Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security 8.2.0.4978 fixes build is released!!!!  (Read 22716 times)

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Internet Security 8.2.0.4978 fixes build is released!!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2016, 10:14:33 AM »
Of course the "alerts not appearing" on W10 bug is still there, why would you fix that?  88)

? Tell me the details pls.

Offline qmarius

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • making simple things complicated
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2016, 10:30:07 AM »
[at]egemen, see Bug 1602.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2016, 11:55:51 AM »
These files are already in protected files. So malware or any unknown application cannot modify. In your case, it is corrupted by guest user(not admin) this is an issue i am seeing. It can be of course prevented by a rule like you add above so that even admins cannot change etc..

The fixes were related to folders where we download binaries and load them. Any low privileged user could inject their binaries there. While there were no issues, it had potential for future threats that we may not anticipate. This folder is only used for log files, booster files and some other database files.
First of all. Good to see you around egemen. Always a pleasure. :)

Could you elaborate on the issue you see with this? As far as my understanding goes it is a user bypass from the perspective of CIS. I am not intimately familiar with the privileges Windows grants but I could imagine a problem with Windows guest privileges. Could you shine a technical light on where the issue exactly is; on whose side of the fence?
Yes. I saw some tools you used to exploit the issue. If you have them, you can send them to me for verification.
Looking forward to hear your threat assessment. Here or in a non public board.

Offline Victor Popescu

• Comodo's Hero
  • Say Hello To My Little Comodo !!!
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2016, 12:19:13 PM »
Nice to see some important issues being addressed... I rarely come to see the forums these days, CIS is working fine for me (win 10 install, not win 7 upgrade), it has become a great, mature product (I'm a proud user since 2009)... update went smooth.

Congratulations and my thanks to the devs, community and all who contribute for keeping the internet and us safe !
"It's all a game, avoiding failure, when true colors will bleed
All in the name of misbehavior and the things we don't need
I lust for after no disaster can touch, touch us anymore
And more than ever, I hope to never fall, where ENOUGH is not the same it was before"... by Poets Of The Fall.

Offline christarzan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2016, 12:32:53 PM »
I think Comodo had the highest number of BSOD occurrences in the whole AV industry. Can count upto at least 15 times over the years in this PC alone. I knew it wasn't coded well as a result and if people looked into it, there would be problems. These thoughts were proven to be correct today.

Still, I use Comodo because it is the best even with the BSODs. Nowadays, there are no BSODs. I give plus points to Comodo for fixing their product over the years as well.

There is still a chance for BSOD with one game that I am playing called 'PlanetSide 2' but I found a way around it, after installing the game and just before loading, I minimize the game screen and select the Comodo popup and allow the game. If I don't do that, the PC freezes and have to hardboot.

Anyway, appreciate these fixes. Wish all the best.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:39:11 PM by christarzan »

Offline lyn

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2016, 01:20:12 PM »
Where is the location of this ?  (New file group "Media Players" in Auto-Sandbox rules)

Offline qmarius

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • making simple things complicated
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2016, 02:04:54 PM »
[at]christarzan, it's probably something specific to "Proactive Security" configuration.  :)

Offline King M.

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2016, 02:35:00 PM »
I tried to update out of Comodo FW but it fails - inspect.sys error says the log. How can I solve this? BTW - running FW 8.2.0.4792 on W7 X64.

Thanks in advance.
M.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 02:37:42 PM by King M. »

Offline cuser

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2016, 03:45:52 PM »
As usual my Vista-machine had last update check hrs ago and on 1st manual update it updated database only and on 2nd it updated program too. I see that CIS ain't still fully Vista compatible.

Offline gisot

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2016, 07:10:42 PM »
Where is the location of this ?  (New file group "Media Players" in Auto-Sandbox rules)

Advanced Settings - Security Settings - File Ratings - File Groups
Win 10 64bit

Offline Solarlynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2016, 05:32:24 AM »
Thank you Comodo team for new release. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this release to work on my PC.

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2016, 01:01:21 PM »
First of all. Good to see you around egemen. Always a pleasure. :)
the pleasure is mine Eric :)
Could you elaborate on the issue you see with this? As far as my understanding goes it is a user bypass from the perspective of CIS. I am not intimately familiar with the privileges Windows grants but I could imagine a problem with Windows guest privileges. Could you shine a technical light on where the issue exactly is; on whose side of the fence?Looking forward to hear your threat assessment. Here or in a non public board.

It is user behavior. I personally do not see any threats. We are changing the permissions so that entire program data  folder is consistent.  The problem with other folders was that we loaded some binaries from different folders and malicious attackers with lower privilege user rights could (if they find a vulnerability) use this to elevate privileges. Not that we are aware of a vulnerability but setting right permissions is a good security practice. 

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2016, 01:05:07 PM »
I think Comodo had the highest number of BSOD occurrences in the whole AV industry. Can count upto at least 15 times over the years in this PC alone. I knew it wasn't coded well as a result and if people looked into it, there would be problems. These thoughts were proven to be correct today.

Still, I use Comodo because it is the best even with the BSODs. Nowadays, there are no BSODs. I give plus points to Comodo for fixing their product over the years as well.

There is still a chance for BSOD with one game that I am playing called 'PlanetSide 2' but I found a way around it, after installing the game and just before loading, I minimize the game screen and select the Comodo popup and allow the game. If I don't do that, the PC freezes and have to hardboot.

Anyway, appreciate these fixes. Wish all the best.

Hello Chris,

This is serious.  Can you please run  a diagnostic report and upload this diagnostic report to somewhere so we can download and see the root cause of these BSODs?

Offline Djigibao

• Comodo Member
    • AV Gurus
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2016, 05:29:44 PM »
Now by default Chromodo and GeekBuddy are un-check   :-TU:

Offline Solarlynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2016, 04:05:23 AM »
Thank you Comodo team for new release. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this release to work on my PC.

My PC and this release (and like all last releases) of Comodo don't get along.  :(

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek