Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6209 Released  (Read 31200 times)

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6209 Released
« Reply #180 on: April 09, 2017, 09:59:16 AM »
Should? It seems that it is in fact imperative, without risk of borking the system.

I'm feeling that if CISP has come to a point of being so advanced that it can't allow windows to install an update, then it's a little bit over the top for me. If it's what it is, then it is what it is, and I won't complain as I've only ever used the free version. But I need to know.... is this a known problem with 6209 still, despite being advertised as having resolved this issue, and should I do a system restore for now, and be patient until a revised CISP version is available? Or is it time to respectively part ways with CISP if having to uninstall it every time a particular windows update occurs, is unacceptable to me.
I have CIS 10 6209 installed on the Windows 10 CU and don't have any text issue and others have stated the same https://forums.comodo.com/resolvedoutdated-issues-cis/no-text-displayed-in-explorer-after-windows-creators-updates-comodo-installed-t118742.0.html;msg854061#msg854061

After I remove the installed version of comodo and install the newest Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6209  seems that windows working fine.

Blame MS for drastically changing Windows 10 so much that it breaks applications. None of this happened with Windows 7 or 8/8.1. I'll even go as far to say Windows 10 isn't even Windows 10 anymore...more like Windows 12,13,etc due the major changes between those updates.

Offline flammobammo

« Reply #181 on: April 09, 2017, 10:06:20 AM »
I tried to make it clear, I'm not wishing to assign blame to anyone. Just hoping to find out what the cause of my issue is with 6209 on two separate computers, is this likely to get addressed soon, or not? Please don't blame people. I appreciate both what comodo and Microsoft do.

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #182 on: April 09, 2017, 10:06:53 AM »
Hi flammobammo,
If you fresh install v6209, you should be fine and CIS will be compatible with upcoming Windows Creators updates  however you may still see following reported problems:
1 - CIS shortcuts can't be moved around or deleted.
2 - Some users may get error of comodo security agent can not be started, although PC still remains protected. It's annoyance of error message otherwise you are fine.

I'm feeling that if CISP has come to a point of being so advanced that it can't allow windows to install an update, then it's a little bit over the top for me.
We understand the concerns and working in direction where in such critical situations we could release some configuration update patches, which may not require program updates and be applied immediately as soon as config updates are live.

Comodo provides unmatched security and we are sorry for this situation. I am sure users like you don't like, but as a company we don't want to get into such situations either.

We will be resuming updates by Monday US morning with some fixes so that updates don't cause any problems.

Please bear with us.

Thanks
-umesh
Should? It seems that it is in fact imperative, without risk of borking the system.

I'm feeling that if CISP has come to a point of being so advanced that it can't allow windows to install an update, then it's a little bit over the top for me. If it's what it is, then it is what it is, and I won't complain as I've only ever used the free version. But I need to know.... is this a known problem with 6209 still, despite being advertised as having resolved this issue, and should I do a system restore for now, and be patient until a revised CISP version is available? Or is it time to respectively part ways with CISP if having to uninstall it every time a particular windows update occurs, is unacceptable to me.
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline tazruby2000

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #183 on: April 09, 2017, 10:25:41 AM »
I have the comodo security agent couldn't start error once. I looked in the Windows Event Logs for errors and found the computer browser couldn't start with the server service stopped. I disabled the computer browser service since I don't need it. I cleaned the windows prefetch data and restarted windows. When windows started back up, no comodo security agent errors. This may help some with the comodo security agent error, it worked for me.

Offline pio

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I like CIS , Kali Linux , IDA Pro & Fl Studio ;)
« Reply #184 on: April 09, 2017, 01:14:40 PM »
hey guys ,

a BIG thx at all who try to help me !!! But i have some News about my Problem . Good news for me , i've reached 340/340 with Comodo Leak Test with HIPS in Safe Mode , but perhaps some bad news for Comodo because I am very sure that i've found a "Bug" that can become critical under certain circumstances .

Unfortunately , I have really no time at the moment to give you more technical details .  :-\ I will write a detailed Report in a few Hours !!!

Best Regards !!!

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 01:16:33 PM by pio »
*** Paranoid Bastard since CIS 3.5 ! Independent - NON Profit Malware Analyst ***

Offline LostFon_Drive

« Reply #185 on: April 09, 2017, 03:33:38 PM »
COMODO Security Agent could not be started

I solved my problem by opening regedit from the start menu and navigating to the key, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run, I deleted the value, C: \ Program Files \ COMODO \ COMODO Internet Security \ cistray. Exe, and restarted Windows.

This was enough for CIS to load normally without displaying the Windows alert.

Thanks, but unfortunately it's not working, the alert appers as before.  :'(

Offline LostFon_Drive

« Reply #186 on: April 09, 2017, 03:36:15 PM »
I have the comodo security agent couldn't start error once. I looked in the Windows Event Logs for errors and found the computer browser couldn't start with the server service stopped. I disabled the computer browser service since I don't need it. I cleaned the windows prefetch data and restarted windows. When windows started back up, no comodo security agent errors. This may help some with the comodo security agent error, it worked for me.

Could you please tell me the exact method to do this?

Offline tazruby2000

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #187 on: April 09, 2017, 04:03:17 PM »
After I had the comodo security agent error. I went to the control panel (all control panel items) figure 1.  Then to administrative tools and then event viewer. In the event event viewer / custom views / administrative events, I don't have any errors as I deleted them.  Like I mentioned in my previous post, I was lucky it was simple and I figured it was the only thing as I changed a few windows services. But the event viewer helped point out what the issue was.

Offline tazruby2000

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #188 on: April 09, 2017, 04:08:33 PM »
I ran the comodo leak test yesterday and wonder why there was a pop up that usually happens when malicious programs are installed.

Offline qmarius

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • making simple things complicated
« Reply #189 on: April 09, 2017, 04:10:08 PM »
It's a bit ridiculous how many times same issues were mentioned with this build. Yandere mode activated.

Offline qmarius

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • making simple things complicated
« Reply #190 on: April 09, 2017, 04:12:33 PM »
I ran the comodo leak test yesterday and wonder why there was a pop up that usually happens when malicious programs are installed.

Whitelisting it would be worse, right?

Offline pio

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #191 on: April 09, 2017, 08:13:48 PM »

False Positive !!! fixed with database Version <26884> of  Comodo Internet Security Version<10.0.1.6209>
*** Paranoid Bastard since CIS 3.5 ! Independent - NON Profit Malware Analyst ***

Offline flammobammo

« Reply #192 on: April 09, 2017, 10:43:32 PM »
Hi flammobammo,
If you fresh install v6209, you should be fine and CIS will be compatible with upcoming Windows Creators updates  however ....

Hi umesh, thanks for your response, appreciated!

I uninstalled using the top option of the uninstall menu, to allow for later reinstallation of another version. Rebooted, installed Creators, rebooted, installed CIS .6209, looked okay, rebooted, same problem with text/menus. Am I likely to have more success with the 'permanently remove' uninstaller option?

Thanks in advace

Offline flammobammo

« Reply #193 on: April 10, 2017, 02:56:31 AM »
Restored to an earlier build prior to Creators update. Rebooted.
Reinstalled COMODO, rebooted, so that I could then uninstall COMODO using the permanently uninstall option. Then rebooted again.
Ran ccleaner. Rebooted.
Noticed Secure Shopping was still installed, but not in the installed apps menu.
Reinstalled Creators update. No text glitch. Happy days!!!
Installed COMODO .6209. No text glitch. Happy days!!!
..... Rebooted. Text glitch back again. Rebooted again. Still there. :(

So when people refer to doing a clean install, does this mean there's any other forceful sweep uninstaller I should be running? I'm aware there is the command prompt script but that's not for version 10 is it?

Offline pio

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #194 on: April 10, 2017, 03:34:32 AM »
This Topic will take some explaining . Its nessesary to describe something what i have done .

In the last Days I did a couple of runs with CLT to reach the full score . Oddly, CLT was recognized as malware yesterday . Next I run CLT in Safe Mode with Auto-Containment OFF . CIS gives out a useless FP Malware Warning so I decided to click "Ignore" . I click on "Ignore" , Pop Up again , again , again ... ! No Chance .... ! "Interposed question" : WHY ? :D I knew this is a false positiv so i decided to click on "Ignore and send as False Positive" . CIS classified the file as "Trusted" and created some Rules . This Rules are not usefull for CLT , so I deleted the HIPS , Firewall and trusted File Entries . Then i started CLT . Although all the rules were deleted now , but CIS said nothing ! Hmm ... i checked all Rules again . HIPS clean , Firewall clean , Filelist .... :o Oh , the Rule was present again ! Another Interposed question : WHY ?  ;) But the Show must go on ... ! I delete the Filerating Rule again ! Another run with CLT was started .... No Pop Up's , No access requests , nothing ! All Tests were done silently and some were passed , others failed ! Back to the Filerating Section . Oh NOOO , the Rule is back !:( Now I classified the file manually as unknown ! CLT was started and BINGO , for each permisson request a Warning pops up and all Tests were passed .

So far so good ... !!! So where is the Problem ? The Problem ( the Bug ) is : If a User classiefied a File as "trusted" , it is not enough to remove the Rule to delete the Classification . A User must set the file manualy as "Unknown" to accomplish this . If you dont do this , the "trusted" Rule comes back every time when the File was executed .

Another CRITICAL maybe Scenario :

A "typical" inexperienced User wants to run an unknown but digital signed , malicous file . The File was not detected from CIS-AV and was theoretically be able to bypass Auto-Containment and uses theoretically all the simulated techniques from CLT . Maybe the User is one of those People for whom a Sandbox remains an eternal mystery or he decides that the Sandbox is not necessary , because CIS has not recognized anything . So he classifies the file as trusted and execute the File . AV is the first Looser , Sandbox was bypassed , not used or Valkyrie fails .  Now HIPS should come into the Game . But what's happend now ? We remember the scenario from above , File was trusted so the malicous file runs without asking for access permisson and causes damage in the backround . And because it's trusted  , the User receives NO Information about that what's happend .

If HIPS is third line of defense , i think it is not a good Idea to supress all Warnings just because the File was classified as "trusted" .  Even if all other mechanisms of detection get fail , specific HIPS behaviors should always be reported . So the User have a last Chance to regognize that some things go wrong .... !!!

P.S. To remove the signature dectecion for CLT is good ! Not so good is that Comodo has classified the file as "trusted" , because CLT does not work properly . All my attempts to change the classification manually have failed . The "trusted" rating from comodo seems to be more important as my personal Classifcation attemps .

Best Regards !!!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 07:13:10 AM by pio »

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek