Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6209 Released  (Read 31379 times)

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6209 Released
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2017, 11:18:37 AM »
Skullner, I merged your post with the release topic. Your post typically fits the comments of the release topic and we keep things in one place as much as reasonably can be expected.

Offline pio

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I like CIS , Kali Linux , IDA Pro & Fl Studio ;)
« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2017, 11:23:34 AM »
You can still run it on Windows 10 no problem. But I just tried again on Windows 7 and I still get a 340/340. Are you sure you are using proactive config? try imported the default proactive config from the CIS install directory.

I have imported the default Proactive Config from the CIS Folder = Same Results   :-\

Another Question :
Enable adaptive mode under low system resources   - Very rarely (and only in a heavily loaded system), low memory conditions might cause certain CIS functions to fail. With this option enabled, CIS will attempt to locate and utilize memory using adaptive techniques so that it can complete its pending tasks. However, enabling this option may reduce performance in even lightly loaded systems. (Default = Disabled)

For what Reason "adaptive mode" is enabled by default in the Proactive config?

P.s. My Windows Aero Desktop Designs were gone too ......  :-\ Service was started but the Design wouldn't change anymore ! But if i start the Design Service manually again  , it works ! But after the next reboot , the trouble reappears ... !
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:01:27 PM by pio »
*** Paranoid Bastard since CIS 3.5 ! Independent - NON Profit Malware Analyst ***

Offline Turkoman

« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2017, 12:36:26 PM »
Thanks Comodo Family  :)

Offline Wisdom

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Default-Deny Protection
    • CFI
« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2017, 01:07:25 PM »
I have imported the default Proactive Config from the CIS Folder = Same Results   :-\

Disable Auto-Containment then try CLT.

Heuristics: detecting tomorrow’s threats today

Offline Nastrahl

• Comodo Member
  • devil_created.
« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2017, 02:43:04 PM »
Where can we download CLT ?

Thanks.
Il faut se persuader du bouc émissaire, ce lieu sentimental ingurgitant excessivement n'importe quelle inconvenance laissant libre le Malin d'ailleurs y jouer ses tours.

Offline Nastrahl

• Comodo Member
  • devil_created.
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2017, 02:44:17 PM »
Hm, strangely it add a shortcut on the desktop every time I close the settings menu.

Is there a way to block that ?
Il faut se persuader du bouc émissaire, ce lieu sentimental ingurgitant excessivement n'importe quelle inconvenance laissant libre le Malin d'ailleurs y jouer ses tours.

Offline wonderlust76

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2017, 02:48:24 PM »
Hm, strangely it add a shortcut on the desktop every time I close the settings menu.

Same here...I don't like the desktop shortcut, cause for me the tray icon is enought...

Offline numb3rs666

• Comodo Member
« Reply #157 on: April 08, 2017, 03:02:43 PM »
Known issue, also happens when you pin or unpin tasks to comodo task bar.

Sorry when do you thing to solve this issue?

I think that is quite strange to release a new version with a bug like this. I think also that should be simple to solve, why you do not have solved it before? :-\

Thanks for your work

Offline qmarius

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • making simple things complicated
« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2017, 03:08:13 PM »
We should also be thankful that promise was kept. There was a lot of pressure from users regarding W10 support.  :)

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #159 on: April 08, 2017, 03:54:05 PM »
Where can we download CLT ?

Thanks.
You can get it from this post.

Same here...I don't like the desktop shortcut, cause for me the tray icon is enought...
Sorry when do you thing to solve this issue?

I think that is quite strange to release a new version with a bug like this. I think also that should be simple to solve, why you do not have solved it before? :-\

Thanks for your work

Known issue and will be fixed in an upcoming update soon. Think in the next few days.

Offline johnrambobt

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #160 on: April 08, 2017, 04:48:18 PM »
Hi johnrambobt,
I guess you mean following:
Under "Settings --> Miscellaneous -->Show alerts in case other software attempts to modify current...".

Thanks
-umesh

Thanks! I found it!

Offline Henrique - RJ

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Rio de Janeiro - RJ - Brazil
« Reply #161 on: April 08, 2017, 06:11:50 PM »
Hello, since the update to this new version of Comodo Firewall, everytime I turn on the PC, i find this message:

The diagnostic tool can not fix the problem, and I need to launch Comodo Firewall manually. The error message appears again when I reboot the PC.

How can I fix this? I attached the bug report.

COMODO Security Agent could not be started

I solved my problem by opening regedit from the start menu and navigating to the key, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run, I deleted the value, C: \ Program Files \ COMODO \ COMODO Internet Security \ cistray. Exe, and restarted Windows.

This was enough for CIS to load normally without displaying the Windows alert.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 06:56:51 PM by Henrique - RJ »

Offline pio

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #162 on: April 08, 2017, 06:20:16 PM »
Disable Auto-Containment then try CLT.

Wisdom thanks a lot for your advice , but the correct CIS settings for a CL-Test are already known to me  ;) All my test's were done without Auto Containment !

I've run a new Comodo Leak Test with "Paranoid" - HIPS Settings - Score : 340/340
But with "Safe" - HIPS - Config , it's impossible for me to get more then 200/340 .

In Safe Mode , not a single Warning has come from HIPS . And NO Warnings means there is NO way to block anything . So CIS has failed in many Categories ! All tests that CIS passed , were blocked silently without giving out any information about whats happend . In Safe Mode there was NO Chance for any User Intervention ! I had 340/340 points in Safe Mode too before the last update was offered ! CIS had also asked for permission for each individual test section . This thing has unfortunately changed .
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 07:33:12 PM by pio »
*** Paranoid Bastard since CIS 3.5 ! Independent - NON Profit Malware Analyst ***

Offline qmarius

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • making simple things complicated
« Reply #163 on: April 08, 2017, 06:51:22 PM »
[at]pio, you are probably allowing something when it's launching. That's why. I get maximum score without switching to proactive.

Offline pio

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #164 on: April 08, 2017, 08:18:30 PM »
[at]pio, you are probably allowing something when it's launching. That's why. I get maximum score without switching to proactive.

[at] windstorm

I know what you want to tell me , but after the last Update , in Safe Mode there were no possibility for me to choose something to allowing or not ! If i run CLT with HIPS in Safe Mode , HIPS said nothing at no time ! In the "Paranoid Mode" , firstval CIS asked for permisson to run CLT.exe and CIS had also asked for permission for each individual test section . And although I had allowed the File to launch , all Tests were passed ! Do you know what I mean ?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 08:37:42 PM by pio »

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek