Author Topic: Introducing the New Look of CIS!  (Read 20720 times)

Offline ReeceN

• Comodo's Hero
  • Paranoid B#st#rd - CIA
Re: Introducing the New Look of CIS!
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2020, 07:50:50 AM »
Hard to say...  ???
So many A/V security companies are opting for dumbed down interfaces these days. Personally I'm not a fan of that model. I want GUI details showing what's going on.
One nifty little touch that a copy of Norton Internet Security did (can't remember which version) was to show an active live GUI map of the world, posted in banner format along the bottom of the main GUI interface showing active infections. Infected countries had little lights that twinkled across the map.
As for how this new interface looks, it's hard to say... it's simple, but I'm wondering if this is the "simple user interface"?
How about showing us advanced geeky users what the "advanced interface" will look like?
I hoping to be amazed!  8)
 (CNY)

I do agree (regarding wanting to see the detailed data kept).
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 07:36:06 AM by ReeceN »

Offline pasch

• Comodo Member
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2020, 11:33:49 AM »
the grey fonts with black background is no no, for my... the color in protection i found like a game or something like that, the icons not look bad... the composition is good... but in general, change is good.

Offline pasch

• Comodo Member
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2020, 11:41:25 AM »
BTW, i love the firewall rule windows... nice and easy to work on it...  i founded perfect.

Offline CommodoUser2019

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2020, 02:33:02 PM »
Please don't give us the "dumbed-down" look GUI. With the possible exception of the BASIC View mode. I am not a fan of the devolved flat graphics that appear to be the trend lately, possibly for the purpose of running smoother on lower powered mobile devices.

Offline liosant

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • GOD cure me epilepsy and atrophy - Sou brasileiro!
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2020, 02:40:59 PM »
Hard to say...  ???
So many A/V security companies are opting for dumbed down interfaces these days. Personally I'm not a fan of that model. I want GUI details showing what's going on.
One nifty little touch that a copy of Norton Internet Security did (can't remember which version) was to show an active live GUI map of the world, posted in banner format along the bottom of the main GUI interface showing active infections. Infected countries had little lights that twinkled across the map.
As for how this new interface looks, it's hard to say... it's simple, but I'm wondering if this is the "simple user interface"?
How about showing us advanced geeky users what the "advanced interface" will look like?
 (CNY)
one solution is comodo allow users to choose interface;
create look dark with based in interface "lycie theme", for example...
sorry my english!

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2020, 12:10:18 PM »
I found a minor language error in the Custom Scan screen. In the text in the upper part is says 'thread(s) found' where it should be 'threat(s) found'. The spelling is correct in the sentence at the bottom;"Turn off this computers when no threats are found at the end of the scan".

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2020, 12:13:29 PM »
 (CNY)
Zeynep showed some in this post at page 2.

I would like to see the main screen more informative then is suggested now. In general I want two interfaces to remain: one of the mainstream users and one for the advanced interface.

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2020, 01:16:17 PM »
On a side note. This build will require a testing period given the change in UI.

Will there be an interim build using the current UI with just bug fixes? When will a more current build, 6870 has had update testing, released to the wider audience by the program updater? The wider audience is still on 6818 which was released spring 2019.

No feedback regarding these questions yet?

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
  • Long Live COMODO!
    • Comodo Group
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2020, 01:19:45 AM »
What will the new desktop widget look like?

HP Compaq 6200 Pro Microtower
Canon I-SENSYS MF4140
Windows 11 Pro x64 Build 22478.1000
CIS Premium v.12.2.2.8012
MX Linux 19.4 KDE х64

Offline Zee64

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2020, 06:26:05 AM »
Personally I'm using dark theme only when needed, so unless they won't force me to use it 24/7, I'm fine with it.

Offline Redstraw

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2020, 08:27:59 AM »
Is there any plan that when we will taste this amazing new UI? :)

Offline Ploget

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • 'Your best teacher is your last mistake'
    • Schneier on Security
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2020, 08:40:14 AM »
Nothing definite as yet that we've heard
Is there any plan that when we will taste this amazing new UI? :)
Ploget

All Win 10 x 64 Pro - 21H1 (19043.1288) / CIS 12.2.2.8012
Comodo Forum Policy
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito”

Offline safemode

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2020, 11:28:05 AM »
I hope they will still offer the 'Advanced View' of main interface with more information such as Unrecognized Files, Contained Apps, Blocked intrustions, etc. Some screenshots of it would be nice to have.

Probably it will take a while to release a CIS build with this new interface, judging by the screenshots such as this one which contains placeholder text, those Screenshots seem to be a work in progress from graphical department and are not even finished yet, implementing a new interface into CIS will require coding and testing for possible glitches and if all buttons/options work as expected.

Most likely the next CIS build will just contain minor Bug fixes while they are working on this new interface and also on the Light AV Database feature.

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2020, 11:17:40 PM »
Guys, this topic is about the new UI so please stay on topic. We do not want this to be another feedback topic about other aspects of CIS.

Offline MikeDiack

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2020, 08:27:25 AM »
I appreciate what you are saying, but I want to make feedback to those expending effort on the GUI, that many of us would prefer more effort on fixing core issues rather than yet again fiddling with the GUI.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek