New Firewall Alert Sound- Please vote !

Hi All,

This topic is created for you to vote new sound options for the Firewall Alert !

Please check the attached candidates and let us know which one you like.

Thank you

Regards
Buket

[attachment deleted by admin]

Voted for #1.

I like 5. It would be better without the echo at the end, though. Same with 1, I think.

The idea is rough on the edges.

Please consider the following :
i. Multiple alerts, not one, with/containing different sound effect.
ii. Ability to select (from a drop-down list) a different sound pack (eg speech, events-related, not sound effect).

Voted for 1

Sound of my Comodo Alerts

[attachment deleted by admin]

Voted for 1 but really wanted to vote for both 1 and 5, but my question is, why not have them all and let the users choose which one they want to use from a drop-down menu in the advanced general settings? I mean, they’re ~1.3MB in total, not that bad to be honest, considering you bundle additional programs of several MB.

Add them all and let the users choose between them and also let users choose a custom sound file, that’s my vote.

Hi Sanya,

This would be the second step :wink: we may work on it. This was the quickest way to make you feel better in case of a firewall alert :slight_smile:

For your information

Regards
Buket

Please add “I Don’t use Alert Sounds” to the menu.

Hello,

You have game mode option if you wish no sound :slight_smile:

Game mode= Silent Mode

For your kind information

Kind Regards
Buket

I would like Alert Sounds to be optional under FW settings instead of having to go to Game Mode if necessary. I have Alert Sounds turned off under General Settings->User Interface.

@up I think that they’ll stay optional and Buket is talking about alert sound in general (not only a firewall but e.g. HIPS as well).

OK, good to know. I find Alert Sounds annoying.

They all don’t cut it for me. They sound too much like they are taken from a music composition. Alert 2 is most acceptable within what is provided.

I like #5! It sounds cool!

Why not include all 5 and let the user choose them through the program GUI?

I agree, the sounds don’t give me that Comodo feeling… I guess alert #1 would be okay.

Maybe voice sounds like Avast has would be cool :slight_smile:

Alert #1 is OK for me :-TU

+1, why not let them to user choice.

It is similar to Mobile Phone sounds that user can select her/his favorite.
Default sound: #2

Dear All,

Thank you very much for your votes and recommendations.

Please note that we are also discussing to give you the option to choose one of 5 options in near future. For now we will be able to change the sound to a better one, please share your votes with us.

Kind Regards
Buket

add all the sounds and allow choose?