Author Topic: List of current bugs  (Read 2046 times)

Online C.O.M.O.D.O RT

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: List of current bugs
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2021, 03:48:19 AM »
Hi C.O.M.O.D.O RT,

It's easy:
1- Place an exe in the container
2- Reset the container
3- Open the windows event log
4- The error appears

Service Control Manager

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7034</EventID>
  <Version>0</Version>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-09-17T07:23:44.1016317Z" />
  <EventRecordID>77768</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation />
  <Execution ProcessID="872" ThreadID="5768" />
  <Channel>System</Channel>
  <Computer>R****</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data Name="param1">COMODO Virtual Service Manager</Data>
  <Data Name="param2">1</Data>
  <Binary>63006D006400760069007200740068000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 19043.1237 - Comodo CIS Pro v.12.2.2.8012
Hi ZorKas,

We are aware of this issue, i asked for " Renaming a Portset causes disruptions in the rules that use it." which is reported by domo78.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Offline ZorKas

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2021, 06:09:30 AM »
Sorry for my subject error
What I noticed in the management of the firewall rules:
1- In the program rules, I edit a rule then I modify the name of the .exe application then I save the modification with Ok
2- This action must not be because it creates a "ghost application"
3- Consulting the program rules brings up an application that cannot exist for the management of the firewall since the name does not comply (name change)
I think that the name of the applications should not be modified outside the rules
Here is my opinion

« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 06:12:11 AM by ZorKas »

Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 19043.1288 - Comodo CIS Pro v.12.2.2.8012 - Linux 20.2

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2021, 07:33:20 AM »
Hi All,

Is anyone facing this issue which is reported by domo78, if so kindly drop us the steps to reproduce .

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I think domo78 should provide clear steps (in a bug report format or so) how to reproduce this issue as I couldn't reproduce it on my end.

Offline domo78

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2021, 10:29:55 AM »
Hello C.O.M.O.D.O RT,

I sent you by PM a PDF file containing a series of screenshots reproducing the error.

Hopefully this will help.

Online C.O.M.O.D.O RT

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2021, 10:48:01 AM »
Hello C.O.M.O.D.O RT,

I sent you by PM a PDF file containing a series of screenshots reproducing the error.

Hopefully this will help.
Hi domo78,

I will check and update you.

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2021, 11:12:19 AM »
Sorry for my subject error
What I noticed in the management of the firewall rules:
1- In the program rules, I edit a rule then I modify the name of the .exe application then I save the modification with Ok
2- This action must not be because it creates a "ghost application"
3- Consulting the program rules brings up an application that cannot exist for the management of the firewall since the name does not comply (name change)
I think that the name of the applications should not be modified outside the rules
Here is my opinion

I don't think that this is an issue but rather a usable feature.
For example, you could create several different FW rules for the same application and give those FW rules all but one a different (non existent) exe file name. If one FW rule for that particular application doesn't suit your needs then you can simply deactivate that FW rule by renaming the exe file name and activate another FW rule for that same application by changing the exe file name into the real exe file name.

Furthermore I don't think that CIS FW operation will be disturbed or noticeably affected when FW rules contain non existent exe file names which would be the same effect when you have FW rules for applications in place and those applications no longer exist on your system because of uninstallation or manual removal.

Offline ZorKas

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2021, 11:39:47 AM »
I don't think that this is an issue but rather a usable feature.

It seems you don't understand my explanation
If I change the PROGRAM NAME while editing (this is allowed in CIS 8012), for example CCupdate.exe to CCupdat.exe, what does this new name correspond to in the firewall rules ? (since it does not exist in the programs)
Why does the Comodo firewall allow the name of the application to be monitored to be changed ?

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2021, 12:59:32 PM »
It seems you don't understand my explanation
If I change the PROGRAM NAME while editing (this is allowed in CIS 8012), for example CCupdate.exe to CCupdat.exe, what does this new name correspond to in the firewall rules ? (since it does not exist in the programs)
Why does the Comodo firewall allow the name of the application to be monitored to be changed ?

Hmm, I think I did understand your explanation correctly.

I was just trying to explain to you that changing the program name from, for example, CCupdate.exe to CCupdat.exe could be useful in some cases when, for example, you want to try out several FW rules with different FW settings for CCupdate.exe without having to edit one and the same FW rule each and every time.
So you can have multiple FW rules (each with their specific FW settings) for example for (non existent) program names like CCupdate-1.exe, CCupdate-2.exe and CCupdate-3.exe and then change one of those non-existent program names to CCupdate.exe when you want to try out that specific FW rule.

Editing a program name into a non existent program is a valid operation since the same thing also happens when a program is uninstalled from the system but the FW rule for that program is still present / listed.

Please re-read my whole previous post, but maybe things are still unclear.

Offline ZorKas

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2021, 05:24:09 AM »

You have to stop saying nonsense
At no time is there any talk of modifying the NAME of the application in the help

https://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-766-9173-Application-Rules.html

The fact of raising an inconsistency in the management of the Comodo firewall is only for the Staff to take note and inform the developers

!ot!

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2021, 07:34:22 AM »
Hmm, I think I did understand your explanation correctly.

I was just trying to explain to you that changing the program name from, for example, CCupdate.exe to CCupdat.exe could be useful in some cases when, for example, you want to try out several FW rules with different FW settings for CCupdate.exe without having to edit one and the same FW rule each and every time.
So you can have multiple FW rules (each with their specific FW settings) for example for (non existent) program names like CCupdate-1.exe, CCupdate-2.exe and CCupdate-3.exe and then change one of those non-existent program names to CCupdate.exe when you want to try out that specific FW rule.

Editing a program name into a non existent program is a valid operation since the same thing also happens when a program is uninstalled from the system but the FW rule for that program is still present / listed.

Just my two pence on this one. You'd also need to change the File Ratings for these files and you'd need to change the application rules for Comodo if your changing one from that directory. You'd also need to be using Custom Ruleset as the FW Mode.  My guess is that if all your doing is changing the file name without selecting the actual file via Browse, it'd in the background use the same file. More often than not you also need to restart for those rules to work. If you wanted to be alterted by everything, run HIPS in Paranoid mode

I'm no expert, just thinking out loud. At the end of the day, you changing the file name is an action by the user not unknown or malware.

E

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2021, 08:04:27 AM »
Editing the name field of a FW rule was always possible since I started using Comodo from version 2 or 3 till the current version.
Without the ability for the user to the edit the FW rule name field it would also not be possible to create a FW rule for a Folder (see wish Firewall Add Application Rule - Add Folder option to Browse Pulldown Menu) but only for the items presented to the user in the Browse Pulldown Menu which would limit the use case of FW rules very much.

Again, editing the FW rule name field was always possible but obviuosly I'm talking complete nonsense.

Offline domo78

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2021, 02:20:38 PM »

Hello,

Can you add this one to the list :
25. Renaming a Portset causes disruptions in the rules that use it.

C.O.M.O.D.O RT has reproduced the issue.

Thanks

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek