Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security v10.1.0.6474 Released  (Read 17852 times)

Offline Ploget

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • 'Your best teacher, is your last mistake'
    • CIS Help
Re: Comodo Internet Security v10.1.0.6474 Released
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2018, 01:28:19 PM »
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong on the surface. If I didn't get this message, or checked as I tend to; I wouldn't have noticed

CIS functions as it should (and CCAV does the Anti-Virus)

We will check it further, few questions:
1. Do you see any functional problem with Comodo Firewall?
2. Do you see any error message from system tray?

Just wondering if there are any user experience aspects of it or you see "snoozed" status only when you see status in security center.
Ploget

All Win 10 x 64 Pro - 2004 (19041.450) / CIS 12.2.2.7036
Comodo Forum Policy
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito”

Offline davidepi

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2018, 01:36:49 PM »
I only see snooze status in security centre, Umesh. Otherwise Comodo Firewall appears to be working OK.

Same here.

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2018, 01:47:32 PM »
Functionality of firewall doesn't appear to be an issue at all. Inbound and Outbound showing in user interface. Just seems to be Windows Security Center connected. Firewall stopping all connectivity option in CIS works so just a security centre issue as far as I can tell.

Eric

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2018, 02:03:39 PM »
OK, thanks.
To all who observe this "snoozing" behavior, if you could follow steps defined in following link and cause BSOD and share dump, it will help us to investigate further:
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-intentionally-force-blue-screen-death-windows-10

Thanks
-umesh
I only see snooze status in security centre, Umesh. Otherwise Comodo Firewall appears to be working OK.
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline Avos

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2018, 02:30:02 PM »
Even for me it seems to be so

Offline Ploget

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • 'Your best teacher, is your last mistake'
    • CIS Help
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2018, 02:47:54 PM »
Here you go Umesh . . . Mini dump

To all who observe this "snoozing" behavior, if you could follow steps defined in following link and cause BSOD and share dump, it will help us to investigate further:
Ploget

All Win 10 x 64 Pro - 2004 (19041.450) / CIS 12.2.2.7036
Comodo Forum Policy
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito”

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2018, 03:39:18 PM »
[at]Umesh I've done a quick check through the Windows logs. I believe the attached will be helpful in resolving the issue.

Looks like a guard64.dll error and some Advanced Protection Status login and auto setting Firewall to Snooze.

Eric

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2018, 03:54:28 PM »
Thanks, team will have a look.

[at]Umesh I've done a quick check through the Windows logs. I believe the attached will be helpful in resolving the issue.

Looks like a guard64.dll error and some Advanced Protection Status login and auto setting Firewall to Snooze.

Eric
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2018, 03:56:03 PM »
Thanks

Here you go Umesh . . . Mini dump

Offline markinson

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2018, 04:16:57 PM »
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there are any user experience aspects of it or you see "snoozed" status only when you see status in security center.

Thanks
-umesh

I have had exactly the same problem after upgrading the firewall from version 10.0.2.6420 to version 10.1.0.6474.
I then returned to version 10.0.2.6420 (I had previously downloaded the installer) and the tick of the Defender Center in the system tray remained green, without any problems, for all the time.
When I was into the 10.1.0.6474 version, I noticed this:
1) I started the computer;
2) the icon of the Defender Center immediately is and remains green;
3) after a few minutes the Defender Center icon, as already mentioned above, shows a small red cross (requiring an action for Comodo Firewall, even if Comodo Firewall is regularly running in all its components - the link into the Defend Center to Comodo Firewall didn't work, too! - I mean: didn't open any Comodo Firewall windows).
So:
1) I restarted again the computer;
2) the Defender Center icon is green;
3) I opened as soon as possible the Control Panel and went into the System Security section (where both the Windows Firewall and Comodo Firewall resulted perfectly and simultaneously functioning and active);
4) the icon has remained green, for several minutes, but as I have closed the System Security window of the Control Panel, immediately, the icon turned into a red cross (I repeated the operations and verified ever the same behaviour).
My system is Windows 10 Pro version 1709 build 16299.125.
Thanks for the attention!
Cheers!

Sorry for my English!  :embarassed:

Offline Dustyn

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2018, 05:13:55 PM »
Hi Guys,

Thanks
-umesh

Hi Umesh,

There does not appear to be any functional problem with Comodo that I have observed? The only message I recieve from the system tray is from Windows Security Center stating: "Actions Required". But there isn't anything that can be done? Clicking on Windows Security Center shows a red "x" on Firewall & network protection. Clicking "Open COMODO Firewall" does nothing. It doesn't open COMODO or do anything...  Shouldn't it?

Screenshots attached. You can also see it was functioning correctly for about 5 - 10 minutes then Windows 10 states there is a problem with COMODO. And although it says "Turn On Now" .... clicking this does nothing also.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:37:52 PM by Dustyn »

Offline B-boy/StyLe/

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2018, 05:20:29 PM »
I am still using the old version 10.0.2.6420 and I updated Windows 8.1 without any issues so far (I already had the reg key set)

Now I should wait only for the microcode update from Intel:

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2018, 05:20:40 PM »
thats it guys. im donne with windows 10. no more for me... back to win 7 as i should never leave.. when the updates expire ill be back to linux for good..

running latest cis before this release on my win 7 pro x64 withuot any kind of problems.. ill upgrade to this new edition as soon as it shows me to upgrade on cis interface dialogs.

gg microsoft, for ruinning an os..

Offline Dustyn

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2018, 05:30:32 PM »
OK, thanks.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-intentionally-force-blue-screen-death-windows-10

Thanks
-umesh

Okay, hope this helps...  :-\
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:32:28 PM by Dustyn »

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2018, 05:38:13 PM »
Hi Umesh,

There does not appear to be any functional problem with Comodo that I have observed? The only message I recieve from the system tray is from Windows Security Center stating: "Actions Required". But there isn't anything that can be done? Clicking on Windows Security Center shows a red "x" on Firewall & network protection. Clicking "Open COMODO Firewall" does nothing. It doesn't open COMODO or do anything...  Shouldn't it?

Screenshots attached. You can also see it was functioning correctly for about 5 - 10 minutes then Windows 10 states there is a problem with COMODO.
The security center is nothing but a dashboard made for user convenience. It relies completely on what security programs tell about their state. It is also known to have problems with the communication with the security programs, hence why I asked to reset the security center first, making it not reliable.

Just open CIS using the shortcuts that are on the desktop, task bar or start menu. It should open normally. Then look at the main interface or look at the widget and see if it reports Secure. If CIS reports it is secure then it is running like it should.

Since the SC not always reliably reflects what security programs tell it it you should always default to what CIS reports about its state in the CIS interface.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek