Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security V8.2.0.4703 (Chrome Hotfix) is released!  (Read 20296 times)

Offline Antone

• Comodo Family Member
Re: Comodo Internet Security V8.2.0.4703 (Chrome Hotfix) is released!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2015, 10:57:26 AM »
Yes you are right.  Here is when Vista and other OS will no longer have MS support:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/lifecycle   .  If the link is unclickable, then copy and paste it into your default browser.  Windows XP is definately out of the picture. 

Offline Gikolore

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 01:05:29 PM »
This update is for the CESM also ??

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 01:15:56 PM »
This update is for the CESM also ??
It's in the making:
Hi,

Yes, we are aware and working on permanent fix for CES as well. In the mean time, you can basicly add Chrome to Shell Code injection exclusion list under active profile.

[...]

Best regards,
Ilker

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »
Doesn't work for me.  It only works if I have Chrome in the exclusions still, and/or rename it.  Have updated to this version, and rebooted afterwards

Exactly the same problem affect Vivaldi web browser (based on Chrome code), with the same solution.  Works better from the executable - my start menu shortcut never works any more (yes, it's still pointing at the correct .exe).

Windows 7 64bit, Chrome 45/46, latest version of Vivaldi snapshots.

Honestly, I just want to TURN THIS OFF.  Comodo should NOT be affecting programs when I turn off that "detect shellcode" option, at all, whatsoever.  That's the core of the problem, not what the filename is or what Comodo thinks it is.
I tested on Windows 7 x64 and the latest Vivaldi snapshot, 1.0.264.3 , and Vivaldi starts normally.

Can you check the version number of CIS and guard64.dll (system32 folder) and guard32.dll (SysWOW64 folder)?

Offline ledow

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2015, 01:57:22 PM »
Guard64 - 8.2.0.4703
Guard32 - 8.2.0.4703

Vivaldi 1.0.252.3  - Prompts for update but cannot download update because of problem.  Cannot start browser.
Latest snapshot: v.1.0.270.16  - Downloaded 32-bit setup, it installs but each run prompts for the same update.

Chrome latest stable, and then updated to Version 46.0.2490.22 beta-m (64-bit) - same problems with trying to start it still.  Often get tabs that never load and all extensions "crash" (even no extensions enabled).

Exclusions listed on CIS.  Also renamed executables.  Desktop/Start Menu shortcuts NEVER work.  Sometimes can coax it into working by killing processes and running the renamed .exe direct but the next time it will just do exactly the same.

Never happened prior to Chrome 45.

Have rebooted several times (SSD, so it takes literally a few seconds).

Honestly - JUST GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY OF LOADING EXECUTABLES LISTED ON THE EXCLUSION LIST.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2015, 03:16:12 PM »
Guard64 - 8.2.0.4703
Guard32 - 8.2.0.4703

Vivaldi 1.0.252.3  - Prompts for update but cannot download update because of problem.  Cannot start browser.
Latest snapshot: v.1.0.270.16  - Downloaded 32-bit setup, it installs but each run prompts for the same update.

Chrome latest stable, and then updated to Version 46.0.2490.22 beta-m (64-bit) - same problems with trying to start it still.  Often get tabs that never load and all extensions "crash" (even no extensions enabled).

Exclusions listed on CIS.  Also renamed executables.  Desktop/Start Menu shortcuts NEVER work.  Sometimes can coax it into working by killing processes and running the renamed .exe direct but the next time it will just do exactly the same.

Never happened prior to Chrome 45.

Have rebooted several times (SSD, so it takes literally a few seconds).

Honestly - JUST GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY OF LOADING EXECUTABLES LISTED ON THE EXCLUSION LIST.
That is a different problem than the browser crashing on start up. If I understand correctly Chrome is freezing on start up but it will start. When it runs part of the time tabs are not loading and extensions crash (although not enabled). Excluding them in CIS does not help.

It looks like the problem may not be with CIS. Are you willing to uninstall CIS and see if the problem persists or not? Don't forget to export your active configuration to a folder that is not part of the CIS installation folder in case you want to import it.

Offline yro

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 05:14:11 PM »
ok. tried this chrome edition on windows 10 pro x64 fresh install and cis do not works. the main gui sometimes freeze and the firewall is making strange things with network adapter. when disabling the cis network driver my network works again.

time to cis 9 shows up with windows 10 "real" compatibility...
Sorry about my english.. :P

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2015, 05:24:22 PM »
ok. tried this chrome edition on windows 10 pro x64 fresh install and cis do not works. the main gui sometimes freeze and the firewall is making strange things with network adapter. when disabling the cis network driver my network works again.

time to cis 9 shows up with windows 10 "real" compatibility...
Can you run Diagnostics and see what it reports?

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2015, 05:43:13 PM »
yro, it sounds to me like you've got a problem with Windows registry
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Bah! Ban 'em all! The only good member is a banned member
And a member is just a policy violator who hasn't been caught yet. >:-D

Offline yro

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2015, 10:32:22 PM »
yro, it sounds to me like you've got a problem with Windows registry

turns out that was something related to some registry entries faulting. I deleted some cis related entries, reinstalled cis and its working now.

the problem is that its supposed to work out of the box and in my case windows 10 was just installed (oh! all updates installed too before cis installation). cis didnt work. thats the problem.

imagine if all users need to have advanced tech knowledge (to dig into windows registry) to just install cis... its going to be, atleast, a pain in the n$ts...

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2015, 10:42:38 PM »
Do you recall what entries you deleted from the registry?

Offline yro

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2015, 01:09:45 PM »
Do you recall what entries you deleted from the registry?

everyones related to network adapter, tap adapter, cis-tray entries, shell extension entries and (dont remember well) I guess some entry related to cis startup processes.

I didnt deleted the hole comodo flags on registry. I deleted only some entries in the comodo entry folders of registries. (dont know if im writing right)

Offline yro

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2015, 09:20:34 PM »
its 11/09/2015 and nothing about cis 9 beta BuketB?

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2015, 07:16:23 AM »
Yro, what have you and many others been told countless times?
It will be released only when it is ready. You will be notified when this is.
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Bah! Ban 'em all! The only good member is a banned member
And a member is just a policy violator who hasn't been caught yet. >:-D

Offline yro

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2015, 11:07:53 AM »
Yro, what have you and many others been told countless times?
It will be released only when it is ready. You will be notified when this is.

I know that and thats sad.. :( But I cant help. I neeeeeeeeeed to ask!!! Special when BuketB told us it will be released on the first week of the month... :(

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek