Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security v11.0.0.6744 – Released  (Read 33505 times)

Offline NDABBRU

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Internet Security v11.0.0.6744 – Released
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2019, 02:06:16 PM »
Has the problem of slowness when starting up the PC with the icon (and related processes) in the status bar started after a few minutes on non-recent PCs?

Thank you!
Nunzio.
Bye!
Nunzio

Offline rmcohen

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2019, 02:38:19 PM »
I allowed CIS to perform the update from v10 to 11 a few days ago, and everything seems to be running smoothly. The one bug fix I am benefiting from is the unexpected closure of the virtual desktop. It has not closed down on me now after a few days.

I realize that an auto-update to v11 has been a long time coming, but I prefer the wait when it translates into stable and secure code. I want to thank the development team for all their hard work!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 04:51:33 PM by rmcohen »
Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 21H2, build 19044.1466 (hyper-threading disabled)
0Patch Agent free 21.05.05.10500
Comodo Firewall 12.2.2.8012
Microsoft Defender Antivirus
HMP.A 3.8.19 Build 923
VoodooShield 7.00
Google Chrome  97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) run in Comodo sandbox

Offline mandhi

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2019, 03:57:05 AM »
Please, has anyone upgraded from CIS 10 to CIS 11.0.0.6744 on Windows 7 64 bit? Did it work? Thank you.

Offline lcke

• Comodo Member
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2019, 03:58:43 PM »
I have done the update on Windows 7 32bit ; no problems !!
Good job Comodo  :-TU ;)

Offline mandhi

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2019, 04:29:29 AM »

Thank you Icke!   :D :-TU

Offline mandhi

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2019, 04:13:31 AM »

It did not work for me: CIS 10.2.0.6526 for CIS 11.0.0.6744. cis.exe did not start even after several reboots! I came back by restoring the system to CIS 10 !!!

Windows 7 64 bit

:-[

Offline deepcut

• Comodo Member
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2019, 06:30:18 PM »
Has the problem of slowness when starting up the PC with the icon (and related processes) in the status bar started after a few minutes on non-recent PCs?
I'm not sure if I understand what you're asking but..
It's my understanding that because Comodo runs at a driver and service level, it is still working in the background even if the Comodo icon is not yet loaded in the system tray.
The system tray icon and the interface that opens when you click it allow you to respond to new alerts and change settings, but are not required for Comodo to still enforce the existing config via the driver/service.

Offline jagth8

« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2019, 10:47:07 PM »
To be absolutely honest, you must finally add anti ransomware protection [plus file decryption]
and the user interface need rebuild to be easier to navigate, to create ruleset and so on, for me comodo is too complicated, because I got spoiled by 'click the window/chose from app/directory list to create a rule' behavioral, it's so simple and easy and comodo is lacking into it [your options are really not that simple]

EDIT;

I forgot to mention, your auto sandbox shows as filled even if I click to run outside of it, also your behavioral blocker is annoying, it blocks files [or at least adds them to the block list] automatically and the user must non stop unlocking them, even explorer...

also your sandbox is too complicated to use, I still did not figured out where I download files from my browser inside of it, you must make it easier like sandboxie

EDIT;

by behavioral blocker I mean that section with the list of limited files where you can unlock them, I used default protection and this thing is annoying, why comodo is doing that? I was unlocking windows explorer multiple times [yes I checked all as trusted, also it does not make sense, because after reputation scan everything should be seen as clean]
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 11:28:25 PM by jagth8 »

Offline ubuysa

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2019, 03:17:13 AM »
To be absolutely honest, you must finally add anti ransomware protection [plus file decryption]
and the user interface need rebuild to be easier to navigate, to create ruleset and so on, for me comodo is too complicated, because I got spoiled by 'click the window/chose from app/directory list to create a rule' behavioral, it's so simple and easy and comodo is lacking into it [your options are really not that simple]

EDIT;

I forgot to mention, your auto sandbox shows as filled even if I click to run outside of it, also your behavioral blocker is annoying, it blocks files [or at least adds them to the block list] automatically and the user must non stop unlocking them, even explorer...

also your sandbox is too complicated to use, I still did not figured out where I download files from my browser inside of it, you must make it easier like sandboxie

EDIT;

by behavioral blocker I mean that section with the list of limited files where you can unlock them, I used default protection and this thing is annoying, why comodo is doing that? I was unlocking windows explorer multiple times [yes I checked all as trusted, also it does not make sense, because after reputation scan everything should be seen as clean]

Comodo does have ransomware protection, it's in the containment feature (the sandbox). Unknown process like ransomware run in containment by default where they can do no harm (as long as you have it enabled and configured properly).

I suggest that you spend some time becoming familiar with how the many CIS features work and how to use the tools available. CIS isn't an easy tool to use at first because it's so powerful and configurable and you're not the first to feel swamped by the options available. I would suggest that you focus on one aspect of CIS at a time (so firewall, then containment, then antivirus) and be sure you understand how to use the options in each before activating the others. Personally, and as long as containment is enabled, I would disable HIPS.

Offline jagth8

« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2019, 03:30:48 AM »
I understand, but you really should consider make it cleaner and simpler for non advanced users, just like windows or mac, both are powerful and easy in a nutshell, also I beg you, optimize it for devices from 2013 [at least] because literally trend micro is lighter for me than comodo or kaspersky, I'm going change device for newer, but in future I will like to buy something older, I believe that late 2013-2014 devices are maximum you could support and optimize for. In future I will or buy premium or send you support, because I love your great job, I know you probably will not consider it to keep in the long term memory but work harder to defeat this kasp... sh...t

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2019, 05:12:22 PM »
Comodo does have ransomware protection, it's in the containment feature (the sandbox). Unknown process like ransomware run in containment by default where they can do no harm (as long as you have it enabled and configured properly).
That work fine too.

Theres more then one way to protect important files (like stuff for taxes, insurance, whatever)
I used "Protected Files" a step by step with pictures below.
https://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-766-9186-Protected-Files.html
It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Offline ocrami

« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2019, 02:10:35 AM »
In the previous pages I learned that other users have lately succeeded in "auto-updating" from v10 to v11.
My Free Comodo FW (firewall only) v10.1.0.6476, however, still tells me I can auto-update just to version 10.2.0.6526.

Does that mean I still have to wait?
Or shall I necessarily update to 10.2.0.6526 to make the v11 update become available?

Offline ubuysa

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2019, 04:04:38 AM »
I understand, but you really should consider make it cleaner and simpler for non advanced users, just like windows or mac, both are powerful and easy in a nutshell, also I beg you, optimize it for devices from 2013 [at least] because literally trend micro is lighter for me than comodo or kaspersky, I'm going change device for newer, but in future I will like to buy something older, I believe that late 2013-2014 devices are maximum you could support and optimize for. In future I will or buy premium or send you support, because I love your great job, I know you probably will not consider it to keep in the long term memory but work harder to defeat this kasp... sh...t

I don't work for Comodo, I'm just a long term user. I've no idea where you get the idea that Comodo can't support devices later than 2013-2014 from? It's nonsense. It's running now on my custom built 2017 PC just as it's run on every PC/laptop I've had over the last couple of decades.

I understand your 'complaint' that CIS is complex to setup but you can have the kind of flexibility and configuration options without some degree of complexity. As I said earlier, CIS takes time to become familiar with but it's time well spent.

Offline igorb

« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2019, 05:24:04 AM »
In the previous pages I learned that other users have lately succeeded in "auto-updating" from v10 to v11.
My Free Comodo FW (firewall only) v10.1.0.6476, however, still tells me I can auto-update just to version 10.2.0.6526.

Does that mean I still have to wait?
Or shall I necessarily update to 10.2.0.6526 to make the v11 update become available?

You must update to 6526, and then you will receive an update to 6744

Offline Darwin4Ever

• Comodo Member
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2019, 03:58:10 PM »
As CIS detected a new version : Where are the downloads for the new v11.0.0.6744 HOTFIX release ?
Why doesn't it have a different release-number ? Now it's confusing
BTW: I redownloaded v11.0.0.6744 Offline : it's exactly the same as the original release

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek