Author Topic: Introducing the New Look of CIS!  (Read 20721 times)

Offline ZorKas

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Introducing the New Look of CIS!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2020, 03:07:52 AM »
What will the 'advanced' screen look like?
Hi,
Same for me
Thank

Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 19043.1288 - Comodo CIS Pro v.12.2.2.8012 - Linux 20.2

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2020, 03:45:30 AM »
What will the 'advanced' screen look like? That's what I'm using, as I bet are most long-term CIS users.

Same for me too.

CIS is principally a desktop PC tool, so lets have a desktop PC UI and not one clearly designed for phones and tablets please.

I certainly agree on this one too!!!
The very clear, tight and small UI design of CIS V5.12 - I loved it and I really do miss that UI so much.
Let us have an option please to choose between a UI designed for Desktop PC (with good old mouse pointing devices) and a UI designed for phones and tablets (for finger or stylus pointing touchscreen devices)

Thank you.

Offline zeynepyildirim

• Administrator
  • Senior Product Manager
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2020, 04:24:13 AM »
Hello,

Thank you all for your feedbacks! These comments are so valuable for us. We are also preparing light theme, I will share light theme screen examples later. I attached some "Settings" screenshots.

Regards,
Product management team

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2020, 05:00:00 AM »
It's a interesting new look. I agree, the CCAV type theme is a good one though brighter text would be good as well as a Advanced View page that's currently available. I like to see how many things have been blocked etc.

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Offline Ploget

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • 'Your best teacher is your last mistake'
    • Schneier on Security
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2020, 05:13:35 AM »
A choice of Themes / Colours is always preferred, but so far these Screenshots are very impressive. A complete change that puts CIS appearance on a par with any of the rest
Thank you all for your feedbacks! These comments are so valuable for us. We are also preparing light theme, I will share light theme screen examples later. I attached some "Settings" screenshots.

Regards,
Product management team
Ploget

All Win 10 x 64 Pro - 21H1 (19043.1288) / CIS 12.2.2.8012
Comodo Forum Policy
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito”

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2020, 06:40:22 AM »
Yes please, share the same screenshots so far in light theme too.

In the dark theme I find the dark grey check boxes / pull down items / text menu tabs (such as Excluded path/Excluded Applications etc.) very hard to distinguish from the background and are therefore very hard and a pain to read.
I think more users will have some problems with this color palette.

As a wish, make the color palette adjustable somehow.

Also, increase the size of the smallest font used with a few points.

Offline ZorKas

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2020, 08:05:18 AM »
Is the KillSwicht gateway present because I use it often ?
Thank

Edit:Will advanced mode be available ?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 08:13:23 AM by ZorKas »

Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 19043.1288 - Comodo CIS Pro v.12.2.2.8012 - Linux 20.2

Offline comblaster

• Comodo Member
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2020, 08:18:47 AM »
Looks nice to me. Keep it up. Any ETA please?

Offline Born

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2020, 11:37:59 AM »
What will the 'advanced' screen look like? That's what I'm using, as I bet are most long-term CIS users.

CIS is principally a desktop PC tool, so lets have a desktop PC UI and not one clearly designed for phones and tablets please.

+1  Will add I don't really like how the ui looks in those screenshots so hopefully we will have the option to keep the ui we're using now once its final.

Offline liosant

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • GOD cure me epilepsy and atrophy - Sou brasileiro!
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2020, 11:56:42 AM »
Is the KillSwicht gateway present because I use it often ?
Thank

Edit:Will advanced mode be available ?

it is like for users advanced... :-TU
Will advanced mode be available ?

Offline ReeceN

• Comodo's Hero
  • Paranoid B#st#rd - CIA
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2020, 12:56:16 PM »
Hello,

Regards,
Product management team

Absolutely love these!

You've kept all the options grouped reasonably similar to what they currently are for consistency, but haven't been scared of modifying the UI and UX.

I would suggest two Modes Simple and Advanced.

Simple could use the home screen as is, Advanced could add HIPS into the home screen.

None tech savvy users won't want to modify HIPS much but tech savvy users will.

Can't wait to see this added!

P.s. Also you seem to have lost the statistics on the home screen i.e. Network Intrusions, Contained Apps, etc.

I would at the very least add these as text under the corresponding large buttons or what I would find much more useful would be to create a live statistics page accessible from the home screen. Think live summary graph e.g. How many firewall alerts per day/minute at what time in a live graph form (something like GlassWire) and total stat figures for each module HIPS, Containment, AV, etc. Would be very useful for pinpointing attacks without crawling the log.

If you are going to update the theme, you may as well upgrade the usefulness of it whilst you're at it!

P.s. 2 It also appears not all settings are accessible via the settings panel i.e. Firewall and Auto-Containment. In my opinion it would be a bad idea to separate these, as the UX of the current Settings layout is actually near to perfect. It doesn't need changing, nor in my opinion should it be.

Keep the settings together, no need to make it more confusing.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 01:56:44 PM by ReeceN »

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2020, 03:27:38 PM »
Zeynep, welcome here at the forums.

I do like the new UI; it brings CIS more on par with current design trend(s), tablet like as some already commented. Of course there is room for improvement but I like foundation of the new style. :)

The Basic View of the main screen could do with some extra information like in the current UI. I do like the color black but think other colors should be made available to suit other people's preferences.

as well as a Advanced View page that's currently available. I like to see how many things have been blocked etc.
+1

CIS has two faces. One for the mainstream user who does not want and need much information and one for the advanced users who prefer more detailed information. I always have the UI in Advanced View as many others here at the forums.

I would much rather you learn how to save dialog and window positions and especially column widths for every window
+1 for remembering column width

First thing that comes to my mind by looking at these screenshots is that all icons are too big. This is not necessarily a bad thing when taking into account visually impaired users, however if you scale the size of every icon, picture and also main interface 'Protection status' to around 30% less size, would be a step in the right direction.
Especially the icon in the Protection screen.  That page could do with some more information.

Also, increase the size of the smallest font used with a few points.
+1

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2020, 03:31:49 PM »
On a side note. This build will require a testing period given the change in UI.

Will there be an interim build using the current UI with just bug fixes? When will a more current build, 6870 has had update testing, released to the wider audience by the program updater? The wider audience is still on 6818 which was released spring 2019.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 03:55:28 PM by EricJH »

Offline CommodoUser2019

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2020, 07:38:28 PM »
I'm a fan of DARK interfaces, but not necessarily BLACK interfaces. I find BLACK interfaces can be difficult to read and may lack sufficient contrast. Here is an example of a DARK interface that shows DARK and BLACK are not the same. I think it is fairly easy to read and a good example for a DARK theme.

Offline Dustyn

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2020, 06:03:18 PM »
Hard to say...  ???
So many A/V security companies are opting for dumbed down interfaces these days. Personally I'm not a fan of that model. I want GUI details showing what's going on.
One nifty little touch that a copy of Norton Internet Security did (can't remember which version) was to show an active live GUI map of the world, posted in banner format along the bottom of the main GUI interface showing active infections. Infected countries had little lights that twinkled across the map.
As for how this new interface looks, it's hard to say... it's simple, but I'm wondering if this is the "simple user interface"?
How about showing us advanced geeky users what the "advanced interface" will look like?
I hoping to be amazed!  8)
 (CNY)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 06:07:36 PM by Dustyn »

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek