Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6294 (Hotfix) Released  (Read 40339 times)

Offline Averell

Re: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6294 (Hotfix) Released
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2017, 01:41:33 PM »
Hi,
updated via auto-update. No problems and works fine. But still no way to purge the list of "blocked applications" (1100 here).
Thanks.

Kind regards

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2017, 01:58:08 PM »
Hi,
updated via auto-update. No problems and works fine. But still no way to purge the list of "blocked applications" (1100 here).
Thanks.

Kind regards
As per OP
Please stay tuned for next set of changes coming up in September release, that will address some of the usability issues mainly following:
- Improved unblock application interface as per wish list
unblock application will be improved in an upcoming release sometime this month.

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
  • Long Live COMODO!
    • Comodo Group
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2017, 01:59:34 PM »
Hi,
Thanks.

Kind regards

Hi,

Do not clean. I understand the CIS controls them, but it does not block in the literal sense.

HP Compaq 6200 Pro Microtower
Canon I-SENSYS MF4140
Windows 11 Pro x64 Build 22538.1000
CIS Premium v.12.2.2.8012
MX Linux 21 Xfce х64

Offline khanyash

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2017, 03:20:17 PM »
Your Online/Offline Installers are USELESS :-TD :-TD :-TD

I use Comodo Firewall only. I used CFW online installer. After install, I checked Comodo folder in Program Data for offline installer for future use. The installer there is CIS installer & not CFW installer :-TD, And CIS installer there is USELESS, you can't select to install Firewall only during install, you have to install suite & then uninstall AV to get FW only :-TD

Same for provided CIS offline installer, you can't select to install Firewall only during install, you have to install suite & then uninstall AV to get FW only :-TD :-TD
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 03:24:27 PM by Ya5h Kh4n »

Offline j94305

• Comodo Member
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2017, 03:24:25 PM »
[at]umesh: here is the "view logs" output after installing. It just prompted me again for an update but the "what's new" page does not indicate anything new. The "view logs" page looks always the same - every time - after each one of these updates.

--j.

[EDIT] Needless to say that after this "update", Comodo has asked me again twice to update again in the past few hours... manually checking it will download ise_installer.exe into
C:/ProgramData/Comodo/Cis/Quarantine/Temp/TempFiles/Comodo/Installer/ise_installer.exe, run it, ask for reboot, and the game continues. Sounds like Groundhog Day. >:-D
How do I get rid of this? Is there a registry key I can set manually to tell CIS this installation is sort of like "done"?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 06:48:44 PM by gandalf94305 »

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2017, 05:58:11 PM »
Just to update everyone here, especially the developers, Microsoft has formally announced the release date of the Windows 10 FCU (Fall Creators Update) to be October 17, the Tuesday after Patch Tuesday (which is the 10th).
Please have CIS fully ready to work with this release. 
Thank you
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Bah! Ban 'em all! The only good member is a banned member
And a member is just a policy violator who hasn't been caught yet. >:-D

Offline mfmathis75

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2017, 07:17:09 PM »
My Comodo CIS was updated to v10.0.1.6294 last night, and now Windows 10 media sharing and Tversity media share stopped working. I can disable CIS firewall and they both work again. Does anyone know why this is happening? If not, not, is there a way I can go back to the previous version, which worked just fine.

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2017, 07:23:45 PM »
Hi gandalf94305,
This is not supposed to happen! We can't produce either.

Team will get in touch with you to further investigate possible reasons.

The logic is following:
- If there are any CIS program updates due, ise_installer.exe will also run and in case ISE is installed it will be updated else it will exit.
So execution of that is conditional.

Please bear with us and keep system in that state, team should be able to work with you coming Monday.

Thanks
-umesh

[at]umesh: here is the "view logs" output after installing. It just prompted me again for an update but the "what's new" page does not indicate anything new. The "view logs" page looks always the same - every time - after each one of these updates.

--j.

[EDIT] Needless to say that after this "update", Comodo has asked me again twice to update again in the past few hours... manually checking it will download ise_installer.exe into
C:/ProgramData/Comodo/Cis/Quarantine/Temp/TempFiles/Comodo/Installer/ise_installer.exe, run it, ask for reboot, and the game continues. Sounds like Groundhog Day. >:-D
How do I get rid of this? Is there a registry key I can set manually to tell CIS this installation is sort of like "done"?
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2017, 07:26:20 PM »
Hi John,
Thanks for heads up.

We have a formal process to check for latest preview builds on weekly basis and take remedial steps in case we find any incompatibility. This release is due to that process, which could identify problems ahead of formal release.

Thanks
-umesh

Just to update everyone here, especially the developers, Microsoft has formally announced the release date of the Windows 10 FCU (Fall Creators Update) to be October 17, the Tuesday after Patch Tuesday (which is the 10th).
Please have CIS fully ready to work with this release. 
Thank you
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2017, 07:28:11 PM »
Yes, this wish list item is very high in our list.

We will try to address this by Oct-2017 release max unless we can make it part of Sep-2017 release itself.

Thanks
-umesh
Your Online/Offline Installers are USELESS :-TD :-TD :-TD

I use Comodo Firewall only. I used CFW online installer. After install, I checked Comodo folder in Program Data for offline installer for future use. The installer there is CIS installer & not CFW installer :-TD, And CIS installer there is USELESS, you can't select to install Firewall only during install, you have to install suite & then uninstall AV to get FW only :-TD

Same for provided CIS offline installer, you can't select to install Firewall only during install, you have to install suite & then uninstall AV to get FW only :-TD :-TD

Offline disPPlay

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Join the REVOLUTION!
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2017, 07:42:29 PM »
Updated via auto-update, and everything went smoothly in two fully updated Windows 10 machines.

Congratulations on the new release. :-TU

Offline frank622

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2017, 08:12:02 PM »

procdump.exe -ma

Depending on when the process stops (firefox/chrome) you could have all my bookmarks and/or personal information and/or keys and/or stored passwords for autologon startup page.

I cannot and will not provide such information and it is unacceptable to ask for full memory dumps of processes.  I'd rather reinstall windows and use another product.

In any case there is no dump produced for the "-e" option and the "-t" option created a 95MB file

EDIT: having a look now at the dump file and sure enough my private keys are there for all who read this file.  Also my complete disk directory tree structure is there too.  Some NDA material, amazing what you can deduce from directory structures. 

So no I cannot give the memory dump of the firefox process.  And highlights why physical access security for confidential material is required.  As a sysadmin and network engineer the responsibility for asking the security questions falls on me and why I take security seriously including not giving out dumps to 3rd parties.

NOW this might help firefox ended with a "C0000005,ACCESS_VIOLATION"

QUESTION: is Internet explorer needed to be installed on the system for comodo to work properly.  Or asked another way are some of IE modules needed for comodo

« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:53:44 PM by frank622 »

Offline Dustyn

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2017, 06:33:36 AM »
Great release!  :-TU ;D
No issues to report on Windows 10 Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.540)

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2017, 11:33:22 AM »
finally, updated in all my machines.

all running normal.

considering rolling back to windows 7.. windows 10 has no gains for usability on my side. i dont use the microsoft store and i dont like the notification giant bar... oh, and there is no need for directx 12 right now.. so.. why keep it? its fully of ### when considering iterations running without my knowledge.. as of an ex., try to turn on the computer and before yoiu log in, unplug ethernet cable. now log in.. yuo will notice that there is something trying to run in background.. why is that? i dont mind about privacy etc., but if my system keeps doing things that I dont know what and keep uning my ram and cpu without telling me.. why keep it?

im really considering rolling back to 7 and then, when support ends, mesa will be on pair with latest opengl/cl, so.. hello linux again..

sorry comodo. if i realy go that way it will be goodby to comodo as on linux i dont need av or anything else.. :(

Offline reddy.shyam

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2017, 05:26:07 AM »
Just a quick update. Upgraded to Windows 10 pro insider (slower ring) preview release 16278 while CIS installed. No issues.
Shyam

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek