiting for a long time for an official uninstaller and this one seems to do a good job.
Thank you very much.

Offline johnm23

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2017, 06:25:31 AM »
Today I had to use the 64-bit version of this uninstaller on a Windows 10 system that was crashing with a blue screen reporting a problem with cmdhlp.sys. This was right after Microsoft's Fall Creator Update (1709). See https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/bsod-windows-10-update-failure-of-cmdhlpsys-update-1709-1001629998-t121162.0.html;msg870145#msg870145.

Booting to Safe Mode (no networking), then running the Comodo uninstaller, then rebooting, I was able to recover. But my network connectivity wouldn't work. It turned out that my network adapter was still binding to an entry called "COMODO Internet Security Firewall Driver". Clearing its checkbox for that entry got me back onto the internet. Looks like the official Comodo uninstaller doesn't do a thorough enough job.

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2017, 10:08:50 AM »
Today I had to use the 64-bit version of this uninstaller on a Windows 10 system that was crashing with a blue screen reporting a problem with cmdhlp.sys. This was right after Microsoft's Fall Creator Update (1709). See https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/bsod-windows-10-update-failure-of-cmdhlpsys-update-1709-1001629998-t121162.0.html;msg870145#msg870145.

Booting to Safe Mode (no networking), then running the Comodo uninstaller, then rebooting, I was able to recover. But my network connectivity wouldn't work. It turned out that my network adapter was still binding to an entry called "COMODO Internet Security Firewall Driver". Clearing its checkbox for that entry got me back onto the internet. Looks like the official Comodo uninstaller doesn't do a thorough enough job.
Booting into safe mode without networking support is why it didn't remove the firewall driver. The uninstaller could not see it being installed due to no network adapters being available or shown as installed when booting into minimal safe mode. I would have renamed cmdhlp.sys when in safe mode then booting normally, and renamed it back to cmdhlp.sys and run the uninstaller tool. Or boot into safe mode with networking.

Offline ZorKas

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2017, 10:57:36 AM »
Hello,
Thank umesh
this program had been missing for a long time  ;)

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 12:14:04 PM »

Booting into safe mode without networking support is why it didn't remove the firewall driver. The uninstaller could not see it being installed due to no network adapters being available or shown as installed when booting into minimal safe mode.
It's an interesting finding in its self.

It may be a point where the uninstaller tool could be improved. People may have an ethernet, wireless and cellular adapters installed but not always switched on together. They may end up with a flaky adapter days or may be weeks after uninstalling CIS and may not necessarily attribute it to having uninstalled CIS.

Offline hkjoj

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2017, 02:31:20 PM »
Thanks

Offline CitCat

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2018, 12:45:11 PM »
I'm having a lot of trouble uninstalling Comodo Firewall. I'm using as second option the official comodo uninstaller tool 2.0.0.3 64 bit to get rid of it, but it doesn't work.

All the Logs of the tool and story behind the uninstall problem can be found here:
https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/firewall-stops-working-after-uninstalling-av-and-cant-get-fixed-anymore-help-t121314.0.html
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 12:56:26 PM by CitCat »

Offline moegren

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2018, 09:44:49 PM »
Comodo was working before uninstalling it. Uninstalled to test whether or not it was causing an issue with a program. Comodo will reinstall but fail to load upon reboot and the repair option doesn't work.

Also during the uninstall using windows uninstaller, the screen goes blank and hangs. So I used "the official Comodo Uninstaller".  But it doesn’t work. Getting "Cannot remove folder  ‘Comodo Folder’ scheduled task. Error 0x80070091” using the official Comodo uninstaller tool; 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 12:03:58 AM by moegren »

Offline sergey.grechko

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2018, 05:53:20 AM »
Comodo was working before uninstalling it. Uninstalled to test whether or not it was causing an issue with a program. Comodo will reinstall but fail to load upon reboot and the repair option doesn't work.

Also during the uninstall using windows uninstaller, the screen goes blank and hangs. So I used "the official Comodo Uninstaller".  But it doesn’t work. Getting "Cannot remove folder  ‘Comodo Folder’ scheduled task. Error 0x80070091” using the official Comodo uninstaller tool;

Hello, moegren.

You can try to delete Comodo folder manually from C:\Windows\System32\Tasks after deleting CIS and rebooting.  Please check it. Do you able to delete it manually? After that install CIS again and check it.

Kind Regards,
Sergey.

Offline moegren

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2018, 10:29:28 PM »
1. Deleted task comodo folder manually; 2. Reran OC uninstaller (showed no issues); 3. Reinstalled comodo but it still doesn't work (saved repair log); 4. Ran windows uninstaller; 5. Reran OC uninstaller (showed no issues); 6. Reran OC uninstaller but it still shows that Comodo is installed. The OC uninstaller isn't cleaning up my Comodo install.

Offline sergey.grechko

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 06:23:11 AM »
1. Deleted task comodo folder manually; 2. Reran OC uninstaller (showed no issues); 3. Reinstalled comodo but it still doesn't work (saved repair log); 4. Ran windows uninstaller; 5. Reran OC uninstaller (showed no issues); 6. Reran OC uninstaller but it still shows that Comodo is installed. The OC uninstaller isn't cleaning up my Comodo install.

Hello, moegren.

Please clarify some details. What do you mean "doesn't work (saved repair log)" - isn't CIS running? Please provide screenshots or video, what exactly occurring. Also provide Windows OS and CIS versions. You should run Comodo Uninstaller several times until you have a message as on the last screenshot:
https://is.gd/rspAFf
https://is.gd/XTo3X1
https://is.gd/Xmc3ej
https://is.gd/m4lSUW

Kind Regards,
Sergey.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 07:08:49 AM by sergey.grechko »

Offline sergey.grechko

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2018, 12:20:36 PM »
Hello, moegren.

Please clarify, does the issue still present?

Kind Regards,
Sergey.

Offline moegren

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2018, 08:23:19 PM »
When I reinstall Comodo, it installs but upon reboot it tells me comodo can't boot and offers to do a diagnostic test and repair which then fails and I generate a report that saves to my desktop. Then I do windows uninstall which now fails (screen goes blank); Then I use Comodo's uninstaller which completes. But if I reboot and run the uninstaller again it still shows an install. I run the uninstaller as administrator. 

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek