Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security v11.0.0.6606 - Released  (Read 81791 times)

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
Re: Comodo Internet Security v11.0.0.6606 - Released
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2018, 09:36:18 AM »
We will be updating website version later today and updates will be released together with CIS.

Thanks Umesh,

For info: Manual install of ISE installs version v1.3.438464.135 with no updates available.

Eric
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline rmcohen

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2018, 09:37:42 AM »
Congrats Comodo team on the new release! We all really appreciate your hard work.

I look forward to next week for an automatic update to version 11.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 21H2, build 19044.1466 (hyper-threading disabled)
0Patch Agent free 21.05.05.10500
Comodo Firewall 12.2.2.8012
Microsoft Defender Antivirus
HMP.A 3.8.19 Build 923
VoodooShield 7.00
Google Chrome  97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) run in Comodo sandbox

Offline !Wolverine!

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2018, 11:06:38 AM »
Thanks Umesh,

For info: Manual install of ISE installs version v1.3.438464.135 with no updates available.

Eric

In your %username% temp folder you can find the latest ISE even if it's not installed by main installer.

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2018, 12:00:34 PM »
In your %username% temp folder you can find the latest ISE even if it's not installed by main installer.

Thanks, I'll check that folder though I usually do a cleanup of temp files after uninstalling.

Eric

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2018, 12:05:28 PM »
FYIP,
https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/internet-security-essentials.php
is updated with latest ISE setup now.

Thanks, I'll check that folder though I usually do a cleanup of temp files after uninstalling.

Eric
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2018, 12:07:27 PM »
FYIP,
https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/internet-security-essentials.php
is updated with latest ISE setup now.

Brillant, thanks Umesh for your help! :rock:

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Offline Ploget

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • 'Your best teacher is your last mistake'
    • Schneier on Security
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2018, 12:35:10 PM »
After uninstall yesterday; installed everything Comodo separately in non-default paths and folders. After normal reboots, everything is working flawlessly; linkage with Dragon, CSS etc. all perfect

Great work  :-TU 
Ploget

Win10 x 64 Pro 21H2 (19044.1708) / CIS Pro 12.2.4.8032 & WiseVector StopX
Win11 x 64 Pro - 21H2 (22000.493) / CIS 12.2.2.8012
Comodo Forum Policy
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito”

Offline pmikep

• Comodo Member
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2018, 04:48:23 PM »
I had been running the last version of Comodo 8 on my Win7 64 H.P. Desktop for a long time. I uninstalled it last night, used the cleaner tool too, and installed Comodo 11.

The only real "problem" was during installation when I got a pop up asking for the location of inspect.sys.

I had set a slightly different path for the Comodo install folder. So maybe that's why the installer got confused? (It offered me a location on an x: drive - perhaps a temporary ram drive for installation?)

I pointed it to my Comodo\drivers\win7 folder and that worked.

So far so good. I kept version 8 for a long time because I like to copy and paste from my Virtualized Browser to the Windows Clipboard. v10 (and v11) don't allow that.

I saw in the forum that it might be an option someday in CIS. I don't do online banking, so I'm not too concerned about copy and paste compromising the sandbox. Is there a trick/workaround that I can allow virtual access to the Windows Clipboard? (Or an alternative clipboard?)

Offline sainath

• Comodo Member
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2018, 03:19:37 AM »
Hi,
done clean install yesterday, working fine. comodo cleaning essential(11.0) unable to install yesterday, today it installed successfully.

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2018, 07:57:02 AM »
Option to disable clipboard protection is coming by Jul-2018 end release.

I had been running the last version of Comodo 8 on my Win7 64 H.P. Desktop for a long time. I uninstalled it last night, used the cleaner tool too, and installed Comodo 11.

The only real "problem" was during installation when I got a pop up asking for the location of inspect.sys.

I had set a slightly different path for the Comodo install folder. So maybe that's why the installer got confused? (It offered me a location on an x: drive - perhaps a temporary ram drive for installation?)

I pointed it to my Comodo\drivers\win7 folder and that worked.

So far so good. I kept version 8 for a long time because I like to copy and paste from my Virtualized Browser to the Windows Clipboard. v10 (and v11) don't allow that.

I saw in the forum that it might be an option someday in CIS. I don't do online banking, so I'm not too concerned about copy and paste compromising the sandbox. Is there a trick/workaround that I can allow virtual access to the Windows Clipboard? (Or an alternative clipboard?)

Offline Redstraw

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2018, 08:55:26 AM »
Someone questioned the updated list item below in China, and pointed out a serious bug.

A public bug 2355 was raised by moderators, where HIPS does not alert for actions when previously trusted rated application is changed to unrecognized.

Because he could produce this issue by following steps.

Steps:
1. Disable Containment, enable HIPS.
2. Run an unknown exe file(file A, he has a file named filetest.exe in his test). It was blocked by HIPS when trying to write a file into protected directory.
3. Change this file to "trusted" in advanced setting manually, the OK to close.
4. Delete this file in windows explorer.
5. Copy another exe file(file B) into this folder and rename it to has the same file name as the deleted one. So the new exe file has a same file name with the original deleted one.
6. Run this new renamed file.
7. Check the file detail, you may see that the new file has a same sha1 with the original one.

It's terrible if the new file is malicious, but COMODO treats the renamed file has all the same privileges as the original one. In another words, it can do the same operation just as the original one.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 08:57:06 AM by Redstraw »

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2018, 09:04:51 AM »
From description it seems many manual operations with disabled Sandbox.
Question:
Was it ever working?

Someone questioned the updated list item below in China, and pointed out a serious bug.

Because he could produce this issue by following steps.

Steps:
1. Disable Containment, enable HIPS.
2. Run an unknown exe file(file A, he has a file named filetest.exe in his test). It was blocked by HIPS when trying to write a file into protected directory.
3. Change this file to "trusted" in advanced setting manually, the OK to close.
4. Delete this file in windows explorer.
5. Copy another exe file(file B) into this folder and rename it to has the same file name as the deleted one. So the new exe file has a same file name with the original deleted one.
6. Run this new renamed file.
7. Check the file detail, you may see that the new file has a same sha1 with the original one.

It's terrible if the new file is malicious, but COMODO treats the renamed file has all the same privileges as the original one. In another words, it can do the same operation just as the original one.

Offline Redstraw

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2018, 09:32:33 AM »
From description it seems many manual operations with disabled Sandbox.
Question:
Was it ever working?

In daily use, is there a possibility that users will face such mentioned risks above? Such as just enable paranoid mode of HIPS and disable Sandbox.

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2018, 10:04:08 AM »
Please try to achieve same via some unknown application rather manually replacing file as manual operations are done more in context of Windows safe apps.

In daily use, is there a possibility that users will face such mentioned risks above? Such as just enable paranoid mode of HIPS and disable Sandbox.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek