Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6294 (Hotfix) Released  (Read 40337 times)

Offline Tachimoochie

• Comodo Member
Re: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6294 (Hotfix) Released
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2017, 02:01:09 PM »
I'm getting update loop after applying latest update. After reboot I click check for update button and it finds it again, installs and asks for reboot. Current version from "about" page says 10.0.1.6294 so I'm on the latest. Not a big problem but I figured it might be good to mention there is possible issue.

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2017, 02:15:16 PM »
Hi Tachimoochie,
May you please share:

- list of comodo products with version of each installed as shown in Add/Remove
- please share log from temp folder e.g. %temp%/cmdinstall.exe_17-08-31_10.28.23.log.7z

Thanks
-umesh

I'm getting update loop after applying latest update. After reboot I click check for update button and it finds it again, installs and asks for reboot. Current version from "about" page says 10.0.1.6294 so I'm on the latest. Not a big problem but I figured it might be good to mention there is possible issue.
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline blade120

• Comodo Family Member
  • I Like COMODO :)
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2017, 02:23:44 PM »
Update downloaded and installed :)
Good work  :-TU

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2017, 02:33:51 PM »
Additionally, after you apply updates, you can see "View Logs" link as shown in enclosed snap, please click on it and share that snap.

Thanks
-umesh
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2017, 03:00:57 PM »
download error from cis autoupdate. (using latest cis before this update).

the same in 3 machines. cis can not self update.. dont know why..

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2017, 03:26:44 PM »
Any error snapshot please?

download error from cis autoupdate. (using latest cis before this update).

the same in 3 machines. cis can not self update.. dont know why..

Offline j94305

• Comodo Member
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2017, 03:41:24 PM »
The "about" of CIS says "10.0.1.6294", i.e., this should be the latest version. Nevertheless, I get a notification that there are updates. They will be downloaded and installed. Restart windows.
Then I check for updates and I get a notification that there are updates. They will be downloaded and installed. Restart windows.
Then I check for updates and I get a notification that there are updates. They will be downloaded and installed. Restart windows.
You get the idea.

Something's wrong here. ISE installer runs every time, btw. Maybe this has to do with the fact that I do not have ISE installed.

--j.

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2017, 03:44:40 PM »
ISE installer is supposed to run only when there are program updates for CIS.

May you please share "View Logs" window as suggested here?

The "about" of CIS says "10.0.1.6294", i.e., this should be the latest version. Nevertheless, I get a notification that there are updates. They will be downloaded and installed. Restart windows.
You get the idea.

Something's wrong here. ISE installer runs every time, btw. Maybe this has to do with the fact that I do not have ISE installed.

--j.

Offline Tachimoochie

• Comodo Member
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2017, 06:29:22 PM »
There is only COMODO Internet Security Premium in Add\Remove programs panel. I think this issue might be related to my recent hardware upgrades (new CPU and Motherboard), I was very lazy so I did not reinstall windows (new hard drive is next on the list of upgrades to get, so I was planing to reinstall properly then), I expect driver situation is quite a mess.

Hi Tachimoochie,
May you please share:

- list of comodo products with version of each installed as shown in Add/Remove
- please share log from temp folder e.g. %temp%/cmdinstall.exe_17-08-31_10.28.23.log.7z

Thanks
-umesh

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2017, 06:31:29 PM »
Thanks, team will check.

There is only COMODO Internet Security Premium in Add\Remove programs panel. I think this issue might be related to my recent hardware upgrades (new CPU and Motherboard), I was very lazy so I did not reinstall windows (new hard drive is next on the list of upgrades to get, so I was planing to reinstall properly then), I expect driver situation is quite a mess.

Offline frank622

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2017, 04:34:20 AM »
Updated today and problems

Updated to CIS ver 10.0.1.6294
Win 7 SP1 fully updated

First no virtualbox VMs would load, updated virtualbox and all good
Firefox doesn't load, taskviewer shows it loading but then stops running - reinstalled firefox and smae happens
Chrome doesn't load just like firefox
Windows update no longer can check for updates (last update was a few days ago, so it was working

Cannot uninstall comodo CIS.  The uninstaller just keeps "collecting information" for hours.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 04:39:24 AM by frank622 »

Offline Shoonay

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2017, 10:37:57 AM »
Did a clean CIS re-install yesterday, looks like my previous annoyance with the System warning message is gone. All working fine, thanks.

What I still find strange though, is for example that explorer.exe get's blocked immidiately: https://i.imgur.com/5vcCrPP.png
Is that normal?
GPU: MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X OC 8GB; CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X; Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X570-PRO; RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB DDR4 [at] 3200MHz; Monitor: Samsung G7 32" 2560x1440 [at] 240Hz; PSU: Chieftec GPS-1350C; Sound card: Sound Blaster AE-9; OS: Windows 11 Pro version 21H2 build 22000.168 (x64)

Offline PremJK

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Live and Let Live
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2017, 11:03:41 AM »
Updated today and problems

Updated to CIS ver 10.0.1.6294
Win 7 SP1 fully updated
Firefox doesn't load, taskviewer shows it loading but then stops running - reinstalled firefox and smae happens
Chrome doesn't load just like firefox

Hi Frank622,

Regarding this issue please provide :
1) Export Windows logs of Application, Security, Setup and System from Event Viewer
2) msinfo32 file by searching msinfo32 in Run command window and save as msninfo32.nfo
3) crash dumps for Firefox and Chrome:

For Firefox:

To collect crash dump manually use procdump.exe:
File 1
1. Unzip procdump
2. Run command prompt as Administrator, navigate to the folder with procdump and run
procdump.exe -ma -w firefox.exe -e
3. Reproduce the issue
4. File named firefox.exe_XXXXXX_XXXXXX.dmp will be created in the folder procdump is launched from. Provide it for us.

File 2
1. Run command prompt as Administrator, navigate to the folder with procdump and run
procdump.exe -ma -w firefox.exe -t
2. Reproduce the issue
3. File named firefox.exe_XXXXXX_XXXXXX.dmp will be created in the folder procdump is launched from. Provide it for us.

For Chrome:

To collect crash dump manually use procdump.exe:
File 1
1. Run command prompt as Administrator, navigate to the folder with procdump and run
procdump.exe -ma -w chrome.exe -e
2. Reproduce the issue
3. File named chrome.exe_XXXXXX_XXXXXX.dmp will be created in the folder procdump is launched from. Provide it for us.

File 2
procdump.exe -ma -w chrome.exe -t
2. Reproduce the issue
3. File named chrome.exe_XXXXXX_XXXXXX.dmp will be created in the folder procdump is launched from. Provide it for us.

Kind Regards,
PremJK
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:12:03 AM by PremJK »

Offline Thunderbear

• Comodo's Hero
  • A little sense of humour makes everything easier.
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2017, 12:11:01 PM »
Uppdated yesterday, no problem at all at Win-XP and Win-7 :-TU
Don't be afraid, I'm very nice sometimes. And also absent-minded.
CIS 11.0.0.6744, Win-7 swe hidden behind a NAT-router.

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2017, 01:23:34 PM »
Did a clean CIS re-install yesterday, looks like my previous annoyance with the System warning message is gone. All working fine, thanks.

What I still find strange though, is for example that explorer.exe get's blocked immidiately: https://i.imgur.com/5vcCrPP.png
Is that normal?
Check the HIPS log to see why, it most likely from trying to access in memory one of CIS processes.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek