Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6209 Released  (Read 31201 times)

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6209 Released
« Reply #195 on: April 10, 2017, 03:44:27 AM »
Another maybe CRITICAL Scenario :
1. A "typical" inexperienced User wants to run an unknown but digital signed , malicous file .

This is the only downside of default-deny: whitlisted malware.
To avoid this, you should manually remove every vendor in the "trusted vendor list" and keep only the vendors you trust (Microsoft, Intel, vendors from the programs you use).
I did it with CFW 10, but if later you import previously saved settings, the whole "trusted vendor list" will be re-created (I don't know if it's a bug or an intended behavior).

Offline costi1977

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #196 on: April 10, 2017, 04:36:09 AM »
i don't understand why comodo released this version full of problems. i love comodo but guys, its all about credibility.... i installed cis on manny pc's and after almost every update, people call me because something funny happens....
last version was stable, but this one is full of bugs. comodo agent does not start. reboot your system. not good.
sorry, i love comodo but we all need the product to be stable.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 05:21:48 AM by costi1977 »

Offline pio

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I like CIS , Kali Linux , IDA Pro & Fl Studio ;)
« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2017, 04:56:14 AM »
This is the only downside of default-deny: whitlisted malware.
To avoid this, you should manually remove every vendor in the "trusted vendor list" and keep only the vendors you trust (Microsoft, Intel, vendors from the programs you use).
I did it with CFW 10, but if later you import previously saved settings, the whole "trusted vendor list" will be re-created (I don't know if it's a bug or an intended behavior).

thats right  ;) done !!! :-TU

that`s the reason why we need more HIPS Alerts for trusted Files if the things goes wrong :) ! "HIPS" is such a powerful tool ! Just let it work  ;)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 05:17:29 AM by pio »
*** Paranoid Bastard since CIS 3.5 ! Independent - NON Profit Malware Analyst ***

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #198 on: April 10, 2017, 05:22:59 AM »
i don't understand why comodo released this version full of problems. i love comodo but guys, you are losing credibility. i installed cis on manny pc's and after almost every update, people call me because something funny happens....
last version was stable, but this is full of bugs. comodo agent does not start. reboot your system. not good.
sorry, i love comodo but we all need the product to be stable.

My 2 cent is that Comodo is placing much more efforts on CCAV rather than on CIS.
CIS has received a new update after more than 3 months (and with several bugs), while CCAV is updated nearly once a week.

Nowadays there aren't so many free standalone firewall left (I'm aware of Comodo and ZoneAlarm only), while it's plenty of softwares that work with Windows Firewall (TinyWall, Binisoft WFC, Sphinx-soft Windows 10 Firewall Control, WFN, FAB, Simplewall, Glasswire...)

Offline costi1977

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #199 on: April 10, 2017, 05:40:07 AM »
My 2 cent is that Comodo is placing much more efforts on CCAV rather than on CIS.
CIS has received a new update after more than 3 months (and with several bugs), while CCAV is updated nearly once a week.

Nowadays there aren't so many free standalone firewall left (I'm aware of Comodo and ZoneAlarm only), while it's plenty of softwares that work with Windows Firewall (TinyWall, Binisoft WFC, Sphinx-soft Windows 10 Firewall Control, WFN, FAB, Simplewall, Glasswire...)

ok, but i cant imagine that ccav will replace cis. maybe the av component can be replace with cloud av but the this goal is far away...

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #200 on: April 10, 2017, 05:51:12 AM »

ok, but i cant imagine that ccav will replace cis. maybe the av component can be replace with cloud av but the this goal is far away...

I have replaced Comodo Firewall with CCAV + TinyWall and so far, so good.
Comodo Firewall without HIPS is not that better than Windows Firewall with advanced security (outgoing traffic blocked by default) and TinyWall does it very well, giving a better control over Windows Firewall.
Then, both CFW and CCAV have auto-sandbox/containment, cloud lookup/trusted vendor list and viruscope, so they are nearly the same on that.
Of course, having one SW only is much better, but CCAV + TinyWall is a good option for me (around 25Mb of total hard disk space and around 60Mb of total RAM)

Offline hkjoj

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #201 on: April 10, 2017, 07:26:18 AM »
I have replaced Comodo Firewall with CCAV + TinyWall and so far, so good.
Comodo Firewall without HIPS is not that better than Windows Firewall with advanced security (outgoing traffic blocked by default) and TinyWall does it very well, giving a better control over Windows Firewall.
Then, both CFW and CCAV have auto-sandbox/containment, cloud lookup/trusted vendor list and viruscope, so they are nearly the same on that.
Of course, having one SW only is much better, but CCAV + TinyWall is a good option for me (around 25Mb of total hard disk space and around 60Mb of total RAM)

Another way to go is ccav + build in window firewall configure feature.. this may be able to replace CIS  ;D !ot!

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #202 on: April 10, 2017, 09:20:07 AM »
Restored to an earlier build prior to Creators update. Rebooted.
Reinstalled COMODO, rebooted, so that I could then uninstall COMODO using the permanently uninstall option. Then rebooted again.
Ran ccleaner. Rebooted.
Noticed Secure Shopping was still installed, but not in the installed apps menu.
Reinstalled Creators update. No text glitch. Happy days!!!
Installed COMODO .6209. No text glitch. Happy days!!!
..... Rebooted. Text glitch back again. Rebooted again. Still there. :(

So when people refer to doing a clean install, does this mean there's any other forceful sweep uninstaller I should be running? I'm aware there is the command prompt script but that's not for version 10 is it?
Follow these steps;
1. Uninstall using the permanent option reboot when it asks you to.
2. run this bat file using right-click run as administrator .
3. select the remove option and when it completes reboot.
4. once logged in, install CIS and wait until the alert request for you to restart and click ok.

Offline blade120

• Comodo Family Member
  • I Like COMODO :)
« Reply #203 on: April 10, 2017, 09:21:50 AM »
Next problem on this version
After system restart the program is running

Text in Google Translate

Offline mailmen

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #204 on: April 10, 2017, 10:14:13 AM »
Hello everyone is it possible to install secure shoping only? i ´m using comodo client security and i would like to use secure shoping also thank you!

Offline 23

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #205 on: April 10, 2017, 10:50:46 AM »
I don't have any problems with this or the previous version on Win7x64. Conclusion: The problem is in Windows version, not CIS. I guess M$ is trying to push their sh*tty "defender".

Offline tazruby2000

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #206 on: April 10, 2017, 11:14:50 AM »
Hello everyone is it possible to install secure shoping only? i ´m using comodo client security and i would like to use secure shoping also thank you!
I could be wrong but I think it is available on Comodo Internet Security 10.

Offline HOODY

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #207 on: April 10, 2017, 11:33:48 AM »
my laptop was updated via the usual download within the program  on my W10 (redstone) OS, I see nothing out of the ordinary, it continued to work since the update to V10. Yesterday I  updated my HP desktop that has comodo V8, ( it wasn't updating via internal updates) After installing W10 Creator ( this is on a old 2.4ghz Q6600 cpu with 4 g ram) it wasn't working, ok, I clicked "fix it" and it went into something, got a box that said restart, did so, and so far V8 is working OK again on Windows Creator on this desktop. So I'm not sure what to say about it not being compatible. Today I may go ahead and update my laptop to Creator using a burned ISO, since I already have V10 installed I don't see any problems there either, it may just need to click "fix it" there too.

As for Windows Defender, it is getting better, and I even have it turned ON on the desktop, it seems to work OK with comodo on.

Offline Im_Special

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #208 on: April 10, 2017, 02:57:40 PM »
How do I download the Comodo Firewall, without installing Internet Security Essentials (vkise.exe) along with it, why is this "bloat" being forced apon me? It should be offered like the geekbuddy crap, uncheckable.

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #209 on: April 10, 2017, 02:59:39 PM »
Please uninstall Internet Security Essentials for now.
We will be considering making it optional.

How do I download the Comodo Firewall, without installing Internet Security Essentials (vkise.exe) along with it, why is this "bloat" being forced apon me? It should be offered like the geekbuddy crap, uncheckable.
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek