Author Topic: Comodo: Realtime Protection Hero thanks to Unique Default Deny Platform!  (Read 22370 times)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
Re: Comodo: Realtime Protection Hero !
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 10:32:00 AM »
No Melih, the question is: "based on AV Test Protection tests, is Comodo the best or there are other products with the same protection level?"
Here it's not a matter of default deny or default allow, it's a metter of results from the same test.

In the past you yourself said that this kind of tests are meaningless because they are based on a limited number of malware. If so, why Comodo makes advertisement based on it?

I agree...these test are meaningless and whats important is the Product architecture "Default Deny" vs "Default Allow".

As to why advertisement...you can ask Buket :)

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 10:34:20 AM »
Is it really advertisement or just informative for those that rely on test results?

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 10:35:39 AM »
btw...I don't think Comodo can win...
If we say Architecture matter etc...then people say yeah but how about av test scores etc...:)
You can't please everyone!

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 10:39:29 AM »
I agree...these test are meaningless and whats important is the Product architecture "Default Deny" vs "Default Allow".

Sorry Buket, I don't wanna make troubles to you :)

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 10:43:14 AM »
btw...I don't think Comodo can win...
If we say Architecture matter etc...then people say yeah but how about av test scores etc...:)

We all know that Comodo has the best protection approach, what I think it's that we (also myself) should avoid misleading statements that someone can rebut :)

Offline ZorKas

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 11:02:58 AM »
I think anyone using Comodo product agrees with this. But this is not the point here.
So how should be treated here ?

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 11:08:53 AM »
So how should be treated here ?

Like this

No Melih, the question is: "based on AV Test Protection tests, is Comodo the best or there are other products with the same protection level?"
Here it's not a matter of default deny or default allow, it's a matter of results from the same test.

Offline ZorKas

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 11:09:03 AM »
The problem is  ;)
Comodo is  :-TU

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
Just some information for the benefit of those that don't know.
http://www.computerworld.com/article/2917384/malware-vulnerabilities/antivirus-test-labs-call-out-chinese-security-company-as-cheat.html
AV‐Comparatives, AV‐TEST and Virus Bulletin concluded that Qihoo had provided a customized version of its security software to them -- they received the software from the Chinese company because the programs are not widely available outside the PRC -- that replaced the company's own antivirus engine with the one created by Romanian security firm BitDefender.

"After several requests for specific information on the use of third‐party engines, it was eventually confirmed that the engine configuration submitted for testing differed from that available by default to users," the three labs said in a joint statement (download PDF).

That skewed the results in Qihoo's favor. "According to all test data, [Quihoo using its own engine] would provide a considerably lower level of protection and a higher likelihood of false positives," the labs said.

http://www.scmp.com/tech/apps-gaming/article/1786698/qihoo-cuts-ties-three-antivirus-testing-firms-software-dispute
Qihoo denied manipulation, saying the configuration of the software was clearly declared when it submitted it for the tests.
It said in the public version of its software, its own engine is used because most of its users have phones with a low computing power. But the software given to the labs used a third-party engine “to satisfy lab conditions”.

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
https://blog.360totalsecurity.com/en/qihoo-360-statement-regarding-cheating-in-lab-test/

The allegation highlights that the default configuration of the product available for the public, differs from the configuration used by the labs for testing. This configuration was explicitly declared upon submission of the tests, and was thereafter confirmed by the test labs.

In the public version, 3rd party engine is off by default, in the consideration that the majority of our users, are running on lower computing power. To satisfy lab conditions, the consideration of power constraint was therefore discarded. In any case, no alleged comment indicates that the level of protection from the product, is lower than the records achieved during the testing sessions.

By the way, the one year ban has finished now, that's why av test is testing their software again.

CIS scored high in matousec firewall tests, but they didn't use CIS default configuration (internet security), but proactive security. And nobody said comodo was cheating because you can manually adjust the settings to get that protection level, as well as you can manually enable Bitdefender and Avira engines on Qihoo 360 (I personally don't feel the need to do that, most of 0-day threats can be caught by the QVM engine, which performs behavior and heuristic analysis)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 02:50:33 AM by Jon79 »

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
Please check below chart and see our difference among other "Free" products .  Comodo is the best !

Hi BuketB,

when can we see the comparison between all the free products tested by av-test?

Thanks

Offline ZorKas

• Comodo's Hero
Hi Jon79
Comodo is multilingual  :)
Qihoo 360 is not French  ???
No French media forum Qihoo 360  :embarassed:
join them ?  :-\
Think before you write
ZorKas (french)

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
Think before you write

Hi Dennis2,

what about this comment?

Thanks

Offline ZorKas

• Comodo's Hero
Hi Dennis2,

what about this comment ?

Thanks
Here is a Comodo forum (multilingual)
and no forum Qihoo 360
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 07:31:51 AM by ZorKas »

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
Here is a Comodo forum (multilingual)
and no forum Qihoo 360

Hi ZorKas,

I think you misunderstood me, I was referring to this sentence:

Think before you write

More precisely, I was wondering how that sentence matches with Comodo Forum Policy.

Best regards

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek