Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security 8.2.0.4674 (with Win10 Support) is released!!  (Read 68378 times)

Offline ache

• Comodo Member
Re: Comodo Internet Security 8.2.0.4674 (with Win10 Support) is released!!
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2015, 04:55:11 PM »
You may ask why it works after tricky half-hibernated Win10 shutdown? Honestly, I don't know. It very depends of the exact bug nature. If it depends on memory somehow, like buffer overflow, memory can be remapped very differently after restoring from half-hibernated shutdown comparing to fresh restarted system. But this is just pure speculation, don't take it as statement.
IPv6 Sage too (it is easy)

Offline Cavct

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2015, 05:16:57 PM »
BuketB,

After doing some further testing I am happy to inform you it is
not a Comodo or Microsoft Problem. I have my Search Working again.

This is  the culprit...  C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe

I had this set to Block In & Out, I  have now set it to Ask. One other person got it right...BlueTesta right on
the  money. So everyone should go into your  Application Rules & change this to Ask or Allow & you should be
fine.

Then again I am only using the Firewall with all protections turned off, so good luck to all.

I have Cortana turned off as well as Web Search in the settings & I have Show Search Box Hidden,so this is just crazy to associate Cortana with a local search when you have it  disabled. Oh well that's Microsoft for you.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 12:02:57 AM by Cavct »

Offline BlueTesta

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2015, 05:28:53 PM »
Great, thanks for confirming   :) :-TU
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Offline ache

• Comodo Member
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2015, 05:31:45 PM »
This is  the culprit...  C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe

I had this set to Block In & Out,
I don't set this to anything, don't be asked to set it and don't have it in the Application Rules. Moreover Firewall was completely Disabled, still does not work.
BTW, disabling Cortana using the switch or even registry hack is not enough, Group Policy should be used.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 05:37:25 PM by ache »

Offline BlueTesta

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2015, 05:36:13 PM »
I don't set this to anything, don't be asked to set it and don't have it in the Application Rules. Moreover Firewall was completely Disabled, still does not work.

try to Shutdown Searchui.exe in task manager when Comodo firewall is off,
then press the start button and type somthing, then searchui.exe should start up again and work.

You can allow searchui.exe to connect to internet and then block it after and it will still work.
until you restart the Searchui.exe process or restart the pc, since it cant do its internet check and its blocked by comodo then it will stop working again.

In other words, searchui.exe needs to make its Internet check att process start (regardles if you are online or offline) if Comodo stops that internet check, then it wont show search results even for local searches.

Hope it helps
//Bluetesta
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 05:55:28 PM by BlueTesta »
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Offline Cavct

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2015, 05:58:34 PM »
ache,

Unfortunately we all have our systems set up differently, so I don;t know
whats going on with your system. I can only tell you whats worked for me.
As I said I am only using the Firewall with all protections turned off.

BlueTesta,

I am going to test out this great free Utility when I get some time, as they finally have a fully compatible Windows 10 version 4.2.4 you can get it here...

http://www.classicshell.net/

I want to see if it still hooks into the Cortana search etc. If  you like Windows 7 style start this is the way
to  go.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 06:06:23 PM by Cavct »

Offline khanyash

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2015, 06:03:08 PM »
BuketB,

After doing some further testing I am happy to inform you it is
not a Comodo or Microsoft Problem. I have my Search Working again.

I had this set to Block In & Out, I  have now set it to Ask. One other person got it right...BlueTesta right on
the  money. So everyone should go into your  Application Rules & change this to Ask or Allow & you should be
fine...it uses  a 10. ip.

Then again I am only using the Firewall with all protections turned off, so good luck to all.

I have Cortana turned off as well as Web Search in the settings & I have Show Search Box Hidden,so this is just crazy to associate Cortana with a local search when you have it  disabled. Oh well that's Microsoft for you.
As per you its blocked in application rules & should be set to ask or allow.
So why search works with system shutdown & not restart?
I mean if the reason is blocked in application rules...it shouldn't work on system shutdown too, right?

Offline BlueTesta

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2015, 06:15:30 PM »
As per you its blocked in application rules & should be set to ask or allow.
So why search works with system shutdown & not restart?
I mean if the reason is blocked in application rules...it shouldn't work on system shutdown too, right?

Not a clue just a guess.
hm, maybe Searchui.exe is faster to start and make the internet check b4 Comodo is able to stop it, and comodo loads faster then searchui.exe when you restart.

Offline BlueTesta

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2015, 06:24:03 PM »
ache,

Unfortunately we all have our systems set up differently, so I don;t know
whats going on with your system. I can only tell you whats worked for me.
As I said I am only using the Firewall with all protections turned off.

BlueTesta,

I am going to test out this great free Utility when I get some time, as they finally have a fully compatible Windows 10 version 4.2.4 you can get it here...

http://www.classicshell.net/

I want to see if it still hooks into the Cortana search etc. If  you like Windows 7 style start this is the way
to  go.

Ye its a nice program gonna check it out again, used it in windows 8.1.  :)
i have pin the RUN to start and task bar if i would need to run cmd/regedit etc

when i block Searchui.exe in Comodo firewall, the process starts to use 3-10% of my weak laptops cpu sometimes, so i stoped it from starting with Comodo HIPS Blocked Files.

sry for any offtopic.

Offline khanyash

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2015, 06:26:58 PM »
Not a clue just a guess.
hm, maybe Searchui.exe is faster to start and make the internet check b4 Comodo is able to stop it, and comodo loads faster then searchui.exe when you restart.

But searchui.exe is in trusted files so connections should be allowed automatically, right?

Offline ache

• Comodo Member
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2015, 06:29:59 PM »
BlueTesta, you trick with SearchUI.exe works, but during current session only. If the system is rebooted while Firewall stays in Safe Mode, search stuck again with no asking or Application Rules record.

Another trick with similar nature also works until reboot: install COMODO, don't reboot immediately, turn all off. Then reboot and set Safe Mode afterwards, search will work until the next reboot.

It means one interesting thing: if SearchUI.exe stucks once (while Safe Mode is active), it stucks permanently until internal connection to it is closed (or it will be killed), despite all later changes in COMODO options.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:11:58 PM by ache »

Offline BlueTesta

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2015, 06:42:37 PM »
But searchui.exe is in trusted files so connections should be allowed automatically, right?

yep, Searchui.exe is in Comodo Trusted files.
also with Firewall set to Safe Mode.

Offline khanyash

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2015, 06:54:36 PM »
Ok...I manually added searchui.exe in application rules & copied rule from 1 other apps subtitleedit.
After system restart search is working.

I will perform 1 more restart & confirm here...

UPDATE - Ok...its working for me now.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 06:59:59 PM by yessnooo »

Offline BlueTesta

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2015, 07:10:44 PM »
Ok...I manually added searchui.exe in application rules & copied rule from 1 other apps subtitleedit.
After system restart search is working.

I will perform 1 more restart & confirm here...

UPDATE - Ok...its working for me now.

Nice  :) :-TU
Good Night

Offline khanyash

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2015, 07:14:30 PM »

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek