Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security v11.0.0.6710 – Released  (Read 24534 times)

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Internet Security v11.0.0.6710 – Released
« Reply #225 on: October 29, 2018, 01:56:35 PM »
The issue of rules being gone when using training mode or enable create rules for trusted applications, is that at reboot when rules are being created it does not finish being saved in the registry so it gets erased. Also if you create your own rules then switch to training mode those rules will be overridden by training mode. So don't keep training mode enabled when you shutdown or reboot the system.

Offline kingsolomon

« Reply #226 on: October 29, 2018, 02:07:27 PM »
The issue of rules being gone when using training mode or enable create rules for trusted applications, is that at reboot when rules are being created it does not finish being saved in the registry so it gets erased. Also if you create your own rules then switch to training mode those rules will be overridden by training mode. So don't keep training mode enabled when you shutdown or reboot the system.

Thanks Futurtech, I am trying this. I also forgot to mention another problem that I see.  I see that if I install new programs now Comodo no more sends me the pop up requesting what to do with the process .I just installed again my office suite for an update and there was no request at all from hips.

Offline pmikep

• Comodo Member
« Reply #227 on: October 29, 2018, 02:33:54 PM »
Ahh. thanks. It is true that sometimes I leave HIPS set to Training Mode when I shut down Windows.

BUT - I do this because sometimes it seems that Comodo is preventing an orderly shutdown of Windows. That is, if I don't let HIPS Train during a shutdown, then I get a very long "Logging Off" screen from Windows  - with no spinning icon - and hardly any "Shutting Down" screen. (Although it does eventually shut down.)

If I let it train through a Shutdown, then it seems to shutdown normally after that, even when I'm back in Safe Mode.

Similarly, whenever I update my Nvidia Driver, there's always a HIPS pop up just after shutdown starts. (Something about Nvidia's context driver.) I can't always click on Allow soon enough. So I've had to leave HIPS in Training Mode to allow that automatically.

In a way I can kind of see why things like this happens - there are processes that get called when Windows shuts down and a good Firewall tool has got to catch those, or else the bad guys will do all their attacks during shut down. So it's kind of a Catch-22 situation. How can I get a clean shut down if HIPS asks whether to Allow some of the shutdown processes while shutting down?

Last, it seems to me that Training Mode ought to add to the Rules that the user has already Allowed, including changing any Blocked Rules to Allow in Training Mode. (As opposed to erasing all previous Rules created in Safe (or Paranoid).)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 02:37:03 PM by pmikep »

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #228 on: October 29, 2018, 05:45:12 PM »
Thanks Futurtech, I am trying this. I also forgot to mention another problem that I see.  I see that if I install new programs now Comodo no more sends me the pop up requesting what to do with the process .I just installed again my office suite for an update and there was no request at all from hips.
You shouldn't in majority of cases ever get HIPS alerts from trusted applications if HIPS is set to safe mode.

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #229 on: October 29, 2018, 05:49:32 PM »
Ahh. thanks. It is true that sometimes I leave HIPS set to Training Mode when I shut down Windows.

BUT - I do this because sometimes it seems that Comodo is preventing an orderly shutdown of Windows. That is, if I don't let HIPS Train during a shutdown, then I get a very long "Logging Off" screen from Windows  - with no spinning icon - and hardly any "Shutting Down" screen. (Although it does eventually shut down.)

If I let it train through a Shutdown, then it seems to shutdown normally after that, even when I'm back in Safe Mode.

Similarly, whenever I update my Nvidia Driver, there's always a HIPS pop up just after shutdown starts. (Something about Nvidia's context driver.) I can't always click on Allow soon enough. So I've had to leave HIPS in Training Mode to allow that automatically.

In a way I can kind of see why things like this happens - there are processes that get called when Windows shuts down and a good Firewall tool has got to catch those, or else the bad guys will do all their attacks during shut down. So it's kind of a Catch-22 situation. How can I get a clean shut down if HIPS asks whether to Allow some of the shutdown processes while shutting down?

Last, it seems to me that Training Mode ought to add to the Rules that the user has already Allowed, including changing any Blocked Rules to Allow in Training Mode. (As opposed to erasing all previous Rules created in Safe (or Paranoid).)
What you need to do is make sure whatever is being blocked at shutdown, you check to make sure the file rating is trusted for that application. Or you check the HIPS event logs to see what was blocked and what it was blocked from doing, that way you can either just use the unblock application task, or you create the HIPS rule manually for the application being blocked.

Offline pmikep

• Comodo Member
« Reply #230 on: October 30, 2018, 10:01:54 AM »
What you need to do is make sure whatever is being blocked at shutdown, you check to make sure the file rating is trusted for that application. Or you check the HIPS event logs to see what was blocked and what it was blocked from doing, that way you can either just use the unblock application task, or you create the HIPS rule manually for the application being blocked.
Thanks! Probably what's complicating this in my situation is that I've disabled the "Trust applications signed by Trusted Vendors."
I'm not sure that the bad guys can't forge signatures.
In the meantime, I'm looking for the "unblock application" task. (It would be nice if I could somehow unblock a task from the log file by clicking on something, as if it were a Rule.)

Offline pmikep

• Comodo Member
« Reply #231 on: October 30, 2018, 01:14:19 PM »
I found "Unblock Applications." Right on the front screen. (I always go to Advanced Tasks. That's why I didn't see it.)

Looks it it's exactly what I need.

Thanks!

Offline aldist

• Comodo Member
« Reply #232 on: October 31, 2018, 02:50:10 AM »
...then I get a very long "Logging Off" screen from Windows...
To make entries in the HIPS logs about events (processes) that prevent the computer from shutting down, try this options:
Perform a few reboots, and after each of them, carefully study the HIPS logs. So I managed to solve the problem with a long shutdown.
Special attention to anti-virus processes.

Offline ghostza

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #233 on: October 31, 2018, 05:49:43 AM »
CIS does not show correct traffic. On Windows 1803 and CIS 11.0.0.6710.
As seen in screenshot CIS shows 508KB/s traffic while it is doing 23.36MB/S. 

Offline pmikep

• Comodo Member
« Reply #234 on: October 31, 2018, 10:26:18 AM »
To make entries in the HIPS logs about events (processes) that prevent the computer from shutting down, try this options:
Perform a few reboots, and after each of them, carefully study the HIPS logs. So I managed to solve the problem with a long shutdown.
Special attention to anti-virus processes.
Thanks! I don't use an anti-virus, but it seems that Windows itself starts processes at shutdown that can hose things up. (For example, if you run Disk Cleanup, there is a "pending process" that has to complete on shutdown - and on the next startup. (Thanks to nuhi of ntlite for showing me that.))

Offline christarzan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #235 on: October 31, 2018, 11:03:57 AM »
I think this has been answered somewhere but do we get the latest update from the main comodo website or here?

For example, is .6710 the latest?

Thanks guys.

Offline Eugene 66

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #236 on: October 31, 2018, 02:19:02 PM »
I do not see the file with the databases in the folder scanners
Only there is a default -- bases.cav 9 879 kb.

Where can I see the database file? The latest update: - 29907
-------------------

« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 03:11:40 PM by Eugene 66 »

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #237 on: October 31, 2018, 02:55:02 PM »
The installer has version number 6728. Comodo may be gearing up for an update. Keep an eye on this board to see if a new release topic is getting started.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #238 on: October 31, 2018, 10:47:02 PM »
And indeed we have the expected update to 6728. I am locking this topic now.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek