Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6209 Released  (Read 30966 times)

Offline Nastrahl

• Comodo Member
  • devil_created.
Re: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6209 Released
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2017, 12:02:30 PM »
Firewall is on by default since Windows XP SP1 (if I'm not wrong). You don't get malwares and such even without an AV/HIPS/etc since your doors are closed. All you have to do during the download of CIS is not opening everything you found on the dark side of Internet.

Hi,
Making an online installation of a security suite seems to be a particularly stupid idea.  :-\
During the download and setup, the system is vulnerable to all intrusions. And with a low brandwith this vulnerability can last a (very) long time...

So I'd be VERY happy if you could release an offline installer for Comodo Firewall.

Thanks in advance.
Il faut se persuader du bouc émissaire, ce lieu sentimental ingurgitant excessivement n'importe quelle inconvenance laissant libre le Malin d'ailleurs y jouer ses tours.

Offline qweaszxcdf

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2017, 12:07:55 PM »
Firewall is on by default since Windows XP SP1 (if I'm not wrong). You don't get malwares and such even without an AV/HIPS/etc since your doors are closed. All you have to do during the download of CIS is not opening everything you found on the dark side of Internet.
Even if you download a software from its official website,you may still get a malicious one since all your data is transparent during transferring and others can modify the data easily if you use http

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2017, 12:08:59 PM »
All downloads during installation and update are over https.
I'd like to know whether the online installer uses https or not
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline Nastrahl

• Comodo Member
  • devil_created.
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2017, 12:12:35 PM »
This issue have been solved.

Even if you download a software from its official website,you may still get a malicious one since all your data is transparent during transferring and others can modify the data easily if you use http
Il faut se persuader du bouc émissaire, ce lieu sentimental ingurgitant excessivement n'importe quelle inconvenance laissant libre le Malin d'ailleurs y jouer ses tours.

Offline Averell

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2017, 12:21:17 PM »

Not on my computers. Even in the very last Windows 10 (Creators Update installed today) I completely deactivated Defender...  >:-D

Offline wonderlust76

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2017, 12:46:33 PM »
Ok, guys....as far as I undestood this is a very important release, with a critical sandbox fix....so please tell me that I don't have to:

1) downolad the installer;
2) uninstall current CIS version on my pc;
3) install the new one from scratch....

cause I'm still waiting the "Secure Shopping Hotfix version" automatic update .... 88)

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2017, 12:50:10 PM »
Ok, guys....as far as I undestood this is a very important release, with a critical sandbox fix....so please tell me that I don't have to:

1) downolad the installer;
2) uninstall current CIS version on my pc;
3) install the new one from scratch....

cause I'm still waiting the "Secure Shopping Hotfix version" automatic update .... 88)
You can use either the internal program updater via update task in CIS or when you run the online installer it should detect the current version and ask if you want to upgrade.

Offline cocalaur

• Comodo's Hero
  • Happy COMODO user
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2017, 01:01:11 PM »
Hi.

Thank you for the release.

I would also appreciate an offline installer because I usually don't connect to the internet immediately after I install Windows -
not unless I install my software, including COMODO.

And there are many situations and examples I can give that can become easier to the end user if he/she has the offline
installer.

Does it impose a great difficulty to also provide a link to the full install kit? The files must be there on one of your servers.
Perhaps you want to reduce the fragmentation of older versions... I don't know... But still, giving a choice to the user
(as you did until now) was surely appreciated.

If a user wants to update, he/she updates the software. If not, he/she does not update the software. And by issuing a prompt to
upgrade, the user can simply choose not to for that moment... So fragmentation can still exist.

=================================
Son: "Dad, what is malware?"
Dad: "I don't know, son, we use COMODO."
=================================

Offline wonderlust76

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2017, 01:05:18 PM »
You can use either the internal program updater via update task in CIS or when you run the online installer it should detect the current version and ask if you want to upgrade.

The internal program udater says that there's no new version available....my version in 10.0.0.6086.
I'll try with the online installer and let you know...

Offline Yousername

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2017, 01:16:03 PM »
Anyone else running CIS with Windows 10 Creator's update and experiencing a very slow Virtual Kiosk?

Offline noahphense

• Professional Bum
04/06/2017 - 2 Issues/Feedback
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2017, 01:25:19 PM »
A. Today I had an update, that automatically install Essentials.  Which I decided to remove.  Thanks for asking if I wanted that...
B. Don't force icons on my desktop.  I am not even able to delete it, apparently someone thought it was a good idea, to let the 'trayapp' monitor for its presence, and recreate it if it is not there. (way to use system resources for something that stupid) -- put out an update that removes the desktop icon checker.  Thanks.

I love Comodo, I want to keep using it.  Until there is a patch out for the "magic" icon, I will be disabling the cistray.exe from auto-starting.

Cheers!

PS .. the trayicon, is also creating quite a bit of 'glitching'.  I would love to capture it on video for you.  Maybe later when I have time.  But it is bad enough to where I will be uninstalling comodo all-together until that problem is resolved.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 01:29:46 PM by noahphense »

Offline Munemasa Katagiri

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2017, 01:26:53 PM »
OK, I was using version 8.4 and today the update to version 10 was delivered. When I restarted the Windows 10 logon screen showed normally but, when I put my password I was unable to go to desktop, the screen got black, I had to go to safe mode and uninstall Comodo and I was able to logon after that. I did a clean install of version 10 and everything is OK now.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 01:28:26 PM by Munemasa Katagiri »

Offline c627627

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2017, 01:48:21 PM »
April 2017 and a new version, great. Question: Comodo 8 and 10 continued to block removal of *existing* Alternate Data Streams as long as they were installed - has this been fixed? Or is the only way to remove *existing* Alternate Data Streams by completely removing Comodo from the system, still?

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2017, 01:58:32 PM »
April 2017 and a new version, great. Question: Comodo 8 and 10 continued to block removal of *existing* Alternate Data Streams as long as they were installed - has this been fixed? Or is the only way to remove *existing* Alternate Data Streams by completely removing Comodo from the system, still?
No the CIS specific ADS can't be deleted while CIS is installed but they do get removed when you run the affected file with version 10. But if you want to delete those streams then yes uninstall CIS, delete the stream using microsofts streams utility or similar, then install CIS again. I agree the protection to prevent those streams from being deleted should be lifted with v 10 because CIS doesn't use those streams anymore, but they do get removed automatically once you open the file.

Offline Darren1977

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2017, 02:05:08 PM »
Do you guy's actually listen to your user base feedback???

1. Your web installers are garbage! how many times have people got to complain... most of us like the standalone installers.  >:(

2. ' Upgrade ' normally means the main application is updated and your old configuration settings are automatically migrated.  >:(
Why is it so difficult for you guy's to understand a return to default settings is not a upgrade, it's meant to be seamless transition from old to new that you barely notice has happened. 

3. Where are the opt outs for all the extra bloatware?  >:(
Come on guy's really? you are meant to be helping protect our PCs and here you are actively forcing installs on us like freaking Geekbuddy!  :o

Not a happy bunny. :-[

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek