Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security v11.0.0.6606 - Released  (Read 82091 times)

Offline pmikep

• Comodo Member
Re: Comodo Internet Security v11.0.0.6606 - Released
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2018, 07:31:59 PM »
Regarding the issue that I reported yesterday about Comodo 11 and Dragon NaturallySpeaking:  Apparently the problem was the "nut behind the wheel."

I made a video showing the problem where Dragon wouldn't initially completely start due to HIPS. But when I recorded another take of the video (to get it focus, better exposure, etc.), the problem stopped.

Looking back through my first video, it seems that I did not click "Allow Application" on a second pop up of HIPS. (Although why I didn't get repeat pop-ups the first time until Dragon opened is unclear.)

I thought maybe that the problem fixed itself due to Superfetch getting smarter about opening Dragon. So I restored an image of Windows 7 to try to re-create the problem. But I can't reproduce the problem now. (That's making sure that the HIPS Rules are cleared, etc.)

So for now I'll close this informal issue. (Although if you want to see Part I of the fuzzy video, it's here. (Might have to download it if the site won't stream. jmp.sh/rjCtjs4 )

Sorry for the inconvenience. (Kind of ironic that I'm dictating this into my virtualized browser via Dragon, when I cannot cut and paste to my browser from Windows.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 07:48:43 PM by pmikep »

Offline mightythor

• Comodo Member
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2018, 03:05:20 AM »
CIS is crashing at program start. Each time. I tried a complete and clean reinstall to default folders and have no other antimalware/antivirus/firewall-programs running. I cannot read the dmp-file ("third party error"), but the file is called cistray.exe.####.dmp, (# = numbers), so I guess, the cistray.exe is the problem.
I have a Win7 64bit system.

CIS10 worked absolutely perfect on my machine.

Is it possible to get (for the meanwhile) CIS10 instead of CIS11. Perhaps the utomatic update (in the next week(s)) will circumvent my problem.

Where can I find CIS Version 10? (I don's find it anymore ... CIS11 is everywhere).

Thanks

Offline ubuysa

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2018, 03:24:44 AM »
Regarding the issue that I reported yesterday about Comodo 11 and Dragon NaturallySpeaking:  Apparently the problem was the "nut behind the wheel."

I made a video showing the problem where Dragon wouldn't initially completely start due to HIPS. But when I recorded another take of the video (to get it focus, better exposure, etc.), the problem stopped.

Looking back through my first video, it seems that I did not click "Allow Application" on a second pop up of HIPS. (Although why I didn't get repeat pop-ups the first time until Dragon opened is unclear.)

I thought maybe that the problem fixed itself due to Superfetch getting smarter about opening Dragon. So I restored an image of Windows 7 to try to re-create the problem. But I can't reproduce the problem now. (That's making sure that the HIPS Rules are cleared, etc.)

So for now I'll close this informal issue. (Although if you want to see Part I of the fuzzy video, it's here. (Might have to download it if the site won't stream. jmp.sh/rjCtjs4 )

Sorry for the inconvenience. (Kind of ironic that I'm dictating this into my virtualized browser via Dragon, when I cannot cut and paste to my browser from Windows.)

Kudos for admitting being 'the nut behind the wheel'. Everyone has done that but not everyone has the courage or good manners to say so.  :)

Offline mightythor

• Comodo Member
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2018, 03:41:12 AM »
CISTray Problem:

It says now:

The task in0x77cb8289 refer to memory 0x001bedb0. The task written could not be performed in the memory.

(Sorry, but this is only a translation from a German error report)

I am no IT expert. What can I do to solve the problem?

Offline mandhi

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2018, 06:13:48 AM »
CIS is crashing at program start. Each time. I tried a complete and clean reinstall to default folders and have no other antimalware/antivirus/firewall-programs running. I cannot read the dmp-file ("third party error"), but the file is called cistray.exe.####.dmp, (# = numbers), so I guess, the cistray.exe is the problem.

Is it possible to get (for the meanwhile) CIS10 instead of CIS11. Perhaps the utomatic update (in the next week(s)) will circumvent my problem.

Where can I find CIS Version 10? (I don's find it anymore ... CIS11 is everywhere).

Thanks

Try it on:
http://www.filepuma.com/download/comodo_internet_security_10.0.2.6420-17360/download/

Offline mightythor

• Comodo Member
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2018, 06:48:17 AM »
Thanks! CIS 10. Great!

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2018, 09:20:43 AM »

Thanks
Could you make an msinfo32 report and zip it together with the crash report and attach it here to the forum?

To make the msinfo32 report start with typin msinfo32 in the search field of the start menu. Open it and choose File --> Save to save it as an .NFO file.

Please also make sure you have all the Visual C++ runtimes installed. You can download them from: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads .

Offline christarzan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2018, 11:35:48 AM »
https://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/5150/standalone/cmd_fw_installer.exe

Downloaded it and ran it but its not downloading Dragon or Firewall.

Offline mightythor

• Comodo Member
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2018, 04:43:14 AM »
Could you make an msinfo32 report and zip it together with the crash report and attach it here to the forum?

To make the msinfo32 report start with typin msinfo32 in the search field of the start menu. Open it and choose File --> Save to save it as an .NFO file.

Please also make sure you have all the Visual C++ runtimes installed. You can download them from: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads .

[at]EricJH: Thanks fpr offering help. Unfortunately I have cleaned up my machine completely (including all dmp-files). I guess, the mentioned problem is just some quirk on my old machine. As I said - I made a "deep clean" and removed all traces.
Right now, I have reactivated the Windows Firewall and installed the Comodo Cloud Antivirus. I wanted to try this program for a while just out of curiosity. Runs very fluid for now.

In a few days or weeks I will certainly go back to CIS, because I want to have the "full package". I will then try to install CIS 11 again. If I encounter the same problems as yesterday, I will post the infos in the forum!

In the meanwhile I test the CCA.

Offline cheater87

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2018, 07:53:10 AM »
I still can't watch videos and gifs on Facebook in a sandboxed Opera browser.

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2018, 09:04:43 AM »
Are you using Opera's built-in VPN at the same time?

Eric

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Offline cheater87

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2018, 09:06:30 AM »
Are you using Opera's built-in VPN at the same time?

Eric

Nope, Opera and any other VPN is disabled.

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2018, 12:10:22 PM »
But you said it was fixed before, was that the only version 11 that it worked on?

Offline cheater87

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2018, 12:35:28 PM »
But you said it was fixed before, was that the only version 11 that it worked on?

It worked in that beta so I assumed it was fixed for the final one, guess it wasn't or something, other browsers Vivaldi and Avast's Browser let me but not Opera, not sure why because most of my browsers are chrome based.

Offline tachion

• Star Group
  • Comodo Family Member
    • Safegroup
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2018, 01:36:55 PM »
Hello

I confirm that in the opera too, I do not works correctly. On Google Chrome works fine.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek