Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6294 (Hotfix) Released  (Read 40348 times)

Offline BlueTesta

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6294 (Hotfix) Released
« Reply #210 on: October 23, 2017, 07:47:21 PM »
guys, i need some info here.

is this release fully compatible with win 10 rs3? im running this win10 release right now but im afraid to install latest cis on it.. :(

Hi johnrambobt,
The current live v6294 version does not have any known incompatibilities with upcoming Fall Creators update.

Thanks
-umesh
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Offline ~Daniel~

• I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #211 on: October 23, 2017, 11:19:10 PM »
I just updated from Win10 x64 Enterprise 1703 to 1709 with Comodo Firewall 10.0.1.6294 and did not have any issues.  In fact, one improvement I noticed right away was that Comodo Firewall was finally picked up properly in the Windows Defender Security Center!
Comodo: CIS 11.X (latest version)
Backup/Imaging: Macrium Reflect Home v7.X
Win10 Phone: N/A
Personal Website: Comodo SSL (via CloudFlare)

Offline hackerman1

• Comodo Member
« Reply #212 on: October 23, 2017, 11:26:01 PM »
Hi All,
We are happy to announce release of Comodo Internet Security v6294.

Offline Setup Details:

Comodo Internet Security Premium (Comodo Firewall + Antivirus Only):
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cispremium_only_installer.exe
Size: 69.1 MB (72,527,928 bytes)
MD5: f43d1cc3061be4c0e336e00ea99e27d1
SHA1: 80b6c562e75b0b44a1f423788ba4ae0296705b0c

umesh: added offline setup details>>>

When i run that installer i get the second screen with the options, then it crashes.
If i extract cis_setup_x64.msi from the installer and run that instead, then i only get Comodo Antivirus, no Comodo Firewall !?
What is this ???
That offline installer can´t be correct...

Where is the offline-installer for Comodo Firewall (the whole CIS including Comodo Firewall) ?
Administrator on Windows Server to Workstation
Moderator (and "undercover" Admin) on The Windows Club Forum

Security: EAM, Comodo FW & HIPS, WinPatrol+, HOSTS-file, UAC.

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #213 on: October 24, 2017, 10:14:22 PM »
installed.. ALL GREAT on my fresh win 10 1709 rs3.. thanks comodo..

Offline ~Daniel~

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #214 on: October 25, 2017, 06:19:55 AM »
I just updated from Win10 x64 Enterprise 1703 to 1709 with Comodo Firewall 10.0.1.6294 and did not have any issues.  In fact, one improvement I noticed right away was that Comodo Firewall was finally picked up properly in the Windows Defender Security Center!
Hmm, I might have spoken too soon.  After 1709 had updated, I moved on and installed some updated drivers... namely AMD's Crimson driver for FCU, and corsairs newest CUE2 software.  Each was installed with a reboot, and on the last reboot I had a couple strange video blankings... like the video signal was lost and regained.

I decided to check eventviewer and found many entries related to licensing, which lead to loading the activation tool and finding it was "unable to reach Windows activation servers".  I hit the troubleshoot option and that generated a ClipUp.exe - Bad Image error message...C:\Windows\system32\guard64.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.  Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.  Error status 0xc0000428.

I also launched the Microsoft Defender Security Centre, and found the firewall and network protection stated... Status unavailable, open Comodo Firewall for information.

I'm going to try installing the latest Beta to see if that resolves my issues.  If not I'll try restoring my system to the point before I installed the other drivers, or possibly as far back as before I installed the FCU.

Offline 23

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #215 on: October 25, 2017, 08:22:58 AM »
Improved unblock application interface as per wish list

Improved? Nothing is improved. I see explorer.exe in blocked apps. If I unblock it, CIS gives it unlimited rights. It can accept inbound connections as well. How is that "improved"? Improved would be if menu opens when unblocked and I can manually choose what right to give to the app.

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #216 on: October 25, 2017, 09:16:14 AM »
on my side all is running as spected.

windows 10 rs3 rtm fresh installed + latest cis fresh installed.

machine: amd a8-7600 + 8gb ddr3 + 1tera seagate with latest stable crimson drivers and all other drivers as default windows 10 via win update, like realtek hd audio and lan.

defender center shows cis as main security software, no errors, no allerts, no problemas. cis is behaving better on rs3 (almost no lags at all).

the only thing that remains is the lag on double clicking on cis systray icon to show the main gui. boy, it takes some seconds (witch is not ideal nor good, but not a big deal anyway).

the rest of the system is running normal. cis too.

my advice for some: do not "upgrade" between releases on win 10. any of these point releases (anniversary, rs2, rs3) are big updates that changes almost everything, on an kernel level.. so chances are that things wil go wrong..

and thats the problem with windows 10 for me. twice in a year ill end up fresh installing windows 10 because of these crap big updates microsoft intend to release every year..

Offline 23

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #217 on: October 25, 2017, 12:13:42 PM »
Also, blocked apps still appear in "blocked apps" list after being unblocked. If I unblock them through "unblock" button, all the rules I've set will disappear. So...
I really don't get why that "feature" was needed.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 12:17:04 PM by 23 »

Offline sergey.grechko

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
« Reply #218 on: October 26, 2017, 07:10:44 AM »
Hmm, I might have spoken too soon.  After 1709 had updated, I moved on and installed some updated drivers... namely AMD's Crimson driver for FCU, and corsairs newest CUE2 software.  Each was installed with a reboot, and on the last reboot I had a couple strange video blankings... like the video signal was lost and regained.

I decided to check eventviewer and found many entries related to licensing, which lead to loading the activation tool and finding it was "unable to reach Windows activation servers".  I hit the troubleshoot option and that generated a ClipUp.exe - Bad Image error message...C:\Windows\system32\guard64.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.  Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.  Error status 0xc0000428.

I also launched the Microsoft Defender Security Centre, and found the firewall and network protection stated... Status unavailable, open Comodo Firewall for information.

I'm going to try installing the latest Beta to see if that resolves my issues.  If not I'll try restoring my system to the point before I installed the other drivers, or possibly as far back as before I installed the FCU.

Hi, Daniel.

Thank you for reporting. The issue is under investigation.

Kind Regards,
Sergey.

Offline Shirka2010

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #219 on: October 28, 2017, 06:34:46 PM »
I've recently noticed that I miss some options in unblock window. there is no option to remove items, no menubar on top of the window. please explain to me how to turn on the additional options described in the help article: https://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-766-9200-Manage-Blocked-Items.html#blck_remove_app
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 06:37:37 PM by Shirka2010 »

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #220 on: October 28, 2017, 06:50:51 PM »
I've recently noticed that I miss some options in unblock window. there is no option to remove items, no menubar on top of the window. please explain to me how to turn on the additional options described in the help article: https://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-766-9200-Manage-Blocked-Items.html#blck_remove_app
The help documentation was updated to reflect changes in upcoming 10.0.2 release.

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #222 on: November 01, 2017, 10:26:29 AM »
Locking the topic because CIS 10.0.2.6396 has been released.

Offline ~Daniel~

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #223 on: November 01, 2017, 02:43:11 PM »

There aren't much details in this post on Reddit, but I found the first comment posted encouraging that my upgrade issues might have been from the same AMD non-WHQL GPU driver I installed as well... "The 17.10.2 driver gave me problems and messed up the OS".

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek