Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6209 Released  (Read 31399 times)

Offline Cavalary

• Comodo Member
    • Cav's Place
Re: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6209 Released
« Reply #165 on: April 08, 2017, 08:57:54 PM »
[at] windstorm

I know what you want to tell me , but after the last Update , in Safe Mode there were no possibility for me to choose something to allowing or not ! If i run CLT with HIPS in Safe Mode , HIPS said nothing at no time ! In the "Paranoid Mode" , firstval CIS asked for permisson to run CLT.exe and CIS had also asked for permission for each individual test section . And although I had allowed the File to launch , all Tests were passed ! Do you know what I mean ?
In case this option still exists in v10 (I'm not touching it anytime soon after what I'm seeing here!), make sure it's disabled. Recall that in v8 it was enabled by default (at least at first, started with 8.0, don't know if as of some later point the defaults had it disabled), and it's obviously a huge risk and makes HIPS nearly useless.

Offline tazruby2000

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #166 on: April 08, 2017, 10:22:33 PM »
I did the comodo leak test and only got 140/340. Would uninstalling and reinstalling help with this? I upgraded from version 10.0.0.6092 to this one. I have it in the proactive setting with all the recommend setting for max protection.

Offline pio

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I like CIS , Kali Linux , IDA Pro & Fl Studio ;)
« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2017, 10:31:38 PM »
I did the comodo leak test and only got 140/340. Would uninstalling and reinstalling help with this? I upgraded from version 10.0.0.6092 to this one. I have it in the proactive setting with all the recommend setting for max protection.

hey ..... for my personal interest , what do you have for a operating system ? thx
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 10:33:22 PM by pio »
*** Paranoid Bastard since CIS 3.5 ! Independent - NON Profit Malware Analyst ***

Offline tazruby2000

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #168 on: April 08, 2017, 10:33:05 PM »
Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit.

Offline pio

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2017, 10:37:01 PM »
ok thx , as you see above it seems that there are some serious problems with win7 , in my case uninstall + clean install did not help

i've changed to HIPS - Paranoid Config , now my score was 340/340

If you run the Comodo Leak Test , pls make sure that the auto containment is off
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 10:46:29 PM by pio »
*** Paranoid Bastard since CIS 3.5 ! Independent - NON Profit Malware Analyst ***

Offline pio

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #170 on: April 08, 2017, 10:53:51 PM »
In case this option still exists in v10 (I'm not touching it anytime soon after what I'm seeing here!), make sure it's disabled. Recall that in v8 it was enabled by default (at least at first, started with 8.0, don't know if as of some later point the defaults had it disabled), and it's obviously a huge risk and makes HIPS nearly useless.

thx for your thoughts about that , youre generally right but in my case this is unfortunately not the reason for the problems that plague me ;)

Offline tazruby2000

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2017, 11:33:57 PM »
Not sure if my low score is a setting (enhanced protection mode). I have windows 7 home premium 32 bit OS with a 64 bit processor. This activated when I switched to proactive mode, wonder if I should disable this since it doesn't mention 32 bit OS. This is from Comodo Internet Security  https://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-766-9163-HIPS-Settings.html

Enable enhanced protection mode   - On 64 bit systems, enabling this mode will activate additional host intrusion prevention techniques to counteract extremely sophisticated malware that tries to bypass regular HIPS protection. Because of limitations in Windows 7/8/10 x64 systems, some HIPS functions in previous versions of CIS could theoretically be bypassed by malware. Enhanced Protection Mode implements several patent-pending ways to improve HIPS. CIS requires a system restart for enabling enhanced protection mode. (Default = Disabled)

Offline VandIT

« Reply #172 on: April 09, 2017, 06:34:34 AM »

Offline Wisdom

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Default-Deny Protection
    • CFI
« Reply #173 on: April 09, 2017, 07:58:00 AM »
Wisdom thanks a lot for your advice , but the correct CIS settings for a CL-Test are already known to me  ;) All my test's were done without Auto Containment !

I've run a new Comodo Leak Test with "Paranoid" - HIPS Settings - Score : 340/340
But with "Safe" - HIPS - Config , it's impossible for me to get more then 200/340 .

In Safe Mode , not a single Warning has come from HIPS . And NO Warnings means there is NO way to block anything . So CIS has failed in many Categories ! All tests that CIS passed , were blocked silently without giving out any information about whats happend . In Safe Mode there was NO Chance for any User Intervention ! I had 340/340 points in Safe Mode too before the last update was offered ! CIS had also asked for permission for each individual test section . This thing has unfortunately changed .

Could you export your current config and send it to me via PM?
Heuristics: detecting tomorrow’s threats today

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #174 on: April 09, 2017, 08:42:26 AM »
Not sure if my low score is a setting (enhanced protection mode). I have windows 7 home premium 32 bit OS with a 64 bit processor. This activated when I switched to proactive mode, wonder if I should disable this since it doesn't mention 32 bit OS. This is from Comodo Internet Security  https://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-766-9163-HIPS-Settings.html

Enable enhanced protection mode   - On 64 bit systems, enabling this mode will activate additional host intrusion prevention techniques to counteract extremely sophisticated malware that tries to bypass regular HIPS protection. Because of limitations in Windows 7/8/10 x64 systems, some HIPS functions in previous versions of CIS could theoretically be bypassed by malware. Enhanced Protection Mode implements several patent-pending ways to improve HIPS. CIS requires a system restart for enabling enhanced protection mode. (Default = Disabled)

You don't need that setting enabled and actually doesn't do anything when set on a 32-bit Windows. It is meant for 64-bit systems as the help documentation indicates.

Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6209 Offline Installer

http://cdn.download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/5020/xml_binaries/cis/cis_setup_x86.msi
http://cdn.download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/5020/xml_binaries/cis/cis_setup_x64.msi

Installers is not correct, only antivirus becomes installed!  :-TD
Those are not the official offline installers, but if you choose to use the msi installers then you need to install using certain parameters to select between CAV, CFW, or CIS.

Wisdom thanks a lot for your advice , but the correct CIS settings for a CL-Test are already known to me  ;) All my test's were done without Auto Containment !

I've run a new Comodo Leak Test with "Paranoid" - HIPS Settings - Score : 340/340
But with "Safe" - HIPS - Config , it's impossible for me to get more then 200/340 .

In Safe Mode , not a single Warning has come from HIPS . And NO Warnings means there is NO way to block anything . So CIS has failed in many Categories ! All tests that CIS passed , were blocked silently without giving out any information about whats happend . In Safe Mode there was NO Chance for any User Intervention ! I had 340/340 points in Safe Mode too before the last update was offered ! CIS had also asked for permission for each individual test section . This thing has unfortunately changed .

I think CLT is somehow rated as trusted, did you ever change the file rating in the file list or select report as a false positive in the AV alert for "Application unwanted"?

Offline VandIT

« Reply #175 on: April 09, 2017, 08:52:55 AM »
Those are not the official offline installers, but if you choose to use the msi installers then you need to install using certain parameters to select between CAV, CFW, or CIS.

Thanks a lot! How are the parameters for CIS only? :)

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #176 on: April 09, 2017, 09:21:29 AM »
Thanks a lot! How are the parameters for CIS only? :)
from a command prompt run:
msiexec /I cis_setup_x64.msi INSTALLANTIVIRUS=1 INSTALLFIREWALL=1

of course make sure you cd to the directory to where you saved the msi file other wise you need to provide the full path to it after the /I argument.

Offline flammobammo

« Reply #177 on: April 09, 2017, 09:32:36 AM »
Updating to v10.0.1.6209 has not resolved the issue of the 'no text after creators update' for me. I updated CISP to this version and then downloaded and installed Windows 10 version 1703 build 15063.13. This is on a computer that I hadn't yet tried updating to Creators until this CISP build was released.

Any ideas?

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #178 on: April 09, 2017, 09:38:12 AM »
Updating to v10.0.1.6209 has not resolved the issue of the 'no text after creators update' for me. I updated CISP to this version and then downloaded and installed Windows 10 version 1703 build 15063.13. This is on a computer that I hadn't yet tried updating to Creators until this CISP build was released.

Any ideas?
When installing these major Windows 10 updates (TH1,TH2,RS1, RS2/CU) you should uninstall CIS then install again after the Windows upgrade.

Offline flammobammo

« Reply #179 on: April 09, 2017, 09:48:26 AM »
When installing these major Windows 10 updates (TH1,TH2,RS1, RS2/CU) you should uninstall CIS then install again after the Windows upgrade.

Should? It seems that it is in fact imperative, without risk of borking the system.

I'm feeling that if CISP has come to a point of being so advanced that it can't allow windows to install an update, then it's a little bit over the top for me. If it's what it is, then it is what it is, and I won't complain as I've only ever used the free version. But I need to know.... is this a known problem with 6209 still, despite being advertised as having resolved this issue, and should I do a system restore for now, and be patient until a revised CISP version is available? Or is it time to respectively part ways with CISP if having to uninstall it every time a particular windows update occurs, is unacceptable to me.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek